By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us: Pre-Order the Digital Edition & Season Pass, DLC Detailed

KHlover said:
Aaand I'll buy it GOTY confirmed. Story-DLC is a no-go.

Sigh...yeah that's  abig deal for me too.  Disappointed.

Around the Network

"Exclusive to the Season Pass:
Increased Crafting Speed
Increased Healing Speed
9mm Reload Speed Upgrade
Rifle Clip Capacity Upgrade"

Fucking yuck. Part of what's wrong with this entire generation.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

nnodley said:
mtu9356 said:
Why the F does it include faster healing/reloading ect.? Isn't it supposed to be partly a survival horror game? These perks would make the game easier. Smh

Multiplayer.  There is a multiplayer component that has still not been announced and is suppose to be pretty awesome according to devs at the studio. 

That makes a lot more sense.  Still, giving a slight competitive advantage to people who pay for this is a shitty practice and not really an incentive to me.

This is kind of silly. Even more incentive to wait for GOTY/Complete edition. Why do companies do this. They should communicate better with the players. Internet is there for free communication.

ND should've done what Santa Monica did with GoW: A give the season pass to those who pre-ordered the collector's edition for free.

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:
Munkeh111 said:

For most developers you are right, but I think Naughty Dog are a well run studio, the Uncharted games reportedly only cost $20m to make, so they can easily make a profit on that

well, advertisement will also cost some money and that is necessary to sell the amount of games they do and maybe this game did cost more as the uncharted games but no clue.

but you are right, it shouldn't be such a problem for them. but especially third-party developers who have to pay royalties have a much bigger problem with that because they get less money per sold game.

i really don't wonder about all the dlc stuff we see nowadays. i'm sure publishers and developers would also prefer to have everything in the game they sell if they could get more per sold game. would be also less work for them to think about al the dlc stuff.

Right, but the Uncharted games have sold like 5m each. Even without bundling, they are generating at least 3x their development costs

Well people don't buy games because they have 10 maps not 8. If people didn't pay so much money for maps this wouldn't be a problem. I do my best to only buy things which are actually good expansions and add something interesting to the game

I hate this practice, Bioshock Infinite pulled the same bullshit with it's season pass. Very annoying to see developers/publishers continuously do this practice where DLC is already made/in-the-works before the game is even released.

mtu9356 said:
nnodley said:
mtu9356 said:
Why the F does it include faster healing/reloading ect.? Isn't it supposed to be partly a survival horror game? These perks would make the game easier. Smh

Multiplayer.  There is a multiplayer component that has still not been announced and is suppose to be pretty awesome according to devs at the studio. 

That makes a lot more sense.  Still, giving a slight competitive advantage to people who pay for this is a shitty practice and not really an incentive to me.

Yeah, I agree giving those advantages are stupid.  I probably won't play MP all that much since I'm not really a big fan of any MP and I will probably just buy the story DLC seperately.  I'm pretty confident naughty dog will not cut story from the game for DLC since it is a story driven game.

Heavenly_King said:
Wright said:
Why? What's the point of season pass except screwing people who don't purchase it?

Nope.  Those who purchase it spend less money than those who dont.    In other words those who purchase it get benefits, while those who dont are unaffected.

Those who don't will miss the "more story" thing, which is being screwed. Of course, they can always pay more after the season pass for the DLC itself, which makes them double-screwed.

Wright said:
Heavenly_King said:
Wright said:
Why? What's the point of season pass except screwing people who don't purchase it?

Nope.  Those who purchase it spend less money than those who dont.    In other words those who purchase it get benefits, while those who dont are unaffected.

Those who don't will miss the "more story" thing, which is being screwed. Of course, they can always pay more after the season pass for the DLC itself, which makes them double-screwed.

Let's not be one of those that jumps to conclusion about the "more story" part.  :-p

I don't think they are gonna leave something out just for DLC in a story driven game.  Naughty Dog is not that greedy.