By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT5 passes Halo Reach in global lifetime sales!

So many off topic posts here. This thread is about the comparison of two games, not two franchises. If you cannot even talk about the topic of the thread, then its clear you're not getting the point and are probably exhibiting damage control. Also, I'm very disappointed at the people who have been baited by these posters into debates about franchise size, when its clear that the suspects were just trying to shift the topic into a completely different one in favor of a different game. All you had to say to stop these suspects was, "It doesn't matter. This isn't about franchises. You are sifting the topic because you cannot accept the current one" and that's it.

I mean, its really sad that some people are going through this obvious denial stage because they cannot accept the current situation. The ironic thing is, the data that people are bring in - the fact that Halo has been shitting on Gran Turismo this entire generation - is even more of a reason to discuss the two games rather than two franchises. Come on....we're talking about Halo which, as a series, has sold what.... 2-3 times Gran Turismo as a series this gen (nevermind the different number of games). Isn't it rather incredible that an installment from the much smaller franchise has best an installment from the bigger one? Isn't that much more newsworthy than Halo being bigger than Gran Turismo, which something we "obviously" already know.

Seriously, think of it like this. Imagine an open world game released alongside GTA5 and outsold it. That would be pretty impressive, right? It would be very silly for someone to come in yelling, "But if you add GTA5 + GTA4 + GTA: Episodes, then you will see that GTA is the much bigger franchise"....thank you Captain Obvious! That's why its so surprising that this game has outsold GTA. Same goes here. Halo has obviously been dominating Gran Turismo this generation - it sold over 10m before GT5 even released its first mainline game! that's a testament to how big Halo is - So now that GT has finally outsold a Halo game, I thinks that's much more surprising.

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
So many off topic posts here. This thread is about the comparison of two games, not two franchises. If you cannot even talk about the topic of the thread, then its clear you're not getting the point and are probably exhibiting damage control. I'm very disappointed at the people who have been by these posters into debates about franchise size, when its clear that the suspects were just trying to shift the topic into a completely different one in favor of a different game. All you had to say to stop these suspects was, "It doesn't matter. This isn't about franchises. You are sifting the topic because you cannot accept the current one" and that's it.

I mean, its really sad that some people are going through this obvious phase because they cannot accept the current situation. The ironic thing is, the data that people are bring in - the fact that Halo has been shitting on Gran Turismo this entire generation - is even more of a reason to discuss the two games rather than two topics. Come on....we're talking about Halo which, as a series, has sold what.... 2-3 times Gran Turismo as a series (nevermind the different number of games). Isn't it rather incredible that an installment from the much smaller franchise has best an installment from the bigger one? Isn't that much more newsworthy than Halo bring bigger than Gran Turismo, which something we "obviously" already know.

Seriously, think of it like this. Imagine an open world game released alongside GTA5 and outsold it. That would be pretty impressive, right? It would be very silly for someone to come in yelling, "But if you add GTA5 + GTA4 + GTA: Episodes, then you will see that GTA is the much bigger franchise....thank you Captain Obvious! That's why its so surprising that this game has outsold GTA. Same goes here. Halo has obviously been dominating Gran Turismo this generation - it sold over 10m before GT5 even released its first mainline game! that's a testament to how big Halo is - So now that GT has finally outsold a Halo game, I thinks that's.much more surprising.

GT5 outselling a Halo game is definitely much of an achievement, yes. But it is also important that the biggest franchise Sony has done so, so that means that there are still exclusives with "weight" and not everything has to bow down to COD.

walsufnir said:

GT5 outselling a Halo game is definitely much of an achievement, yes. But it is also important that the biggest franchise Sony has done so, so that means that there are still exclusives with "weight" and not everything has to bow down to COD.

Not sure why you brought up CoD.

My post was directed at posters like Jaywood and DirtyP trying to shift the topic away from comparing the games to comparing the franchises.  I had only read the beginning of the thread and had to make a post because it seemed to be the prevailing theme for the first third of the thread.

The second third of the thread seems to be about bundles. And the last third is probably about bundles too, but I probably won't read it.

Jay520 said:
walsufnir said:

Not sure why you brought up CoD.

My post was directed at posters like Jaywood and DirtyP trying to shift the topic away from comparing the games to comparing the franchises.  I had only read the beginning of the thread and had to make a post because it seemed to be the prevailing theme for the first third of the thread.

The second third of the thread seems to be about bundles. And the last third is probably about bundles too, but I probably won't read it.

The reason why I brought it up is in my post.

Fanboy war thread.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
@Pezus

do you own a mirror?

and can you tell me what was wrong with my one post (as opposed to your many)

I dont think he was saying that you acted out. I believe he was just naming pro xbox guys i think

There were people who leaked anal juice in this thread but you were not one of them

walsufnir said:
Jay520 said:
walsufnir said:

Not sure how outselling Halo in any way lessens the magnitude of GT "bowing down" to CoD. I'm not sure what you mean by "bowing down", but if you mean "selling less", then GT is still selling less than CoD; outselling a Halo game doesn't change that. And GT as an exclusive has always had weight; outselling a Halo game doesn't change that. 

I'm sorry but I'm confused.

Jay520 said:
walsufnir said:
Jay520 said:
walsufnir said:

Not sure how outselling Halo in any way lessens the magnitude of GT "bowing down" to CoD. I'm not sure what you mean by "bowing down", but if you mean "selling less", then GT is still selling less than CoD; outselling a Halo game doesn't change that. And GT as an exclusive has always had weight; outselling a Halo game doesn't change that. 

I'm sorry but I'm confused.

No, I wanted to say especially that it is important that both MS and Sony still have at least one big exclusive with massive sales and that not every exclusive game gets destroyed saleswise by COD. Otherwise the importance of exclusives would be less than we all want them to be.

walsufnir said:

No, I wanted to say especially that it is important that both MS and Sony still have at least one big exclusive with massive sales and that not every exclusive game gets destroyed saleswise by COD. Otherwise the importance of exclusives would be less than we all want them to be.

OOookaay...(?)  GT has always been big though...before it outsold Halo Reach and after it outsold Halo Reach. So what made you bring that up in this thread. How does your point relate to the topic, which is about GT outselling Reach? What does the topic of the thread (GT outselling Reach) have to do with your point (the importance of both MS and Sony having a big exclusive, and not being destroyed by CoD)?

Jay520 said:
walsufnir said:

OOookaay...(?)  GT has always been big though...before it outsold Halo Reach and after it outsold Halo Reach. So what made you bring that up in this thread. How does your point relate to the topic, which is about GT outselling Reach? What does the topic of the thread (GT outselling Reach) have to do with your point (the importance of both MS and Sony having a big exclusive, and not being destroyed by CoD)?

I added an opinion to a topic. Nothing more and nothing less. What did you expect? 1000 posts of "nice", "great" or "couldn't care less"? If you want to criticize every post which adds an own opinion to a topic, just do so. I already said it's an accomplishment. What else is there to say for you? And GT wouldn't be the first franchise that goes down in sales over years, if it did.