By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Samsung TV with Voice and Gesture Control Rivals Xbox One's Kinect

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Samsung just rendered Microsofts endeavors pointless with the snap of their fingers.

whats more likely is that after the succes of the xbone tv makers will incorporate ms software and kinect into smart tv's

Around the Network

Cool, so Samsung will be bringing more attention to this type of tech and more people will see that the ONE does it better. That's if Samsung's offerings are as shitty as people have been saying here.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

thranx said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Samsung just rendered Microsofts endeavors pointless with the snap of their fingers.

whats more likely is that after the succes of the xbone tv makers will incorporate ms software and kinect into smart tv's

I doubt it. Theres a lot of people who have been riding the digital streaming trend with new LED's and OLED's. They can use Netflix, Hulu and more without having a settop box. This just made an even more convincing argument. That and Sony is a market leader, so they will be quite imposing.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
thranx said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I doubt it. Theres a lot of people who have been riding the digital streaming trend with new LED's and OLED's. They can use Netflix, Hulu and more without having a settop box. This just made an even more convincing argument. That and Sony is a market leader, so they will be quite imposing.

you misunderstood me. I mean samsung using this tech in its tv's instead of its own gesture tech, not a seperate box. MS has paved the way with kinect. They dont need the whole xbone to have some functionality similar too it in tv's. Or when the tech is cheap enough to have it built into tv's. It more depends on if Samsung cares to be a content distributor aswell. If they do they wouldn't want to partner with MS. I dont see MS making their own TV's, just partnering with people.

thranx said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
thranx said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I doubt it. Theres a lot of people who have been riding the digital streaming trend with new LED's and OLED's. They can use Netflix, Hulu and more without having a settop box. This just made an even more convincing argument. That and Samsung is a market leader, so they will be quite imposing.

you misunderstood me. I mean samsung using this tech in its tv's instead of its own gesture tech, not a seperate box. MS has paved the way with kinect. They dont need the whole xbone to have some functionality similar too it in tv's. Or when the tech is cheap enough to have it built into tv's. It more depends on if Samsung cares to be a content distributor aswell. If they do they wouldn't want to partner with MS. I dont see MS making their own TV's, just partnering with people.

MS paved the way with nothing the Eyetoy did it first. Sony and Apple turned down primesense. MS has made convincing settop box but its just an addition.

Around the Network

This will be hugely popular, this whole gestures trend for TVs is the next big thing.

Good for MS to attempt to pierce the market.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
thranx said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
thranx said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I doubt it. Theres a lot of people who have been riding the digital streaming trend with new LED's and OLED's. They can use Netflix, Hulu and more without having a settop box. This just made an even more convincing argument. That and Samsung is a market leader, so they will be quite imposing.

MS paved the way with nothing the Eyetoy did it first. Sony and Apple turned down primesense. MS has made convincing settop box but its just an addition.

Acttually before Sony and Apple Microsoft did similar to Kinect back in the 90's with PC's and Webcams. They wrote software for  Windows 95 that allowed some cool programs.

xwan said:
"But does Samsung TV play game" - asked by the gamer. The answer is NO, you still need a console

"But can I watch TV with the Xbox One" - asked by the casual non-gamer. The answer is NO, you still need a TV.

Actually, the weird thing is they can. They have Gaikai support, so (if Sony maintain the partnership) they will be able to play PS1/2/3 games. Strange isn't it? Same goes for LG TVs.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

Osc89 said:
xwan said:
"But does Samsung TV play game" - asked by the gamer. The answer is NO, you still need a console

"But can I watch TV with the Xbox One" - asked by the casual non-gamer. The answer is NO, you still need a TV.

Actually, the weird thing is they can. They have Gaikai support, so (if Sony maintain the partnership) they will be able to play PS1/2/3 games. Strange isn't it? Same goes for LG TVs.

I Doubt that Sony..A TV maker will give the competition part of their buisness...

As more and more people have smart TVs, the main selling point of the Xbox One will become irrelevant. In fact, even smart TVs themselves don't even need apps. Who wants to use Facebook on the big screen?