By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Samsung TV with Voice and Gesture Control Rivals Xbox One's Kinect

ironmanDX said:
All this shows me is that Samsung like the way MS is heading with Kinect and are implementing it into their own products also.... You could also say, MS got it right, technology is heading this way.... Of course, such things on this site would be quoted to death and bashed by waves after waves of Sony fans. It's happened to just about every pro MS thread lately. Think I'm kidding, go look for yourselves...

OH BOOO HOOOO.

Grow up. Jesus.

Around the Network
thranx said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

MS paved the way with nothing the Eyetoy did it first. Sony and Apple turned down primesense. MS has made convincing settop box but its just an addition.

Yes the eye toy was out first. So where web cams that did similar things. MS happened to do it right, and to make it a success. Its in that way that they paved the way, they made kinect a success and they are making kinect 2.0 a requirement. That is how you pave the way for something, you make it happen and you make it main stream. It doesn't necissarily mean first to market

Six years before MS and two years before Nintendo is time  enough in the gaming realm.  Heh...a lot of people have used cameras but Sony used it for casual gaming from the start. 

Yay, another lets bash Kinect thread, just what this site needed. Nice to see the regular haters in here too, you should start a club with badges and everything.

Multimedialover said:
UltimateUnknown said:
NobleTeam360 said:
400-500 Xbox that has multiple uses or 1500 to 2000 TV with limited function? I'll take the Xbox.

Yeah but to use the Xbone to its full potential, you already need a HDTV that costs around $1000 anyway. In a few years time these features will get incorporated into pretty much every smart tv and smart tvs are becoming more and more common.  They'll just replace normal TVs soon. Then if you are only in for voice and gesture controls, the Xbone won't be necessary for such features. It'll only be the games and exclusive services the Xbone offers that may entice people, if there are any that are worthwhile.

$1000?????????

You can get a very good specced good reviewed FullHD 1080p TV in the UK 42" for £350.You can add 3d to that with 4 free glasses for £450. 

You US guys get ripped off.

Just  him lol My US HDTV was less much less than a thousand bucks. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Samsung just rendered Microsofts endeavors pointless with the snap of their fingers.

Man the amount of hate lol.

Around the Network
Dr.Grass said:
ironmanDX said:
All this shows me is that Samsung like the way MS is heading with Kinect and are implementing it into their own products also.... You could also say, MS got it right, technology is heading this way.... Of course, such things on this site would be quoted to death and bashed by waves after waves of Sony fans. It's happened to just about every pro MS thread lately. Think I'm kidding, go look for yourselves...

OH BOOO HOOOO.

Grow up. Jesus.

Poor rebuttal, name calling... This site has reacted poorly to the X1...  Look at the thread I was chased out of just for making a very light humored joke about multi-plats...

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=160935&page=2#35

You say I'm the one that needs to grow up? Hmm, a little bit of irony before dinner...

Where is the news? Samsung started copying kinect already in 2012 - and now gamers get aware of it? Anyway, reviewers said it works very badly and it's almost useless the way Samsung implemented it.
But it's definitely a sign that motion-control moves to TVs. Samsung-TVs released this year also have a secondary remote which functions just like the wiimote.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Six years before MS and two years before Nintendo is time  enough in the gaming realm.  Heh...a lot of people have used cameras but Sony used it for casual gaming from the start.

And with quality-games, too!

Mad55 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Samsung just rendered Microsofts endeavors pointless with the snap of their fingers.

Business as usual. No prooving points, just let the hate flow through your fingers. In my opinion such posts should be moderated as they add *nothing* to the topic and especially the choice of words is as it always is: inappropriate.

Mad55 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Its not hate, I am just pointing out the efficient nature of a product that is really taking things forward. TV's connecting to the internet make more sense than a set top box that does. Matters not that it plays games if you're pandering to casuals.