By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VC is not overpriced, and this is proof.

sc94597 said:
My problem with vc is that you can't just get just 500 points and the prices are uneven making you waste money on points you can't use until you buy more but you can't only buy 500 more you have to buy 1000 more.

I don't think Nintendo has a problem with that.  Ensures more purchases hehe.  Doesn't really bother me though...I've got like 1500 points just sitting in there...waiting for the perfect purchase.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

I prefer having the real cartridge, especially if I can get it for around the same sum of money as a VC-copy of that game.

Beware, I live!
I am Sinistar!
Beware, coward!
I hunger!
Roaaaaaaaaaar!

At least 62 million Wii sold by the end of 09 or my mario avatar will get sad

VC is okay, but I still prefer playing on the actual system. My Wii 5000 point card came with a free "classic controller", so that was good at least.

The prices do seem a bit skewed on some stuff. For example, Super Mario World $13.18 $8. $13 for SMW? WTH? Aren't there millions of used copies out there for much less than that? I still have my copy(the free pack-in that came w/the SNES) sitting around at my parents house somewhere.

Plus there are a lot of games that aren't available on VC. I picked up a used Super Famicom w/several games including DQ 1/2, 3, 5, 6 for like $30-$35. I also picked up FFIV and FFVI for about $2 each complete w/box and manuals. 

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

DSLover said:
Cheap compared to buying them elsewhere, still too expensive when you can get them for free and nothing can be done to stop it.

Yeah, exactly! And, you know, why pay for food, too? I mean, I can just steal it and nobody can stop me. In fact, why pay for anything when you can just take it for free? 

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

VC is overpriced for me, i can go a flea market in mexico and get original used games for 5 buxx or less..

Around the Network
Magnific0 said:

LordTheNightKnight said:

Genuine copies of a game will only increase in value as time draws incessantly on, but on the Virtual Console? Your games will die the same day your Wii does.

Now wait a minute. Are you telling me you can only download a VC game ONCE per purchase?

Why is my username there? That's not in anything I posted. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I can't believe noone cares more about the added value of owning the actual hard copy. Its resell value will be many times that you get for your VC games(if you get anything at all) and the valeu of having the original game in your collection should mean alot to collectors, too.

VC will save you money for many games, but there are quite a few exceptions to this rule. For example, F-Zero X on VC is 10 dollars. On ebay, you can get it for two to three dollars, in addition to shipping, which costs no more than five. On the other hand, Fatal Fury goes for around 30 dollars on ebay, but it only costs nine on the VC.
I personally prefer to get the cartridge whenever I can, it's nice to actually be able to have it in your hands.

I'm not a collector, and I buy games to play them, not to sell them.

i never expected them to be overpriced ,but it seems they should drop the price of nes games by 1 dollar

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"