By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft's sitting mighty fine

Tagged games:

hunter_alien said:
IsawYoshi said:
HikenNoAce said:
How did Ubisoft step up and support Nintendo?

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/05/18/ubisoft-were-confident-nintendo-will-take-steps-to-ensure-the-wii-u-is-successful/

I'm talking about them supporting the Wii U.

Is this like the support they gave to the PSP? Crappy, outsourced titles like Assassins Creed, Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon? Talk is talk, but untill I see some trully quality games for the WiiU from them, its like giving nothing. If they would have been that conmfident in the system, Rayman would be out already.

I should have been more specific. While EA are talking trash about the system, Ubi is doing the opposite. And that is something that catches well on with Nintendo fans. We'll have to see how well the support actually will be.  

Around the Network
pokoko said:
It wasn't that long ago that some Nintendo fans were talking about boycotting the next Rayman game. I guess the EA situation calmed that kind of sentiment down pretty swiftly.

I'm not going to buy Rayman, but I were going to. I was going to buy it cause there were no other titles to play at the time. At the timeframe it will release now, I will have other stuff to play, like Splinter Cell Blacklist and the wind waker. It's a sad truth, but Ubi lost a lot of Wii U sales on that one.  

IsawYoshi said:
pokoko said:
It wasn't that long ago that some Nintendo fans were talking about boycotting the next Rayman game. I guess the EA situation calmed that kind of sentiment down pretty swiftly.

I'm not going to buy Rayman, but I were going to. I was going to buy it cause there were no other titles to play at the time. At the timeframe it will release now, I will have other stuff to play, like Splinter Cell Blacklist and the wind waker. It's a sad truth, but Ubi lost a lot of Wii U sales on that one.  

I understand what you're saying, and I have no problem with someone not buying Rayman because of actual reasons, as opposed to that silly boycott thing, but I doubt Ubisoft missed out on many sales, relatively speaking.  As opposed to how much they would have had to spend on TWO marketing campaigns and separate shipping arrangements, my guess is that the Wii U version of Rayman would have generated a small profit.  By combining the launch of all the platforms, even if they missed some Wii U sales, they will probably come out ahead of what they would have seen with separate release dates.

There is also the rumor that Ubisoft wasn't happen with Nintendo in some way connected to the Rayman situation.  I'd bet that Ubisoft asked Nintendo to cover some of the costs of having an exclusive launch and got turned down.  If that's the case, then Nintendo fans should turn at least part of their anger toward Nintendo.

HikenNoAce said:
How did Ubisoft step up and support Nintendo?

By delaying Rayman Legends.

I think that the support Ubisoft has been giving the Wii U is a very good thing. Although I am not interested in a lot of their titles, I'm glad that others can enjoy them.
At the moment there is one title which I will be buying from them and that is Watch Dogs, which I'm quite pumped for.
I am more shocked about the support that Warner Bros has been giving. I don't see many people mentioning them and they deserve some kudos too. I'll probably buy Arkham Origins and Scribblenauts DC from them, maybe even some announced goodie.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Around the Network

I think that Ubisoft (and Warner) are more pragmatic than EA. The question is actually very simple: Do we make money from our WiiU games?

If the answer is YES, then the logical thing to do is continue making games for it until the situation changes, if it changes.

If the answer is NO, then they have to ask themselves: Can this situation change in the future? Is it ok if we risk our relationship with them by not launching our games on the console?

Apparently Warner makes money, otherwise they wouldn't make Scribblenauts, so they will keep releasing games until the situation changes.

Ubisoft either makes money or isn't ready to lose Nintendo as one of their targets, so they have decided to keep launching games. And given that they have announced that both Watch Dogs and Splinter Cell, games that no one said would appear on WiiU, will in fact be launched on the console then we can assume that it's not only that they don't want to lose Nintendo but also that they expect to win money.

And then there is EA, which doesn't make money and doesn't care about losing Nintendo paltforms. We can like it or not, but if they don't make money from their WiiU games then it's not a bad idea to stop supporting the console. But while that is acceptable and understable, talking trash about the console for no rason isn't.

What one has to think about is, why are Ubi, Warner and other making money from their games on Nintendo consoles while EA doesn't?

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

I'm buy Rayman, AC4 and Watch_Dogs new and day one. Well, maybe I'll wait until early 2014 for AC4, but the others are a definite.

so delaying and making multiplat Rayman is forgiven now?

I will be buying Rayman just like I was before and Watch Dogs looks cool so I might get that one as well

it's nice to see them positive and more realistic than EA about the WiiU

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

I dont like Ubi, sincerely their games dont make nothing for me, ZombiU is their best thing since ....ever

But i give them a pass because they try.