By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us: Pre-Order the Digital Edition & Season Pass, DLC Detailed

Luckily I got the CE for the season pass and the steel case. I'll be selling the comic and art to offset that cost a little.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network
nnodley said:
Wright said:
Heavenly_King said:
Wright said:
Why? What's the point of season pass except screwing people who don't purchase it?

Nope.  Those who purchase it spend less money than those who dont.    In other words those who purchase it get benefits, while those who dont are unaffected.

Those who don't will miss the "more story" thing, which is being screwed. Of course, they can always pay more after the season pass for the DLC itself, which makes them double-screwed.

Let's not be one of those that jumps to conclusion about the "more story" part.  :-p

I don't think they are gonna leave something out just for DLC in a story driven game.  Naughty Dog is not that greedy.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/29/the-last-of-us-season-pass-contains-campaign-and-multiplayer-dlc

=/

Wright said:
nnodley said:
Wright said:
Heavenly_King said:
Wright said:
Why? What's the point of season pass except screwing people who don't purchase it?

Nope.  Those who purchase it spend less money than those who dont.    In other words those who purchase it get benefits, while those who dont are unaffected.

Those who don't will miss the "more story" thing, which is being screwed. Of course, they can always pay more after the season pass for the DLC itself, which makes them double-screwed.

Let's not be one of those that jumps to conclusion about the "more story" part.  :-p

I don't think they are gonna leave something out just for DLC in a story driven game.  Naughty Dog is not that greedy.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/29/the-last-of-us-season-pass-contains-campaign-and-multiplayer-dlc

=/

Doesn't sound good, but I'm confident that the story they have for release will be complete and this will be some random side story about a secondary character. Hopefully.  

nnodley said:
Wright said:
nnodley said:
Wright said:
Heavenly_King said:
Wright said:

=/

Doesn't sound good, but I'm confident that the story they have for release will be complete and this will be some random side story about a secondary character. Hopefully.  

Yes, that's what I said back there. Like the Alan Wake DLC. Doesn't add anything to the main story, but to the characters once the story ended.

Wright said:
nnodley said:
Wright said:
nnodley said:
Wright said:
Heavenly_King said:
Wright said:

=/

Yes, that's what I said back there. Like the Alan Wake DLC. Doesn't add anything to the main story, but to the characters once the story ended.

That was you that said that wasn't it. :-p  I will lose some respect for Naughty Dog though if the story DLC has some necessary info.

Around the Network
nnodley said:
Wright said:
nnodley said:

That was you that said that wasn't it. :-p  I will lose some respect for Naughty Dog though if the story DLC has some necessary info.

Considering how high the stakes are with this game, I doubt it.

Wright said:
nnodley said:
Wright said:
Heavenly_King said:
Wright said:

=/

Again we don't know if the story driven dlc will be pertinent to the actual story, it may take place before or after the game. Bioshock Infinite also has a season pass and from what I can tell the preplanned DLC didn't hurt the game at all.

I really hate stuff like that...

Doesn't get more greedy than that.

Wright said:
nnodley said:
Wright said:
nnodley said:

Considering how high the stakes are with this game, I doubt it.

True that.  Also the creative directors for TLOU are the same people who were the creative directors for Uncharted 2, I think.  And that game was freaking amazing, so I have faith.

Cj2i3 said:
Wright said:
nnodley said:

=/

Again we don't know if the story driven dlc will be pertinent to the actual story, it may take place before or after the game. Bioshock Infinite also has a season pass and from what I can tell the preplanned DLC didn't hurt the game at all.

I don't give a damn. If I pay for a game, give it to me complete, for christ's sake. Before, after. Fuck, who cares. Put that "more story content" as an unlockable like the old days and not by paying. That would make a lot of people happy.