By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Everyone else disappointed by the xbox one reveal?

joeorc said:
Aielyn said:
I'm not disappointed with the reveal, but the reason for that comes down to one word, originating from German (I believe) and adopted into English. That word?

Schadenfreude

I don't know why, but I'm actually finding it all quite entertaining.

Rose from 2 and a half men, is that you/lmao...lol

She used that in a eps. while talking to charlie...hahaha funny scene..

HAHA

I've seen that episode, but it's not how I learned the word. I've heard it referenced in a number of shows, including Boston Legal, The West Wing, and a few others.

Around the Network

I was disappointed with the conference but the news that came out afterwards was just horrible. welcome to hell.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

RolStoppable said:
DanneSandin said:
Yes, I'm pretty disappointed. Too much TV and not enough games. And the box looks fugly.

This reminds me of your special source who apparently said something along the lines of Microsoft was panicking after the PS4 event, because they knew they had messed up. This was proven wrong with this event, because it's clear that Microsoft wasn't aware of any of their wrongdoings.

LOL! Yeah, you kinda have a point here! My source said people would be wondering what MS had been smoking when they made their reveal. He also said they'd be very TV-centric (I think). Anyways, he said they wouldn't focus on the games, and he was right about that. Although, I thought he (my source) was talking about e3....

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

very disappointed!

See guys.. THIS is why I'm a Nintendo fan. THIS is what happens when you blindly support mega corporations in gaming. They turn it into a watered down, money hatting scam. It is the corporate way.. Honestly, I will never get why "hardcore" gamers throw their support for souless corporations that sell them down the river like MS, while ignoring the only true game company left in Nintendo.

I mean honestly, this (semi) always online integration thing.. Just a way for MS to push its online fees and advertisements. But that's not even the worst of it.

FEES for USED games?? So you must now pay the initial cost of your used game, AND pay a fee. And say goodbye to renting, borrowing games from friends, etc. If this isn't the ultimate proof of how games have declined in quality.. Think about it. Why would companies discourage their games to be purchased used? Because they are unable to sell them at full price, meaning they're not GOOD enough to sell at full price.

The focus on the TV features and Kinect over the actual games.. Ugh. MS is pushing this machine not as a gaming console, but as an ENTERTAINMENT device that happens to play games.

Looks like I will finally be jumping ship to the Sony camp for my second console this time, after the Wii U of course.

Around the Network

I seriously can't believe they're forcing people to be online once a day to play a single player game. Has that been really confirmed or have I misunderstood something? If this happens to be true, it's gonna suck for a lot of people :(

Metallicube said:

See guys.. THIS is why I'm a Nintendo fan. THIS is what happens when you blindly support mega corporations in gaming. They turn it into a watered down, money hatting scam. It is the corporate way.. Honestly, I will never get why "hardcore" gamers throw their support for souless corporations that sell them down the river like MS, while ignoring the only true game company left in Nintendo.

I mean honestly, this (semi) always online integration thing.. Just a way for MS to push its online fees and advertisements. But that's not even the worst of it.

FEES for USED games?? So you must now pay the initial cost of your used game, AND pay a fee. And say goodbye to renting, borrowing games from friends, etc. If this isn't the ultimate proof of how games have declined in quality.. Think about it. Why would companies discourage their games to be purchased used? Because they are unable to sell them at full price, meaning they're not GOOD enough to sell at full price.

The focus on the TV features and Kinect over the actual games.. Ugh. MS is pushing this machine not as a gaming console, but as an ENTERTAINMENT device that happens to play games.

Looks like I will finally be jumping ship to the Sony camp for my second console this time, after the Wii U of course.

Uhh.. you buy a console when it has games that you like. 

Yeah...

Yay!!!

Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:

Yeah...

unless you know they wanna gang rape your bank account.

Dissapointed? I couldn't have wished for more from them.

This is the logical conclusion of Sony and it's ilk entering the gaming market. I hope Xbox One will wake people up to that.

I LOVE ICELAND!

snyps said:
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:

Yeah...

unless you know they wanna gang rape your bank account.

You mean a corporation wants to empty my pocket? How surprising.

Go on... 

Yay!!!