By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT5 passes Halo Reach in global lifetime sales!

As some pointed out there was a digital bundle for Halo Reach that added more than one million owners that
aren't included in VGC numbers. Also the game was (and still is) available for 26 months on Games on Demand, so expect another few hundred thousand sales from that.
GT5 will pass it eventually, but it hasn't now and that is pretty clear.

Rest of the thread is garbage.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
walsufnir said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
walsufnir said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
walsufnir said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Both games were heavily bundled. All the Halos were heavily bundled until the successor came out and the same goes for Gears of War. GT5 just so happens to be the first full GT of the gen.

Ok come on, you know that is wrong. Halo-bundles died way before Halo 4 was released unless you can proove that they were bundled just before Halo 4. You try to say that there is a bundle-link for all Halos which is definitely not true and it is also not true for Gears of War. Why do you say so? Just to excuse the heavy bundeling of GT5? It's ok if it's bundled. But don't compare time-limited bundles to continually bundeling. This doesn't work.

Not true. Where I live halo Reach bundles were still selling with Fable 3. Gears 3 limited edition bundles were selling along side them (The red skull casing) early last year. I know this because every quarter I go to my neighborhood best buy and they were all still there. Kinect bundles were there as well.

Then this is at least not true for all regions. There are no Halo4-bundles here anymore and there were no GoW3-bundles until Judgment was released and no GoW2-bundles available until GoW3 was released and especially no (absolutely no) Halo-bundle (any Halo) available long before Halo4 was released. This shows that generally there was no bundle-linking.

Pray tell..where is it that you live?

A small country named Germany. And yes, we didn't have GoW2 but I get my forbidden games from austria and uk.

I live in America a rabid consumerist nation that's purchasing habits will never be sated. Ever heard of a day called Black Friday? Its the day doorbuster sales happen and retailers sell their wares at ridiculous markdowns to profit. When i went Christmas 2011 all of those bundles were there and went. When I came back in March.....they returned. Back then I remember as well that if you bought a PC at best buy you got a Free Xbox 360 as well. :)

Tales from my A.... Ah, oh no, this was GAF :) Yes, we can all sit around at a campfire and tell us what we experienced in our entertaining life but nothing of it can be proven so who cares anyway. I still don't see any link-bundling and there is no data this can be backed up with so unless proven otherwise there is no link-bundling.

enditall727 said:
DirtyP2002 said:
enditall727 said:
DirtyP2002 said:
walsufnir said:
enditall727 said:
walsufnir said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Wasn't Halo Reach and Fable 3 bundled for like two years?

Could be. But GT5 was bundled with fat, slim and superslim. Show me one Halo which was bundled with fat 360, redesign 360s and the new matte version.

GT5 wasnt bundled with the fat ps3 

Gt5 released in 2010 and that was after the slim ps3 was launched

Sony fans have to decide: Is GT5:P now a separate game or not? I was in a discussion with a person that wanted to put the sales of GT5P and GT5 together and GT5P was bundled.

This changes on a daily basis and depends on the discussion itself.

Of course it is a game. It was marketed as such and priced like it. The comparison with ODST is the best you can get. People will still tell you otherwise.

Its not really the best you can get because ODST is not a Halo 3, Reach or Halo 4 demo

I can play Halo 3 online with my ODST disc... -.-

so what does that mean?

I guess that makes ODST a demo then?

ODST was supposed to be an expansion that turned into a full game. It had that and then multiplayer.

walsufnir said:
007BondAgent said:
JayWood2010 said:
1 Halo 3 X360 2007 Shooter Microsoft Game Studios 7.73 2.72 0.13 1.18 11.77
2 Halo: Reach X360 2010 Shooter Microsoft Game Studios 6.71 1.80 0.08 0.85 9.43
3 Halo 4 X360 2012 Shooter Microsoft Game Studios 5.63 1.80 0.04 0.76 8.23
4 Halo 3: ODST X360 2009 Shooter Microsoft Game Studios 4.20 1.29 0.06 0.60 6.15
5 Halo Wars X360 2009 Strategy Microsoft Game Studios 1.32 0.74 0.04 0.22 2.32
6 Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary X360 2011 Shooter Microsoft Game Studios 1.29 0.62 0.04 0.21 2.16
1 Gran Turismo 5 PS3 2010 Racing Sony Computer Entertainment 2.59 5.11 0.80 1.92 10.42
2 Gran Turismo 5 Prologue PS3 2007 Racing Sony Computer Entertainment 1.25 1.79 0.57 0.52 4.12
3 Gran Turismo (PSP) PS3 2009 Racing Polyphony Digital 0.43 1.40 0.31 0.67 2.82

X360 Halo - 40.05m

PS3 Gran Turismo -  17.36m

There really isn't that much of a competition.  If you are trying to start a fan war, bravo because you will achieve it.  But Halo has been a much bigger franchise all generation.

you have to be kidding right, you are comparing 6 halo games to 1 gran turismo game, 1 demo and a psp game?

i cannot believe you were even silly enough to post such nonsence

Well, every comparison in this thread is crap :) Why did you especially pick this one?

i started from page one, and decided to quote the first stupid post

S.T.A.G.E. said:
enditall727 said:
DirtyP2002 said:
enditall727 said:
DirtyP2002 said:
walsufnir said:
enditall727 said:
walsufnir said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Could be. But GT5 was bundled with fat, slim and superslim. Show me one Halo which was bundled with fat 360, redesign 360s and the new matte version.

