By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Mourinho's Failure

kowenicki said:
bananaking21 said:
he got sacked. good riddance

no.  he didnt.

mutual consent

he wanted to leave and they wanted him to leave.

at the end same result. he is gone

Around the Network

no -still there for two weaks

So, Ancelotti to replace him? When Madrid fail to win La Primera Liga or Champions League next year I guess they can just fire another manager. Meanwhile Jose can go back to Chelsea until Roman fires him again. Some of these big clubs behave in such short sighted manners.

I don't watch football, soccer, or any team sports. Why are the managers at fault for poor player performance? Ex: "He had a $400 million dollar team and he lost to a $30 million dollar team." Aren't the players the ones that practice and play? What does the manager do that has such a drastic affect on player performance?

wfz said:

I don't watch football, soccer, or any team sports. Why are the managers at fault for poor player performance? Ex: "He had a $400 million dollar team and he lost to a $30 million dollar team." Aren't the players the ones that practice and play? What does the manager do that has such a drastic affect on player performance?

When you get tactically schooled by a cheaper team consistently there's something wrong with the manager. When you loose the championship before the first half of the season theere's something wrong with the manager. Soccer managers are like business organization managers, if they consistently make bad decisions or don't treat their employees right there will be no profit at the end. What will be their motivation?

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
Munkeh111 said:
Goatseye said:
Munkeh111 said:
Goatseye said:

When did I say anything that hinted that?

The last paragraph and the first paragraph...

???

Basically, looking through what you said, you haven't really made any point. I suppose I guessed what you were trying to say was that AvB was better than Jose, because I can't think what else you are trying to say

That his teams play better looking soccer than Mourinho's maybe?

That's got nothing to do with quality of manager. Have you ever watched Arsenal play? They weave all their lovely patterns, but normally lack an end product. Same with Barcelona, they just pass from side to side and side to side until Messi shows up to make some magic. That is not managerial greatness. Let's look at AvB's Chelsea. They had some flair sure, but it's not fun watching a team when you know there is every chance that they could just fall apart at any time.

Compared to last year, Tottenham gone backwards. The only thing that has improved is Bale. Everyone always talks about how van Persie has had the largest impact in terms of winning Man U games, but he just scores goals by being in the right place at the right time. Bale has scored so so so many last minute goals to win games, not just from being in the right place and the chance being created due to a build up of pressure, but pieces of individual brilliance (like the last match) that have nothing to do with the manager

Augen said:
So, Ancelotti to replace him? When Madrid fail to win La Primera Liga or Champions League next year I guess they can just fire another manager. Meanwhile Jose can go back to Chelsea until Roman fires him again. Some of these big clubs behave in such short sighted manners.

no-Ancelotti has to say in Paris.He has another year contract and his sheikh boss said he has to stay there.

Munkeh111 said:
Goatseye said:
Munkeh111 said:
Goatseye said:
Munkeh111 said:
Goatseye said:

When did I say anything that hinted that?

The last paragraph and the first paragraph...

???

Basically, looking through what you said, you haven't really made any point. I suppose I guessed what you were trying to say was that AvB was better than Jose, because I can't think what else you are trying to say

That his teams play better looking soccer than Mourinho's maybe?

That's got nothing to do with quality of manager. Have you ever watched Arsenal play? They weave all their lovely patterns, but normally lack an end product. Same with Barcelona, they just pass from side to side and side to side until Messi shows up to make some magic. That is not managerial greatness. Let's look at AvB's Chelsea. They had some flair sure, but it's not fun watching a team when you know there is every chance that they could just fall apart at any time.

Compared to last year, Tottenham gone backwards. The only thing that has improved is Bale. Everyone always talks about how van Persie has had the largest impact in terms of winning Man U games, but he just scores goals by being in the right place at the right time. Bale has scored so so so many last minute goals to win games, not just from being in the right place and the chance being created due to a build up of pressure, but pieces of individual brilliance (like the last match) that have nothing to do with the manager

AVB's Porto was a wonder to see. Hulk, Falcao, Varela. If you think teams playing nice doesn't reflect the managerial qualities you should check your knowledge on soccer.

Barcelona team lacks a robust defensive line that in the firs 3 seasons help them dominate every team they played in Europe. If all you see in Barcelona game is just boring passes until Messi shows up you're one of the folks that rather watch highlights of a game than the whole thing.

Arsenal always had that English back end, phisically though but the qualities didn't match the front end. Tottenham has a horrible defense my god they can't hold an advantage for the sake of their lives.

Playing beautiful is a Philosophy and an ideal. Mourinho's ideal is to win. Everybody wants to win, but I will never pay a ticket to watch Mourinho's team score a goal and park the bus in front of the goal for the remainder of the match. On the other hand AVB's team resemble Mourinho's style but he couples them with some flair, which Mourinho doesn't like.

wfz said:

1) it depends on what you mean with manager.

in england manager is= coach and manager.in germany(and most other footballsoccer countries)

the manager is the one who is responsible for buying players and giving them contracts but has nothing to do with coaching.

2)there is a reason why less than 10coaches earn astronomic summs of money.Because they are really really good.You can't just buy expensive/good players and expect to win.Superior individuals means nothing as long as they don't work together as team.A great manager you have to be a great coach,great analyst and great psychologist as it is very hard to keep up harmony and motivation in a team of millionaires.Only few have all three talents.

A great example how important a great manager is is dortmund.5 years ago they were nothing,in debt,no success,close to bancruptcy.than came klopp,bought some players for little money and turned the within 3 years into a national champion and within 5 years into a world class team-without spending hundreds of millions or having a guy like messi. 

of course players are also responsible -but not as much as the coach-and:you can fire a coach,but you cannot fire a team.

SxyxS said:
Augen said:

no-Ancelotti has to say in Paris.He has another year contract and his sheikh boss said he has to stay there.

Not sure about that
Ancelotti has a buy out thing in his contract and no one can do something about that...Its about the money at the end.

Good that Mourinho is gone
Probably the best birthday present for San Iker Casillas in his whole life.
Mourinho was the worst thing that ever happened to Real Madrid - The reputation is at the lowest point ever.Even the own fans are disgusted.
And Mourinho never brought the change he promised...Uuuuh Semi Finals and a League Title against a weak Barcelona...uuuuh
Mourinho needs soldiers and not a football familiy with players that have fun at their job.Back to Chelsea or an other Oil Club where Money is everything.