By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo is the only one who has balls

KungKras said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
KungKras said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
KungKras said:

Nintendo has already made a ZombiU bundle.......  -_-

OP already corrected me on that. It is funny, I was going to propose this, Nintendo bundling mature games, in order to change their image with gamers but it seems that doesn't work either.

Nintendo's image with the "hardcore" gamers will always be molded by game industry propaganda.

So the game industry is puposely biased against Nintendo. Why? What do they get with this?

The history of Trip Hawkins ans EA Games is a great example. During Nintendo's (and console gaming's) golden age, douchebags like Trip Hawkins couldn't handle the degree of power that Nintendo had in the console market. The people that flooded the Atari with crap and believed that home computers were the future of gaming were all pissed. And that has lived on.

Also, Sony and MS are more reliant on third party games companies than Nintendo, so the environment in which Nintendo loses and the others win is strategically important to the non-hardware making companies of the game industry, because then they have greater power over the hardware makers. The Xbox One is the culmination of this.

There is a reason you rarely hear most random forum users to call for Nintendo to expand their own development capacity or to buy more studios. No matter what the discussion is, it's always "third parties are the end all be all", not "games are eveything" for some reason, it has to be third party games. And that is exactly what publishers want both the gamers, and the hardware makers to believe.

Could you please provide links that confirm the following information:

- Trip doing whatever he did in response to the "power" of Nintendo.

You bring the EA example, what else can you mention that could make the industry biased against Nintendo? EA is not the whole industry. Please, things that show that they are purposely biased, not just expresing their feelings on Nintendo.

Sony is reliant in third parties for what in specific? They have many exclusives and they sell very well, not comparable to the ones from Nintendo for the Wii but that is an exception Nintendo themselves will have difficulty to repeat. Even Micro seems to be stepping up their game, we will see. Third parties are an advantage, everyone wants them including Nintendo.

I didn't get the last paragraph, the things in quotes. I recall reading comments about people wanting Nintendo to expand development in order to provide more games due to the drought in games currently in the WIiU.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

Success of Sony and Microsoft depends in its entirety on western 3rd party support, so they can easily extort them, their success was created by appealing to instinct of mob, Mature, Guns, Blood, War, organized Sport (even as deranged as Wrestling) they succeeded over Nintendo with instinct of mob.

The games are no longer created for fun but as part of political agenda, this is exactly theme that Sega of America with the help of western 3rd parties created, Sony expanded and now with Microsoft perfected, contrary to Microsoft they are somewhat ashamed, but don't be fooled, the western 3rd parties can extort them, and contrary to Nintendo their success in its entirety depend on their goodwill.

The western 3rd parties are cancer of video gaming.

i reckon you havent seen the playstation move

bananaking21 said:

Yeah, I agree. Releasing a controller with almost no support at all and expecting it to do well is a ballsy move (heh). Not that the WiiMotion+ was any different, it is just that Sony lost the gamble :P ....making me think:

You know who really had balls? THQ. Expecting to be able to sell millions of drawing tablets aimed at kids to the Sony hardcore crowd...BALLS.OF...

fail...

KHlover said:
bananaking21 said:

Yeah, I agree. Releasing a controller with almost no support at all and expecting it to do well is a ballsy move (heh). Not that the WiiMotion+ was any different, it is just that Sony lost the gamble :P ....making me think:

You know who really had balls? THQ. Expecting to be able to sell millions of drawing tablets aimed at kids to the Sony hardcore crowd...BALLS.OF...

fail...

it was a joke....... what is the top of the PS move ? a glowing ball.....

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
KHlover said:
bananaking21 said:

fail...

it was a joke....... what is the top of the PS move ? a glowing ball.....

And you think my answer was completely serious? Note to self: Use more emoticons

pokoko said:
hivycox said:

people should learn not to support these stupid decisions made by greedy companies and not to buy them in order to let them know that they can't bullshit us!

Then you won't be buying anything.  Anyone who believes that Nintendo or Sony isn't as greedy as Microsoft is fooling themselves completely.

Honestly, I have no idea why some people look at Nintendo with rose-tinted glasses in this regard.  Nintendo is the company that once lost third party support because of greed.  They're the company that tried to rule the gaming industry with an iron fist and got shot down to Earth for it.  This is the company that had the arrogance to attempt to sell the 3DS at a massive, unprecedented profit, simply because they thought people would fall for it.

If Nintendo isn't supporting DRM, then it's a business and/or technical decision, not because they only care about making people happy.  

Not only this, but I'd actually consider DRM as the ballsy approach here.

4 ≈ One

AbbathTheGrim said:

That Nintendo has some special balls. Even if you think they have balls for this you posted, they would only have balls for certain things which makes the whole point just a particular discussion. For example, does Nintendo has the balls to go into this holiday and bundle WiiU with a Mature title like ZombieU? Like both Micro and Sony have done in previous years with their bundles?

Although I tend to agree with your post about the assumptions of the OP, I loled at this bit. Has Nintendo the balls to bundle the WiiU with a mature title like ZombiU, like MS and Sony did ... and like Nintendo did last holiday with the ZombiU-bundle?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

It's funny because after the Xbone reveal....there have been a lot more positive comments about the Wii U, and online retailers report Wii U sales jumping by over 800% in some cases.

I hope that's the case, Nintendo deserves love.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

sales2099 said:
Nintendo has balls all right, but it just cost them major 3rd party support.

/Thread.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!