By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Mourinho's Failure

Goatseye said:
Player1x3 said:
Lafiel said:
getting 2nd in the best football league, 2nd in the cup and making it to the semi-finals in the most competitive football competition is "disastrous" ?

no, these expectations are disastrous


Best football league is an English Premier League. Most certainly not spanish league 

EPL is exciting but not the best.

English teams when they play on European tournaments they struggle. Rare exceptions were mid 2000's.

Their tatics are suicidal against latin and german teams. I hate the way they defend but that's what makes EPL so exciting because the defense is almost forgotten.

When Mourinho went over there you guys didn't like his style. But he dominated the league with his defensive tatics.

Benfica balled Chelsea like no one in England has done yet this season. If Chelsea had played Porto they would've been humiliated. 


Chelsea were so lucky. No offense to Chelsea fans, but both this and the Champions League title were undeserved in my opinion. They might have deserved it back in 2007/2008, but winning it last year was a fluke.



Around the Network
Talal said:
Goatseye said:
Player1x3 said:
Lafiel said:
getting 2nd in the best football league, 2nd in the cup and making it to the semi-finals in the most competitive football competition is "disastrous" ?

no, these expectations are disastrous


Best football league is an English Premier League. Most certainly not spanish league 

EPL is exciting but not the best.

English teams when they play on European tournaments they struggle. Rare exceptions were mid 2000's.

Their tatics are suicidal against latin and german teams. I hate the way they defend but that's what makes EPL so exciting because the defense is almost forgotten.

When Mourinho went over there you guys didn't like his style. But he dominated the league with his defensive tatics.

Benfica balled Chelsea like no one in England has done yet this season. If Chelsea had played Porto they would've been humiliated. 


Chelsea were so lucky. No offense to Chelsea fans, but both this and the Champions League titles were undeserved in my opinion. They might have deserved it back in 2007/2008, but winning it last year was a fluke.



agreed



Goatseye said:
Munkeh111 said:

Tottenham came 4th last year. This is Bale's best season, that's it.

Also, AvB's style of defending is fundamentally flawed. He is too stubborn to choose a system that fits the players, last year his need to play a high line really cost Chelsea

He needs to get defenders at Porto. Most defenders in EPL suck like a black hole. There's bunch of exceptions but the teams defend poorly for my taste.

Chelsea was just a lit up cocktail Molotov. Players got rid of him. He proved at Porto that he is very good.

Up until AvB came there, Chelsea still had Mourinho's defensive structure and had been defensively sound. He did well at Porto, wow, how tough



Goatseye said:
Player1x3 said:
Lafiel said:
getting 2nd in the best football league, 2nd in the cup and making it to the semi-finals in the most competitive football competition is "disastrous" ?

no, these expectations are disastrous


Best football league is an English Premier League. Most certainly not spanish league 

EPL is exciting but not the best.

English teams when they play on European tournaments they struggle. Rare exceptions were mid 2000's.

Their tatics are suicidal against latin and german teams. I hate the way they defend but that's what makes EPL so exciting because the defense is almost forgotten.

When Mourinho went over there you guys didn't like his style. But he dominated the league with his defensive tatics.

Benfica balled Chelsea like no one in England has done yet this season. If Chelsea had played Porto they would've been humiliated. 


Nobody in England really cares about the Europa League. I forgot the final was even on TV.

it's better to focus on finishing higher in the league. Whereas Portugese teams seem obsessed with that competition.



If we were to weigh up Jose Mourinho's time with 'Los Blancos', we'd find a great deal more arguments than achievements.

He's won a league title, a Copa del Rey, and a Spanish Supercup; he's closed the gap to Barcelona, and he's put the club back on the European map with three Champions League semi-final appearances. But weighing up against this he's had countless clashes with the club, the players, the fans, UEFA, referees and opponents.

No sooner than he'd joined Real Madrid, Mourinho embarked on his crusade against the referees. "Barça always plays against ten men", was one of his earliest quips. He then upped the ante and he was punished by UEFA for losing the plot during the Champions League semi-final against Barça.

He also soon came into conflict with the club, for wanting to provisionally manage Portugal, he clashed with Valdano (managing to force him out of the club), he had rows with various opposing managers and managed to offend Málaga.

During his second season, he assaulted Tito Vilanova during the Spanish Supercup. Months later, he waited for the referee in the Camp Nou parking lots after being knocked out of the Copa del Rey by Barcelona.

During this last season, Mourinho has managed to bring the beef to Valdebebas, having spats with Ramos, Özil, Casillas, Di María, Benzema, Cristiano and Pepe. He's also upset affairs in the Madrid youth system, having been very critical of Toril, the Castilla manager.

Mou laid the gauntlet down to the Real Madrid fans when he said he'd take to the turf before the start of the derby so they could boo and whistle at him. And he also caused controversy when he refused to attend FIFA's Ballon d'Or competition.

He's also managed to set tongues wagging about his future, having made it clear that he fancies England next.
____

Interesting read from Marca. :p



Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
Goatseye said:
Munkeh111 said:

Tottenham came 4th last year. This is Bale's best season, that's it.

