By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo E3/ND 2013 Thread: That's A Wrap! The Wait Begins for E3 2014!

gamrConnect, What Game is Your Game of the Show?

Bayonetta 2 (Wii U) 15 14.42%

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U) 4 3.85%

The Legend of Zelda: A Li... 1 0.96%

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD (Wii U) 2 1.92%

Mario Kart 8 (Wii U) 24 23.08%

Pokemon X/Y (3DS) 4 3.85%

Super Mario 3D World (Wii U) 5 4.81%

Super Smash Bros. (3DS/Wii U) 16 15.38%

X (Wii U) 25 24.04%

Other 2 1.92%

Total:98
JEMC said:
TripleMMM said:

http://youtu.be/nfDJVGv-p6s

embedding does not work for me...

(Nintendo's 2013 E3 Wrap Video)

Much appreciated, chap! ;)

I must say, everybody over there are pretty darn satisfied with they showed and played! One thing I regret is that I read the comment section, some people really are crude... -_-'

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!
Around the Network
TripleMMM said:
JEMC said:
TripleMMM said:

http://youtu.be/nfDJVGv-p6s

embedding does not work for me...

(Nintendo's 2013 E3 Wrap Video)

Much appreciated, chap! ;)

I must say, everybody over there are pretty darn satisfied with they showed and played! One thing I regret is that I read the comment section, some people really are crude... -_-'

It's the disadvantage of the internet anonymity, people say sh!t because they don't have to face any responsability. Our mods know this.

But the comments vary so much from time to time that now they are mostly positive.

@Smeags: "his new era where guns are (always) blazing, graphics are pushed more in more into the realm of reality, and development is more dependant on narrative and character development than ever... we'll I just can't say that I'm fully on board."

I agree. Some devs seem fo forget a basic pillars of this industry: FUN. They seem too focused on the "experience" that they could use the motto of the Olympics ("faster, higher, stronger",aprox.), ending in games that sometimes end being boring.

Thats not to say that we can't enjoy those games (I loved Alan Wake), but a fun game will always have a plus that the other games can't match.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:

@Smeags: "his new era where guns are (always) blazing, graphics are pushed more in more into the realm of reality, and development is more dependant on narrative and character development than ever... we'll I just can't say that I'm fully on board."

I agree. Some devs seem fo forget a basic pillars of this industry: FUN. They seem too focused on the "experience" that they could use the motto of the Olympics ("faster, higher, stronger",aprox.), ending in games that sometimes end being boring.

Thats not to say that we can't enjoy those games (I loved Alan Wake), but a fun game will always have a plus that the other games can't match.

I think I got best pic for this comment:

[Nigga, are you seious?]

TripleMMM said:
JEMC said:

I think I got best pic for this comment:

**pic**

[Nigga, are you seious?]

Completely.

Take a look at what happened to GTA IV. It was an excellent game that got 10's everywhere... and yet, most who played it found it boring and didn't like it. And then look at Saints Row, technically worse but miles ahead of GTA when it comes to fun. Most of the people who played it liked it despite its flaws because it was so fun that the flaws didn't matter.

That's one of the problems of this industry. A lot of games try to be rewarding, entertaining, story-tellers... but few take into consideration being fun. And that's what makes most of those games a "1 playthrough only" kind of game, while with the fun ones you keep going back to them every now or then to have some fun.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:

Completely.

Take a look at what happened to GTA IV. It was an excellent game that got 10's everywhere... and yet, most who played it found it boring and didn't like it. And then look at Saints Row, technically worse but miles ahead of GTA when it comes to fun. Most of the people who played it liked it despite its flaws because it was so fun that the flaws didn't matter.

That's one of the problems of this industry. A lot of games try to be rewarding, entertaining, story-tellers... but few take into consideration being fun. And that's what makes most of those games a "1 playthrough only" kind of game, while with the fun ones you keep going back to them every now or then to have some fun.

O God, I can't believe I made a typo there... :/

And yes, I always saw concoles/handhelds as toys and it was always about the games.., ever since I saw "gamers" talking about specs and not the games themselves, I knew things were going for the worst. And for the most part I see some of us realize that after the XBone reveal. Just now I saw Shokio's vid about gamers apologizing Nintendo in mass after that fiasco. lol How did I miss that at the time! X'D

Around the Network

Awesome pics, and beautiful words by Smeags. Really really nice :)

O.o too much happened, I'll watch everything and have give my thoughts.

Oh and I did visit the Nintendo World Shop, it was not as busy as I was expecting, but still there were too many people in line, so I didn't played the demos, they looked nice tho. Lol my GF almost buy a WiiU, she was more hyped than me :) I'm starting to see the WiiU closer and closer, perhaps this holidays will be the time for me.