Forums - Sports Discussion - Mourinho's Failure

Munkeh111 said:
Goatseye said:
Munkeh111 said:
Goatseye said:
Munkeh111 said:
Goatseye said:
Munkeh111 said:

Up until AvB came there, Chelsea still had Mourinho's defensive structure and had been defensively sound. He did well at Porto, wow, how tough

What did Chelsea win since Mourinho left until AVB got there? 1 championship after investing 100 million pounds. They had the most boring soccer style ever. Italian defensive attitude with English vertical offensive approach, with no result. 

To win at FC Porto is more stressful than at a club with no winning culture like Chelsea. 2 Champions League, 2 Europe Super Cup, 2 Europa League, 2 World Club Champion, tey have the most CL appearence together with Man U. Chelsea is a oil funded burgoisie with no sporting spirit, a kid.

Premier League and FA Cup (or maybe 2)

What did they win with AvB? He got fired with as 3-1 down against Porto

Also, let's not forget than under Ancelloti, they scored the record number of goals in a season (and got the best goal difference). Let's also not forget that Jose won the Champions League with Porto

You are genuinely crazy if you think AvB is a better manager than Mourinho.

When did I say anything that hinted that?

The last paragraph and the first paragraph...

???

Basically, looking through what you said, you haven't really made any point. I suppose I guessed what you were trying to say was that AvB was better than Jose, because I can't think what else you are trying to say

That his teams play better looking soccer than Mourinho's maybe?

Around the Network

he got sacked. good riddance

bananaking21 said:

no.  he didnt.

mutual consent

he wanted to leave and they wanted him to leave.

I'm not really here!

kowenicki said:
bananaking21 said:

no.  he didnt.

mutual consent

he wanted to leave and they wanted him to leave.

at the end same result. he is gone

no -still there for two weaks

Around the Network

So, Ancelotti to replace him? When Madrid fail to win La Primera Liga or Champions League next year I guess they can just fire another manager. Meanwhile Jose can go back to Chelsea until Roman fires him again. Some of these big clubs behave in such short sighted manners.

I don't watch football, soccer, or any team sports. Why are the managers at fault for poor player performance? Ex: "He had a $400 million dollar team and he lost to a $30 million dollar team." Aren't the players the ones that practice and play? What does the manager do that has such a drastic affect on player performance?

wfz said:

I don't watch football, soccer, or any team sports. Why are the managers at fault for poor player performance? Ex: "He had a $400 million dollar team and he lost to a $30 million dollar team." Aren't the players the ones that practice and play? What does the manager do that has such a drastic affect on player performance?

When you get tactically schooled by a cheaper team consistently there's something wrong with the manager. When you loose the championship before the first half of the season theere's something wrong with the manager. Soccer managers are like business organization managers, if they consistently make bad decisions or don't treat their employees right there will be no profit at the end. What will be their motivation?

Goatseye said:
Munkeh111 said:
Goatseye said:
Munkeh111 said:
Goatseye said:

When did I say anything that hinted that?

The last paragraph and the first paragraph...

???

Basically, looking through what you said, you haven't really made any point. I suppose I guessed what you were trying to say was that AvB was better than Jose, because I can't think what else you are trying to say

That his teams play better looking soccer than Mourinho's maybe?

That's got nothing to do with quality of manager. Have you ever watched Arsenal play? They weave all their lovely patterns, but normally lack an end product. Same with Barcelona, they just pass from side to side and side to side until Messi shows up to make some magic. That is not managerial greatness. Let's look at AvB's Chelsea. They had some flair sure, but it's not fun watching a team when you know there is every chance that they could just fall apart at any time.

Compared to last year, Tottenham gone backwards. The only thing that has improved is Bale. Everyone always talks about how van Persie has had the largest impact in terms of winning Man U games, but he just scores goals by being in the right place at the right time. Bale has scored so so so many last minute goals to win games, not just from being in the right place and the chance being created due to a build up of pressure, but pieces of individual brilliance (like the last match) that have nothing to do with the manager

Augen said:
So, Ancelotti to replace him? When Madrid fail to win La Primera Liga or Champions League next year I guess they can just fire another manager. Meanwhile Jose can go back to Chelsea until Roman fires him again. Some of these big clubs behave in such short sighted manners.

no-Ancelotti has to say in Paris.He has another year contract and his sheikh boss said he has to stay there.