Also, AvB's style of defending is fundamentally flawed. He is too stubborn to choose a system that fits the players, last year his need to play a high line really cost Chelsea

He needs to get defenders at Porto. Most defenders in EPL suck like a black hole. There's bunch of exceptions but the teams defend poorly for my taste.

Chelsea was just a lit up cocktail Molotov. Players got rid of him. He proved at Porto that he is very good.

Up until AvB came there, Chelsea still had Mourinho's defensive structure and had been defensively sound. He did well at Porto, wow, how tough

What did Chelsea win since Mourinho left until AVB got there? 1 championship after investing 100 million pounds. They had the most boring soccer style ever. Italian defensive attitude with English vertical offensive approach, with no result. 

To win at FC Porto is more stressful than at a club with no winning culture like Chelsea. 2 Champions League, 2 Europe Super Cup, 2 Europa League, 2 World Club Champion, tey have the most CL appearence together with Man U. Chelsea is a oil funded burgoisie with no sporting spirit, a kid.



dobby985 said:
Goatseye said:
Player1x3 said:
Lafiel said:
getting 2nd in the best football league, 2nd in the cup and making it to the semi-finals in the most competitive football competition is "disastrous" ?

no, these expectations are disastrous


Best football league is an English Premier League. Most certainly not spanish league 

EPL is exciting but not the best.

English teams when they play on European tournaments they struggle. Rare exceptions were mid 2000's.

Their tatics are suicidal against latin and german teams. I hate the way they defend but that's what makes EPL so exciting because the defense is almost forgotten.

When Mourinho went over there you guys didn't like his style. But he dominated the league with his defensive tatics.

Benfica balled Chelsea like no one in England has done yet this season. If Chelsea had played Porto they would've been humiliated. 


Nobody in England really cares about the Europa League. I forgot the final was even on TV.

it's better to focus on finishing higher in the league. Whereas Portugese teams seem obsessed with that competition.

It's a competition that a lot of good teams measure their power on. Because English teams cannot compete, now you diminish the importance of the tournament. England is all about Man U and Liverpool in exceptional form to win anything outside the kick and rush championship. Besides them there is an English desert in European panorama.



Goatseye said:
dobby985 said:
Goatseye said:
Player1x3 said:
Lafiel said:
getting 2nd in the best football league, 2nd in the cup and making it to the semi-finals in the most competitive football competition is "disastrous" ?

no, these expectations are disastrous


Best football league is an English Premier League. Most certainly not spanish league 

EPL is exciting but not the best.

English teams when they play on European tournaments they struggle. Rare exceptions were mid 2000's.

Their tatics are suicidal against latin and german teams. I hate the way they defend but that's what makes EPL so exciting because the defense is almost forgotten.

When Mourinho went over there you guys didn't like his style. But he dominated the league with his defensive tatics.

Benfica balled Chelsea like no one in England has done yet this season. If Chelsea had played Porto they would've been humiliated. 


Nobody in England really cares about the Europa League. I forgot the final was even on TV.

it's better to focus on finishing higher in the league. Whereas Portugese teams seem obsessed with that competition.

It's a competition that a lot of good teams measure their power on. Because English teams cannot compete, now you diminish the importance of the tournament. England is all about Man U and Liverpool in exceptional form to win anything outside the kick and rush championship. Besides them there is an English desert in European panorama.


The Europa league IS irrelevant. It's a tournament for clubs from smaller countries.

Focussing on a higher league position will earn you a lot more prize money than winning the Europa League. It's all about TV money.

But if you want to call the Europa League a big achievement then go ahead.



Goatseye said:
Munkeh111 said:
Goatseye said:
Munkeh111 said:

Tottenham came 4th last year. This is Bale's best season, that's it.

Also, AvB's style of defending is fundamentally flawed. He is too stubborn to choose a system that fits the players, last year his need to play a high line really cost Chelsea

He needs to get defenders at Porto. Most defenders in EPL suck like a black hole. There's bunch of exceptions but the teams defend poorly for my taste.

Chelsea was just a lit up cocktail Molotov. Players got rid of him. He proved at Porto that he is very good.

Up until AvB came there, Chelsea still had Mourinho's defensive structure and had been defensively sound. He did well at Porto, wow, how tough

What did Chelsea win since Mourinho left until AVB got there? 1 championship after investing 100 million pounds. They had the most boring soccer style ever. Italian defensive attitude with English vertical offensive approach, with no result. 

To win at FC Porto is more stressful than at a club with no winning culture like Chelsea. 2 Champions League, 2 Europe Super Cup, 2 Europa League, 2 World Club Champion, tey have the most CL appearence together with Man U. Chelsea is a oil funded burgoisie with no sporting spirit, a kid.

Premier League and FA Cup (or maybe 2)

What did they win with AvB? He got fired with as 3-1 down against Porto

Also, let's not forget than under Ancelloti, they scored the record number of goals in a season (and got the best goal difference). Let's also not forget that Jose won the Champions League with Porto

You are genuinely crazy if you think AvB is a better manager than Mourinho.



He's always went to a club with a huge budget, and to fail like this at Madrid is bad. Not a bad manager, but at the same time he did manage to turn the players and fans against him when he didn't need to,