By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why do some people never have anything good to say about Nintendo on this site? Nintendo gamer's, Set an example today, and do not be negative!

spurgeonryan said:

So frustrating.

Today was supposed to be a good day, and every Nintendo thread is flooded with 3-5 members who's goal it is to downplay all the excitement and put Nintendo gamers in a bad mood.

Why?

i know exactly how you feel, but buddy, it aint just here, just about every blog and forum is doin the same thing...

the bottom line is "the people" are the problem and the answer. You can't please them, and they're never content because of self-entitlment.

It's irratating, annoying and immature, but we just have to take it on the chin and move on.

This coming from a "every kind of gamer" gamer

Around the Network

I accept and sometimes even appreciate negativity, so long as it doesn't devolve into an "everything was bad, is bad, and will continue to be bad" mentality.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Some of it is probably due to plain old dissapointment. I love nintendo games, but it's hard sometimes to maintain excitement about games on a new system that's already feels outdated. People are looking for bombshells. I just watched the xbox reveal, and i was blown away. Not just by the new features, but by the new COD. I have hated every call of duty, but this one just seems awesome. The Bombshell reveal (for me) is that 15 games will be released exclusively for xbox this year, but wait there's more. 8 of those games are new IP's. Everything that i've wanted nintendo to do has just been announced... by microsoft. Btw, this comes from a person who has never owned an xbox. So, to reiterate, disappointment could be a big reason people downplay the good news. It just isn't good enough. That being said, i DO hope nintendo brings something extremely exciting to the table this year.

why ask why? People like what they like.

Personally, everything good I have to say about Nintendo is in past tense. Since they released the N64 the gap between me and Nintendo his gotten wider and wider.

There are key things I loved about Nintendo back in the day and almost all of it revolved around 2D platforming and/or RPGs.

Except for the NSMB stuff (which Is just about the only thing I can tolerate on Nintendo modern systems these days) it is really hard to find or enjoy any of the new Zeldas and Metroids on their consoles. The portable games are different issue.

Additionally if I want to play a bunch of RPGs I can't find but a small handful of them on Nintendo consoles. It's a sad wasteland filled with only a few bright gems, none of which are must haves forcing me to support the console itself.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Around the Network

Aren't you guilty of the same thing spurge?

I LOVE ICELAND!

spurgeonryan said:
dharh said:

Personally, everything good I have to say about Nintendo is in past tense. Since they released the N64 the gap between me and Nintendo his gotten wider and wider.

There are key things I loved about Nintendo back in the day and almost all of it revolved around 2D platforming and/or RPGs.

Except for the NSMB stuff (which Is just about the only thing I can tolerate on Nintendo modern systems these days) it is really hard to find or enjoy any of the new Zeldas and Metroids on their consoles. The portable games are different issue.

Additionally if I want to play a bunch of RPGs I can't find but a small handful of them on Nintendo consoles. It's a sad wasteland filled with only a few bright gems, none of which are must haves forcing me to support the console itself.

While I would somewhat agree, that still does not mean people should be coming into good news threads and talking bad about Nintendo.

Ruining peoples time.

I think Nintendonation did well yesterday. I saw no bad mouthing from us, from what I saw.

I tried to word my post as non-negative as possible. Mainly just things Nintendo has done that lost me rather than calling the products themselves bad names or whatever. I've always been fine with other people enjoying what Nintendo has had to offer these days even when I myself don't. I am, after all, part of team Games, not team SONY or Microsoft or whatever.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.