Sony fans have to decide: Is GT5:P now a separate game or not? I was in a discussion with a person that wanted to put the sales of GT5P and GT5 together and GT5P was bundled.

Of course it is a game. It was marketed as such and priced like it. The comparison with ODST is the best you can get. People will still tell you otherwise.

Its not really the best you can get because ODST is not a Halo 3, Reach or Halo 4 demo

so what does that mean?

ODST was supposed to be an expansion that turned into a full game. It had that and then multiplayer.

So that still means that ODST is not a demo ;)

Lol i remember seeing something about it in the IGN review though(i think) so people can try to front all they want lol

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
walsufnir said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
walsufnir said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
walsufnir said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Both games were heavily bundled. All the Halos were heavily bundled until the successor came out and the same goes for Gears of War. GT5 just so happens to be the first full GT of the gen.

Ok come on, you know that is wrong. Halo-bundles died way before Halo 4 was released unless you can proove that they were bundled just before Halo 4. You try to say that there is a bundle-link for all Halos which is definitely not true and it is also not true for Gears of War. Why do you say so? Just to excuse the heavy bundeling of GT5? It's ok if it's bundled. But don't compare time-limited bundles to continually bundeling. This doesn't work.

Not true. Where I live halo Reach bundles were still selling with Fable 3. Gears 3 limited edition bundles were selling along side them (The red skull casing) early last year. I know this because every quarter I go to my neighborhood best buy and they were all still there. Kinect bundles were there as well.

Then this is at least not true for all regions. There are no Halo4-bundles here anymore and there were no GoW3-bundles until Judgment was released and no GoW2-bundles available until GoW3 was released and especially no (absolutely no) Halo-bundle (any Halo) available long before Halo4 was released. This shows that generally there was no bundle-linking.

A small country named Germany. And yes, we didn't have GoW2 but I get my forbidden games from austria and uk.

I live in America a rabid consumerist nation that's purchasing habits will never be sated. Ever heard of a day called Black Friday? Its the day doorbuster sales happen and retailers sell their wares at ridiculous markdowns to profit. When i went Christmas 2011 all of those bundles were there and went. When I came back in March.....they returned. Back then I remember as well that if you bought a PC at best buy you got a Free Xbox 360 as well. :)

Tales from my A.... Ah, oh no, this was GAF :) Yes, we can all sit around at a campfire and tell us what we experienced in our entertaining life but nothing of it can be proven so who cares anyway. I still don't see any link-bundling and there is no data this can be backed up with so unless proven otherwise there is no link-bundling.

Ok Lets backtrack to 2011

June 2011: Gears of War 3 bundle announced.
http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/12868/gears-of-war-3-console-bundle-announced

October2011: Halo Reach Fable 3 bundle announced

http://majornelson.com/2011/10/18/xbox-360-250gb-holiday-bundles/

enditall727 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
enditall727 said:
DirtyP2002 said:
enditall727 said:
DirtyP2002 said:
walsufnir said:
enditall727 said:
walsufnir said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

so what does that mean?

So that still means that ODST is not a demo ;)

Lol i remember seeing something about it in the IGN review though(i think) so people can try to front all they want lol

Its not a demo, its a fullscale game that I still to this day feel shouldn't have been $60. Felt like my wallet was raped by Microsoft that day. I beat that game with my friend in five hours and I we sat on the couch saying....really? This a $30 game at best. It easily could've been an expansion downloadable on Xbox Live.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
walsufnir said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
walsufnir said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
walsufnir said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
walsufnir said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Ok Lets backtrack to 2011

June 2011: Gears of War 3 bundle announced.
http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/12868/gears-of-war-3-console-bundle-announced

October2011: Halo Reach Fable 3 bundle announced

*sigh*

limited edition...

holiday bundle...

So where is the proof of continuos link-bundling?

Where is the proof that bundling of games stopped right before the new title came out?

Because, if I remember correctly, we are discussing

"Both games were heavily bundled. All the Halos were heavily bundled until the successor came out and the same goes for Gears of War. GT5 just so happens to be the first full GT of the gen."

Well  there are more people that buy an Xbox just for Halo then there are that buy a PS3 just to play Grand Turismo. That should be a sign as to which brand is more powerful. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

kowenicki said:
Sorry, I don't get the comparison...

what you are saying is the best selling PS3 exclusive has outsold a 360 game that isn't the 360's best selling exclusive? And?

OK then, er.... Great!

Hmm you're right

But wasnt Kinect Adventures pretty much bundled with Every Kinect like how Wii Sports was pretty much bundled with every Wii?