By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT5 passes Halo Reach in global lifetime sales!

All this means is there are more GT5 fans than Halo Reach fans.....What does it matter?

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
1 Halo 3 X360 2007 Shooter Microsoft Game Studios 7.73 2.72 0.13 1.18 11.77
2 Halo: Reach X360 2010 Shooter Microsoft Game Studios 6.71 1.80 0.08 0.85 9.43
3 Halo 4 X360 2012 Shooter Microsoft Game Studios 5.63 1.80 0.04 0.76 8.23
4 Halo 3: ODST X360 2009 Shooter Microsoft Game Studios 4.20 1.29 0.06 0.60 6.15
5 Halo Wars X360 2009 Strategy Microsoft Game Studios 1.32 0.74 0.04 0.22 2.32
6 Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary X360 2011 Shooter Microsoft Game Studios 1.29 0.62 0.04 0.21 2.16
1 Gran Turismo 5 PS3 2010 Racing Sony Computer Entertainment 2.59 5.11 0.80 1.92 10.42
2 Gran Turismo 5 Prologue PS3 2007 Racing Sony Computer Entertainment 1.25 1.79 0.57 0.52 4.12
3 Gran Turismo (PSP) PS3 2009 Racing Polyphony Digital 0.43 1.40 0.31 0.67 2.82

X360 Halo - 40.05m

PS3 Gran Turismo -  17.36m

There really isn't that much of a competition.  If you are trying to start a fan war, bravo because you will achieve it.  But Halo has been a much bigger franchise all generation.

What does it matter? Proving one genre franchise is more popular than another genre franchise on a console is important because...?

lol "reaching" much are we? Pass Halo 3 and we will talk.

Take the number of Halo sales this gen. Then take the number of sales GT did this gen.

Ya....

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:

Take the number of Halo sales this gen. Then take the number of sales GT did this gen.

Ya....

And what will any of that prove? There are more Halo fans as opposed to GT fans is of vital importance to know because? This crap stops gaming being a mature community. 

sales2099 said:

Ya....

LOL, I just addressed this issue about ten posts up.

Your post is off topic..

Around the Network
Mazty said:
All this means is there are more GT5 fans than Halo Reach fans.....What does it matter?

This website is based around sales comparisons and their implications to the real world.

Jay520 said:
sales2099 said:

Ya....

Your post is off topic..

I didnt read the posts and I disagree that it is off topic. More like its a offshoot of the topic and just a observation.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Jay520 said:
Mazty said:

This website is based around sales comparisons and their implications to the real world.

So knowing there are more GT5 fans than Halo reach fans means what for the real world exactly? The figure is so minute it's not worth considering - nothing useful is gained from this "gem" of information. 

sales2099 said:
Jay520 said:
sales2099 said:

Ya....

Your post is off topic..

I didnt read the posts and I disagree that it is off topic. More like its a offshoot of the topic and just a observation.

I'll just repost:

So many off topic posts here. This thread is about the comparison of two games, not two franchises. If you cannot even talk about the topic of the thread, then its clear you're not getting the point and are probably exhibiting damage control. Also, I'm very disappointed at the people who have been baited by these posters into debates about franchise size, when its clear that the suspects were just trying to shift the topic into a completely different one in favor of a different game. All you had to say to stop these suspects was, "It doesn't matter. This isn't about franchises. You are sifting the topic because you cannot accept the current one" and that's it.

I mean, its really sad that some people are going through this obvious denial stage because they cannot accept the current situation. The ironic thing is, the data that people are bring in - the fact that Halo has been shitting on Gran Turismo this entire generation - is even more of a reason to discuss the two games rather than two franchises. Come on....we're talking about Halo which, as a series, has sold what.... 2-3 times Gran Turismo as a series this gen (nevermind the different number of games). Isn't it rather incredible that an installment from the much smaller franchise has best an installment from the bigger one? Isn't that much more newsworthy than Halo being bigger than Gran Turismo, which something we "obviously" already know.

Seriously, think of it like this. Imagine an open world game released alongside GTA5 and outsold it. That would be pretty impressive, right? It would be very silly for someone to come in yelling, "But if you add GTA5 + GTA4 + GTA: Episodes, then you will see that GTA is the much bigger franchise"....thank you Captain Obvious! That's why its so surprising that this game has outsold GTA. Same goes here. Halo has obviously been dominating Gran Turismo this generation - it sold over 10m before GT5 even released its first mainline game! that's a testament to how big Halo is -So now that GT has finally outsold a Halo game, I thinks that's much more surprising.

Mazty said:
Jay520 said:
Mazty said:

So knowing there are more GT5 fans than Halo reach fans means what for the real world exactly? The figure is so minute it's not worth considering - nothing useful is gained from this "gem" of information. 

If that's the argument you're making, then you must agree that the core of this website is pointless; which is an okay belief to have, but you should know this mentality is already heavily embedded into this site.