By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT5 passes Halo Reach in global lifetime sales!

bevochan said:
Carl2291 said:
The comparison that shows everyones true colours. Well played OP.

The best post of the thread.

you were included. -.-

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:
bevochan said:
Carl2291 said:

you were included. -.-

every poster in this thread, including the ones who judged it :)

enditall727 said:
I tried to hold it in for as long as possible but i think i can say it now. It may not have been the OP's intentions but the amount of anal juice that has been leaked in this thread is crazy! LOL

..Sh!t is funny as hell man XD

As I said one of the funniest threads I had for a long time!

walsufnir said:
DirtyP2002 said:
bevochan said:
Carl2291 said:

you were included. -.-

I know my true colors.  I'm a PS3 fan!  But I don't take it personally if a xbox person say that xbox console is more superior or xbox games sell better.  I don't really care because it's a video game. 

When the PS3 console surpasses xbox360 console in global sales in few weeks, is a xbox person going to say that was because of heavy bunding with games?!

JayWood2010 said:
1 Halo 3 X360 2007 Shooter Microsoft Game Studios 7.73 2.72 0.13 1.18 11.77
2 Halo: Reach X360 2010 Shooter Microsoft Game Studios 6.71 1.80 0.08 0.85 9.43
3 Halo 4 X360 2012 Shooter Microsoft Game Studios 5.63 1.80 0.04 0.76 8.23
4 Halo 3: ODST X360 2009 Shooter Microsoft Game Studios 4.20 1.29 0.06 0.60 6.15
5 Halo Wars X360 2009 Strategy Microsoft Game Studios 1.32 0.74 0.04 0.22 2.32
6 Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary X360 2011 Shooter Microsoft Game Studios 1.29 0.62 0.04 0.21 2.16
1 Gran Turismo 5 PS3 2010 Racing Sony Computer Entertainment 2.59 5.11 0.80 1.92 10.42
2 Gran Turismo 5 Prologue PS3 2007 Racing Sony Computer Entertainment 1.25 1.79 0.57 0.52 4.12
3 Gran Turismo (PSP) PS3 2009 Racing Polyphony Digital 0.43 1.40 0.31 0.67 2.82

X360 Halo - 40.05m

PS3 Gran Turismo -  17.36m

There really isn't that much of a competition.  If you are trying to start a fan war, bravo because you will achieve it.  But Halo has been a much bigger franchise all generation.

Lol look at this butt-hurt person who thinks a fair comparison is the following:

GT5 vs. Halo 3, Halo:Reach, Halo 4, Halo 3: ODST, Halo Wars, Halo CE COMBINED.

For an allegedly unbiased individual you certainly convince yourself of absurdities to suit a certain agenda...

Read the title "GT5 passes Halo Reach." Now explain why your post is anything other than trolling.

Around the Network
bevochan said:
walsufnir said:
DirtyP2002 said:
bevochan said:
Carl2291 said:

you were included. -.-

I know my true colors.  I'm a PS3 fan!  But I don't take it personally if a xbox person say that xbox console is more superior or xbox games sell better.  I don't really care because it's a video game. 

When the PS3 console surpasses xbox360 console in global sales in few weeks, is a xbox person going to say that was because of heavy bunding with games?!

It is! That's why I use smilies a lot - don't take anything too serious. Some choose words in their posts I just can't stand I don't know why they use it. Somehow it seems important to them.

And no, PS3 is a very good selling console, just like the 360 still is (considering it's really old know and still sells about 80k per week). I don't have a problem to say that PS3 has impressive sales. To me both consoles sell still great at this point of generation and both can still sell great in the next years. Especially 360 if MS really releases a 99$-version of it.

pezus said:
spurgeonryan said:
pezus said:

Wtf happened here?

I'm guessing: "bundles" "digital sales" and everyone's favorite: "sales this generation"

OT: Congrats to GT5! Shows how big GT is, and always has been. Consistent 10m sellers, just like the main Halo games are now (they weren't before this gen).

Do you mean, " What happened here and how did this thread push out 159 posts? Did I miss the last 4 years here? Why is this such a big deal? What if I made a thread " Mario outsells everything" Would it also be big?

So a game passed some other random game. I am missing the importance of this moment in time.

For everyone saying there are "no MS fans here" this thread is full of them and it shows in the post count. 

I see someone compared generational sales just as I thought

Oh and bundles is probably the favorite subject here. Saw someone bring up digital codes too 

??? Full of us? We were about 5 people ;)

pezus said:

Also when there's anything to do with Sony games or Sony accomplishments (or failures) the thread fills with more MS fans than even Nintendo fans. I guess many of them just like to stay in hiding during most discussions and then come out when there's something meaty to discuss.

Oh, I also remember many Sony-fans in MBPs Halo4-prediction-thread and remember a lot of them to have very bad prediction-skill. It's all what you like or want to see and especially what not.

pezus said:
walsufnir said:
pezus said:
spurgeonryan said:
pezus said:

Wtf happened here?

I'm guessing: "bundles" "digital sales" and everyone's favorite: "sales this generation"

OT: Congrats to GT5! Shows how big GT is, and always has been. Consistent 10m sellers, just like the main Halo games are now (they weren't before this gen).

Do you mean, " What happened here and how did this thread push out 159 posts? Did I miss the last 4 years here? Why is this such a big deal? What if I made a thread " Mario outsells everything" Would it also be big?

So a game passed some other random game. I am missing the importance of this moment in time.

For everyone saying there are "no MS fans here" this thread is full of them and it shows in the post count. 

I see someone compared generational sales just as I thought

Oh and bundles is probably the favorite subject here. Saw someone bring up digital codes too 

??? Full of us? We were about 5 people ;)

Lots of posts then lol.

I'll count

1. Jaywood (don't deny it...)

2. walsufnir

3. yo_john (he really wasn't one of the people talking this feat down though )

4. Ronster316

5. maximrace

6. DirtyP

7. Angelus (another one that didn't downplay it really)

8. Mr. Puggsly

9. renegaden7

10. barozi 

11. kowenicki

12. MoHasanie

Looking through the thread, some of you are sounding like (extremely) broken records...

And you didn't find any usual suspects of "your" side? Why? Also, mainly the posts came from me and I didn't downplay the sales, I was especially arguing the fact of bundling which is absolutely legit to me but pointed out that there are differences in bundling and said many times the comparisons are all crap. Also, you are just counting anyone you know of being an xbox-fan while ignoring most really didn't participate in the discussion.

pezus said:
walsufnir said:
pezus said:

Also when there's anything to do with Sony games or Sony accomplishments (or failures) the thread fills with more MS fans than even Nintendo fans. I guess many of them just like to stay in hiding during most discussions and then come out when there's something meaty to discuss.

Oh, I also remember many Sony-fans in MBPs Halo4-prediction-thread and remember a lot of them to have very bad prediction-skill. It's all what you like or want to see and especially what not.

The difference is that those fans don't have to make threads every once in a while about there being no PS fans here or complain about certain fanbases. I said nothing about prediction skills here either. Just that MS fans say they are few, but then they all at once come into certain threads to do with Sony

this is definitely spoken too generally to me and therefore wrong. We have less MS-fans on this site, for sure. And yes, there are a few of us few who downplay certain numbers/achievements, just like "your" fellows. Nothing wrong with that because both sides have "bad" posters.