By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft's sitting mighty fine

Tagged games:

If I were to guess why Ubisoft is supporting the Wii U more so than most, it's because they typically make money on Nintendo platforms on nearly every notable game they produce. Though admittedly, their 3DS support is utterly laughable.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network

Double negation D:
Crappy phones! Cant edit.

Ubisoft? lol

They delayed that Rayman game for it to be multiplatform, when the Wii U version was already finished. How is that support?

Other platform issues: Michael Ironside is no longer voicing Sam Fisher.
Supposedly canning Rainbow 6 Patriots. Considering how well Rainbow Six Vegas 1/2 did in sales and played, this is inexcusable.
No more Prince of Persia games?
The new Ghost Recon Game was whack, and came out how many years after GRAW2?
They milked the hell out of Rabbids, and now Assassins Creed.

But whatever floats your boat. I'm glad you like them. At least they brought Zombie U over, that was a good one.

Far Cry is probably their best franchise right now. Where's that on Wii U?

It's just that simple.

pokoko said:
IsawYoshi said:
pokoko said:
It wasn't that long ago that some Nintendo fans were talking about boycotting the next Rayman game. I guess the EA situation calmed that kind of sentiment down pretty swiftly.

I'm not going to buy Rayman, but I were going to. I was going to buy it cause there were no other titles to play at the time. At the timeframe it will release now, I will have other stuff to play, like Splinter Cell Blacklist and the wind waker. It's a sad truth, but Ubi lost a lot of Wii U sales on that one.  

I understand what you're saying, and I have no problem with someone not buying Rayman because of actual reasons, as opposed to that silly boycott thing, but I doubt Ubisoft missed out on many sales, relatively speaking.  As opposed to how much they would have had to spend on TWO marketing campaigns and separate shipping arrangements, my guess is that the Wii U version of Rayman would have generated a small profit.  By combining the launch of all the platforms, even if they missed some Wii U sales, they will probably come out ahead of what they would have seen with separate release dates.

There is also the rumor that Ubisoft wasn't happen with Nintendo in some way connected to the Rayman situation.  I'd bet that Ubisoft asked Nintendo to cover some of the costs of having an exclusive launch and got turned down.  If that's the case, then Nintendo fans should turn at least part of their anger toward Nintendo.

I was talking about just the Wii U sales. I do doubt that the wii u sales would have been more than on all systems combined now that it is a multiplat, but it actually might have been possible, considering that Wii U owners couldn't exactly  swim in games at the time, and many would have bought whatever good someone would have thrown at them. I have a fear that Legends might drown on every platform, but we'll have to wait and see.

JEMC said:

If the answer is NO, then they have to ask themselves: Can this situation change in the future? Is it ok if we risk our relationship with them by not launching our games on the console?

Not launching their games on a console is one thing, talking thrash about it is a whole new level of risk when it comes to relationships between companies. 

Around the Network
IsawYoshi said:
JEMC said:

If the answer is NO, then they have to ask themselves: Can this situation change in the future? Is it ok if we risk our relationship with them by not launching our games on the console?

Not launching their games on a console is one thing, talking thrash about it is a whole new level of risk when it comes to relationships between companies. 

I already know that and I wrote it in the same post:

And then there is EA, which doesn't make money and doesn't care about losing Nintendo paltforms. We can like it or not, but if they don't make money from their WiiU games then it's not a bad idea to stop supporting the console. But while that is acceptable and understable, talking trash about the console for no rason isn't.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

ktay95 said:
well from what ive seen all of the Ninty fanboys i used to know would ride Ubi's cock just as much as Nintendo's just for there support. so i presume the hardcore Ninty fans are more likely to buy a Ubi game now because of their great support

Did you see a Nintendo fanboy riding a Ubisoft Cxxk? Where? When? Linke or it has never happened!!!

Jokes aside I think all effort should be rewarded; if a game is good and it is exclusive (in some form) than the company is doing good for Nintendo and fan are more likely to support them instead of someone that doesn't.

Switch!!!

How is endless amounts of raving rabbids shovelware support???

Despite the whole Rayman fuck up i have a lot of respect for Ubisoft, and they create some great games.
Watch Dogs is a day one purchase, and the Rayman legends challenge app they released is keeping me entertained enough to forget about the delay to be honest.

EA pulling out simply gives other companies the chance to capitalise on their vacancy.
Plus... the loss of a yearly sports franchise is not a big blow for me, have not bought any EA sports game for 4 years no, they will not be missed.

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

good rule of business: people like to buy from people (or companies) they like.

..it is never a bad idea to make nice with your customers.  a few kind words or a thank you can do so much with so little effort.