By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us: Pre-Order the Digital Edition & Season Pass, DLC Detailed

Carl2291 said:
Ive been ignoring any news and previews of this since the leaks, but what the fuck?

More story?

The Last of Us is a story driven game, where story is very much important. Right? Theyre putting story stuff in DLC? I fucking hate DLC that is important to the story.

Rage.

Perhaps...perhaps they do like Alan Wake. Story DLC which doesn't add nothing to the main story, but explains what happened with certain characters. It is still horrible, anyway.

Around the Network

Well with Allan Wake you got the first DLC for free if you bought the game new and there is only one more DLC after that.  

Let's wait and see, Naughty Dog wouldn't be so stupid to leave out part of the story

This stuff is REALLY getting out of hand. Why do they do DLC announcements before a game is even released?

I don't want to get the feeling that they're just taking parts of the game away to later sell as DLC. Do that stuff after you have your game out.

Carl2291 said:
Ive been ignoring any news and previews of this since the leaks, but what the fuck?

More story?

The Last of Us is a story driven game, where story is very much important. Right? Theyre putting story stuff in DLC? I fucking hate DLC that is important to the story.

Rage.

that's the reason why i say from time to time that  higher game prices would be necessary for developers. development costs are just too high nowadays for a 60 dollar aaa game. that price doesn't work for the next 100 years, it's just impossible. no clue how that shall work next gen if games will be still 60 bucks and sales will be even lower the first time.

if they could sell the same amount of games for 10 dollars more, all the dlc stuff wouldn't be necessary nowadays and maybe developers could make a small profit instead of a loss.

Around the Network

Aaand I'll buy it GOTY confirmed. Story-DLC is a no-go.

Why the F does it include faster healing/reloading ect.? Isn't it supposed to be partly a survival horror game? These perks would make the game easier. Smh

What can I do ? It looks like I have to buy this DLC later.

KingofTrolls said:
What can I do ? It looks like I have to buy this DLC later.

You could buy the inevitable GOTY with all DLC's included for $40 instead of $80 ($60+$20), for example.

Neoarc said:
Wright said:
Why? What's the point of season pass except screwing people who don't purchase it?

I think it's the opposite on what you said, I think it's better to have season pass which will give the person a value of having multi-DLC for a better price than buying a dlc individual.

That value is artificially created by them.  You could make an equal case that consumers, who don't buy the season pass, are being ripped off.