By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo E3/ND 2013 Thread: That's A Wrap! The Wait Begins for E3 2014!

gamrConnect, What Game is Your Game of the Show?

Bayonetta 2 (Wii U) 15 14.42%

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U) 4 3.85%

The Legend of Zelda: A Li... 1 0.96%

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD (Wii U) 2 1.92%

Mario Kart 8 (Wii U) 24 23.08%

Pokemon X/Y (3DS) 4 3.85%

Super Mario 3D World (Wii U) 5 4.81%

Super Smash Bros. (3DS/Wii U) 16 15.38%

X (Wii U) 25 24.04%

Other 2 1.92%

Total:98

It starts today? Oh man, it`s going to be crowded there!

Around the Network
Smeags said:

So guys, what did you think of the Nintendo Direct?

A Masterpiece! :D 35 10.36%

Incredible 33 9.76%

Great 60 17.75%

Good 76 22.49%

Above Average 25 7.40%

Average 36 10.65%

Below Average 23 6.80%

Bad 25 7.40%

Terrible 14 4.14%

An Abomination! :( 11 3.25%

Total: 338  

I really feel Nintendo's E3 would have been perceived Miles better had they given us no information back in Jan/Feb and earlier in May/June (Sonic reveal), had those things simply been held to E3, people would have fallen over in shock at everything, but because they dripped information out a little at a time, the E3 direct was less than all the information combined.

jlrx said:

I really feel Nintendo's E3 would have been perceived Miles better had they given us no information back in Jan/Feb and earlier in May/June (Sonic reveal), had those things simply been held to E3, people would have fallen over in shock at everything, but because they dripped information out a little at a time, the E3 direct was less than all the information combined.

I also believe that really was the drawback about those earlier directs, basicly deflating the E3 Direct to the point that everybody knew what was coming. What really suprised me is how the first trailer of The Lost World come about and in the hands of IGN no less, I was dumbfounded when I noticed the day that it surfaced on the web, you could only view it from them! O.o

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

The final day of E3 is upon us. It's been fun, but all things must end. *sniffle*

Also, here's a video on the Nintendo Booth:

Like Spurge said, E3 is still going trough to the weekend, so we still have an extend pass to still be on the Iwata's Moonstation! :D

Around the Network

Well guys, E3 2013 is over.

It was quite the adventure, and through all the crazy shenanigans, we're one step closer to fantastic new games. I for one can't wait to get my hands on these amazing titles.

So, until next time (and ConeGamer will be taking over hosting duties!), I leave you with this!

(In-N-Out! ;___;)

(Team Coco)

(Retro Studios)
A final thought...
As I sat there watching all of the conferences, live feeds, media reports, and the overall chaos that is E3... I found myself more and more out of the loop that is "mainstream gaming". This new era where guns are (always) blazing, graphics are pushed more in more into the realm of reality, and development is more dependant on narrative and character development than ever... we'll I just can't say that I'm fully on board. If that's what you're after in the gaming world, then you're sure to be pleased with this direction we're on currently.
But despite all that, and seeing these pictures... It's nice to see that some things don't change. Despite their struggles and pressures in the industry, Nintendo (and I mean the people who make the company what it is) stays true to who they are. They're about finding new ways to engage the player. And their style of engagement is having good ol' fun. That's what I saw from them this year at E3, and I couldn't be more ecstatic to be a part of that loop.
Until next time guys. Happy gaming!
-Smeags

Cripes the Cap'n is bailing out on us!!! XD

Miyamoto chose...wisely...

Why doesn't anyone outside the West Coast have access to In 'N Out yet?

http://youtu.be/nfDJVGv-p6s

embedding does not work for me...

TripleMMM said:

http://youtu.be/nfDJVGv-p6s

embedding does not work for me...

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.