By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm getting the feeling some people don't like all the Fox clones in Brawl

Good stuff. We need more Landmaster photoshops.

Around the Network

Well, of course 'totally new' characters are better, but clones do add some depth if they have other characteristics (for example, dunno about Brawl but in Melee Falco was slower, heavier, stronger and jumped higher than Fox). This way you can essentially play the same character in multiple ways and find out which one you like best.

I drink your milkshake.

Either way Dedede > them all.

I'm looking for a Fox vs Wolf vs Falco video at the moment.

I never see anyone complain about Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Dan in any of the streetfighters.

No character with completely unique A moves and barely related B moves can be called a clone. A moves are most of what people use anyway...

Around the Network

I'm tired of whining about this now, but yeah, Wolf being anything close to Fox / Falco was disappointing. That's why a lot of people were hoping for Krystal, since she'd require a totally different moveset.

Ganandorf still being a clone was also truly disappointing. All the rest are fine though. In fact a couple more would've been good too.

Love the hand drawn pics.

I love this one..LOL 

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

Hmm, I looked at the video and you can tell a big difference in Wolf, like up B is instant, doesn't look like Fox's move, and seems to go a little further, haven't seen it hit yet so that might be different too. Blaster seems to take more time to use. Down B is similar but also different with a different range and all red. And the illusion thing is cloned, but it's just like Luigi being a clone of Mario or Roy being one of Marth, only Wolf is more original.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

those are funny and i dont mind the clones

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I don't really. SSB has always been about being simple and fun.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.