By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VC is not overpriced, and this is proof.

I'd rather have just my little, inconspicuous Wii, than an NES, SNES, N64, Genesis, TG-CD, NeoGeo, and Master System all sitting on my shelf. Not to mention the problem of storing all of those bloody cartridges.

I'll gladly take the sheer convenience of the VC any day over all of that.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network
Garcian Smith said:
I'd rather have just my little, inconspicuous Wii, than an NES, SNES, N64, Genesis, TG-CD, NeoGeo, and Master System all sitting on my shelf. Not to mention the problem of storing all of those bloody cartridges.

This I don't get. I have 14 consoles hooked up right now, and I get a big smile on my face every time I look at the mess.

d21lewis said:
Don't forget, games like Super Metroid and Link to the Past had a battery inside of the cartridge. My Zelda data was erased long before I sold my copy. If you want to SAVE your data, the VC may be the only viable option.

I had this problem with Pirates! and Zelda on my NES.

Solution: Never turn off the NES until your game is over. XD

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Stillwell said:
Garcian Smith said:

This I don't get. I have 14 consoles hooked up right now, and I get a big smile on my face every time I look at the mess.

Most people don't like messes. ;) 

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

well, not only is VC a little cheaper, its much more convenient. Many ppl have lost/sold their older consoles so ebay wouldn't apply to that

Around the Network
wiiforever said:
well, not only is VC a little cheaper, its much more convenient. Many ppl have lost/sold their older consoles so ebay wouldn't apply to that

It's impossible to emulate the feeling of pressing down the cartridge, getting a blinking screen, take out the cartrige, blow and repeat. :D

Beware, I live!
I am Sinistar!
Beware, coward!
I hunger!
Roaaaaaaaaaar!

At least 62 million Wii sold by the end of 09 or my mario avatar will get sad
Copycon said:
wiiforever said:

It's impossible to emulate the feeling of pressing down the cartridge, getting a blinking screen, take out the cartrige, blow and repeat. :D

With DS connectivity, you can get close. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Oh, I know what's overpriced on VC, all the Genesis games at 800 points. On the Wii in Japan all the Genesis(Mega Drive) games are only 600 points (stares at my JP Wii) :)

Personally, I like having the cartridges and seeing things like this:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b258/smbu2000/misc/DVC00138.jpg

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

The trouble with collecting physical media is that it eventually wears out. Some of these games have survived an amazing length of time, but do you really think your original Zelda is going to still be around 50 years from now? I doubt it.

On the other hand, if Nintendo does not let you migrate your VC games to the next gen, I think we will all be a little bit disappointed. Unfortunately, that seems to be what most media companies are doing right now. If they do, VC games will still be playing 60 years from now on my grandkids' Nintendo future XXIV.

smbu2000 said:

Oh, I know what's overpriced on VC, all the Genesis games at 800 points. On the Wii in Japan all the Genesis(Mega Drive) games are only 600 points (stares at my JP Wii) :)

Personally, I like having the cartridges and seeing things like this:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b258/smbu2000/misc/DVC00138.jpg

is that becasue of 3rd party fees?