By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm getting the feeling some people don't like all the Fox clones in Brawl

People still don't understand clones. >_

Around the Network

nice pics, very funny. though clones are better than nothing.

Epic thread, keep it going! I might make a few myself later tonight hehe.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

naznatips said:
People still don't understand clones. >_< I may make a full topic about this to explain it and break it down.

Nazna, they clones period. Like Ness is know , and like Ganondorf is, well at least ganondorf has a nice final smash.

They have basically same movements with slighty modifications, same FS... CLONES. 

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

elgefe02 said:
naznatips said:
People still don't understand clones. >_< I may make a full topic about this to explain it and break it down.

Nazna, they clones period. Like Ness is know , and like Ganondorf is, well at least ganondorf has a nice final smash.

They have basically same movements with slighty modifications, same FS... CLONES.

Is Luigi a clone of Mario?  Is Lucario a clone of Mewtwo?  If you answered no to either of these questions, then Wolf is not a clone of Fox. 

Around the Network

Luigi has different set of moves than Mario, I will consider him a semi-clone. Since they share some moves, but they have different FS.

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

elgefe02 said:
Luigi has different set of moves than Mario, I will consider him a semi-clone. Since they share some moves, but they have different FS.

Wolf's A moves are completely different. His smash attacks are all completely different. Only one of his B moves is the same (the dash). His Final Smash is the same, but he is not a clone at all. If you want to call him a partial clone, fine.

What Naz said.

Clearly, you guys have not been watching the Wolf gameplay videos.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

And even then, Wolf's status as a semi-clone is actually quite justified - in the same way Mario/Luigi and Ness/Lucas is. Lucario is a clone... Of what?! Mewtwo isn't in the game, and if you fault Sakurai for including his legacy... Then you're weird.

Helios said:
And even then, Wolf's status as a semi-clone is actually quite justified - in the same way Mario/Luigi and Ness/Lucas is. Lucario is a clone... Of what?! Mewtwo isn't in the game, and if you fault Sakurai for including his legacy... Then you're weird.

Oh no, I completely agree.  Lucario having a couple tributes to Mewtwo is in no way a bad thing.  I also completely agree that it's justified for him to be a partial clone.  If you guys want the quick breakdown:

Lucas:  Same Bs (slight variations on them), different As.  Same FS.

Falco: Same Bs except shield, a couple different As.  Same FS.

Wolf: Only dash works the same way, and they even added an angle of ascent for it.   All As and smashes are completely different.  Same FS.

Toon Link:  Bs have different effects except Bomb. Same As.  Same FS.  

Ganondorf: All Bs are the same.  Some As are different, or chain differently.  Different FS.

Luigi: Shares 2 B moves.  Similar in a couple A moves, but mostly unique.  Different FS.

Out of all the "clone" characters, the most different of them all is Wolf.  He plays nothing like Fox, moves nothing like Fox, and has moves that have completely different effects from Fox.  Ganondorf and Toon Link are the most clone-ish characters, and even they aren't as much clones as they were in Melee.