By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VC is not overpriced, and this is proof.

Don't forget, games like Super Metroid and Link to the Past had a battery inside of the cartridge. My Zelda data was erased long before I sold my copy. If you want to SAVE your data, the VC may be the only viable option.

Around the Network

30.000 Stars.
Wow, that are 120 Nintendo Games.
I have 60 Wii Games, but only 6.000 Starpoints = 1500 Wii Points

My problem with vc is that you can't just get just 500 points and the prices are uneven making you waste money on points you can't use until you buy more but you can't only buy 500 more you have to buy 1000 more.

Magnific0 said:

LordTheNightKnight said:

Genuine copies of a game will only increase in value as time draws incessantly on, but on the Virtual Console? Your games will die the same day your Wii does.

Now wait a minute. Are you telling me you can only download a VC game ONCE per purchase?

No. Once you pay for the game, you can download it all you want.  You could delete the game if your tight on space on your Wii, and download it for free later.  Your account remembers that you paid for it.  The only Wii it will work on is the original one you downloaded it too.  But, if your Wii breaks, then Nintendo will take care of it, that you can still get them on your new one.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Around the Network

I think the only people that find VC expensive, are those that play free pirated copies.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

^^^Thats correct, I have tons of roms, and I prefer to play in my Virtual console. But for a lot of people Free is better than cheap

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

Steve 3.2 said:
Average selling price may not be a good representation of actual prices paid. Huh, you say? Well one or two auctions/sellers could really throw off what a game may truly be worth, especially on eBay where unopened and 'mint' copies sometimes command a premium. So let's say five copies of SMB sold on eBay for $1, $2, $3, $4, and $20. The average price is $6. All but one sold for less than that, however. The median price was $3 which may be a better number for these purposes.

your right the numbers are all screwy, the neo geo games are ludicrously low, there is no way you could find a cartridge of Top Hunter for the neo geo for $17, yet many games for the other systems are much higher than they are actually worth

the statistical analysis of the numbers must have been non existant, I don't eventhink they just took straight averages of all sales

actually I think the author is probably a turbo grafx 16 fan boy, as the turbo grafx numbers are skewed awfully high

bloody wolf is list at 35.80

here's the ebay average currently shown is 13.54, and that includes shipping and a 26 dollars unsold outlier

almost all of the turbo grafx 16 games are skewed like that

frankly the list is complete bunk, It looks like the data was cherry picked by the author

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CDiablo said:
TopCat8 said:
For some reason, I don't want to buy my games from the VC. There are only two games on there that I want, but I'd rather find the originals even if they are more expensive. I just want something tangible to play.

For me it just feels right playng with the original controller. I wanna buy Super Metroid but would rather get it for my SNES.

I got Super Metroid from the VC (the only thing I've gotten) and it controls fine with the GC pad. It even sorts out the problem of not being able to use dash, shoot, and jump at the same time which was the only kink on the snes pad when playing Super Metroid, by simply mapping dash onto Z button on the GC pad and A button as shoot, with B button as jump great!

Wii code: 6355-7594-5867-2364 Wii name: Mo Smash Bros Brawl: 5198-6095-4615 Cue Sports Revolution: 5327-4649-0447 Mario Kart Wii: 3308-8543-5834

SIG A.W.O.L

Yes. VC is overpriced. It doesn't seem that way compared to buying the games themselves, but when you consider the cost it takes to produce them, They're making an incredible amount of profit off of us foolish gamers.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.