By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What if Wii actually ends up in 3rd place?

Mad55 said:
I can't see anyone caring 4 years from now.

People still care about PS2vsDS so obviously in 10 years we'll look back at this gen, saying PS3 is the nr1 console.

Around the Network

You guys just keep wanting this to happen don't you? Its kinda funny to see.

On topic, it is possible, but the likelyhood is slim IMO.

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

Irrelevant question, won't happen.

Turkish said:
Mad55 said:

People still care about PS2vsDS so obviously in 10 years we'll look back at this gen, saying PS3 is the nr1 console.

PS2 vs. DS is special because its the question who sold more than any other console released which would be the Playstation 2 at this point.

in 10 years nobody wants to discuss which console were better ion the 7th gen. Do you see people discussing gen 5 hardware sales nowadays?

AnthonyW86 said:
Nintendo will still have made more money on the Wii than Sony and Microsoft on the PS3 and X360 combined.

um the Wii did more then what PS3/PS2/PS1/XBOX360/XBOX combined

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

Wii will always be considering the most successful console of this generation no matter what PS3/360 do I think.

Taking 12 years or something to outsell the Wii is just kinda gravy. It would be like if Nintendo supported the N64 for 12-15 years and sold them for $40 a pop just to eventually overtake PS1 sales ... no one would care.

I'm no big fan of the direction Nintendo took with the Wii, but you really honestly have to be one salty mofo to deny its success.

It's most likely the most profitable game console ever made and we likely will never see a game platform sell as fast as it did ever again.

The $5+ billion in profit Nintendo was pulling in at the height of the Wii era in one year is more than Sony + Microsoft have made in profit from gaming combined since Sony entered the game business in 1994.

I think the PS3 has a chance to get the throne back. Hopefully it will manage to do so, because it speak great things to investors and publishers.

Carl2291 said:

It wont mean much, outside of forum bragging rights.

By the time it happens very, very few will care. Will be a nice milestone though I guess.

Edit - And the successor to Wii U will also likely be about to launch. Showing just how much it wont mean anything to Nintendo

Oh, but those few will make tons of threads, and internet will be a dangerous place to be. Dark times will fall upon us in case PS3 sells more than Wii.

hivycox said:
Turkish said:
Mad55 said:

PS2 vs. DS is special because its the question who sold more than any other console released which would be the Playstation 2 at this point.

in 10 years nobody wants to discuss which console were better ion the 7th gen. Do you see people discussing gen 5 hardware sales nowadays?

Well, whoever finishes this gen 1st will likely be the 2nd most successful homeconsole of all time after ps2.

Naum said:
AnthonyW86 said:
Nintendo will still have made more money on the Wii than Sony and Microsoft on the PS3 and X360 combined.

um the Wii did more then what PS3/PS2/PS1/XBOX360/XBOX combined

I know but i was just trying to make a point that at this point in the generation it doesn't really matter anymore.