By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT5 passes Halo Reach in global lifetime sales!

walsufnir said:

Well, you could go to page 3 (I guess there it was) and count how many versions of ps3 were bundled with GT5 and considering that this game is the most popular Sony has you can make an educated guess that many copies are from bundling and especially that GT5 was bundled since release. So the "facts" are already in this thread.

There are no facts in here about the bundling. Nobody here have actual numbers of the amount of copies that were bundled for each games/series. 
All of your petty debating and e-peen contest is based on anecdotal evidences and cherry picking at best.

It's rather curious that any of you would feel the need/urge to argue any of this. I mean, why the heck should you care? 

Here's how I see it:

Halo is the most iconic FPS there is. 

Gran Turismo is the most iconic racer there is.

Both are freaking popular and sell like hot cakes because they represent the pinacle of their respective genre. 

So... where's the problem?

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
enditall727 said:
walsufnir said:
enditall727 said:
walsufnir said:
enditall727 said:
walsufnir said:
enditall727 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
enditall727 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Nobody is denying the Halo series has had some bundling.

However, not a single Halo game has seen as much bundling as GT5.

Thats because there are so many Halo's this gen compared to 1 GT

actually, how many times has GT5 been bundled know that you say that? I know here in America we just recently got a nenew GT5 bundle 

Bingo!

People boast about the massive numbers of GT5. But its also a game Sony has been bundling for years and is still currently doing so.

How many times have they bundled it?

Ask Sony - they know how many times they put GT5 in a box.

No, i'm asking the Pug since he stated it as if he knows factually

Nobody will ever know factually and I think you knew this from the start so the question was the first initial failure in this explicit point of discussion.

What exactly did i know from the start, walsufnir?

That there will be no numbers to your question "How many times have they bundled it?". We can only guess just like the whole site consists of guesses.

The guesses are based off of something so if you state it like its a fact then you(in general) should be able to present the reasoning behind it when asked.

Well, you could go to page 3 (I guess there it was) and count how many versions of ps3 were bundled with GT5 and considering that this game is the most popular Sony has you can make an educated guess that many copies are from bundling and especially that GT5 was bundled since release. So the "facts" are already in this thread.

There wasnt too much shown on page 3

But i'd much rather hear the pug's answer since he seems to know more than you

walsufnir said:
Hynad said:

The limited edition of the Halo 4 XBox 360 is still readily available at Walmart Canada. For 349CAN (Regular price is 199 for the 4GB and 299 for whatever other regular HDD version). So they're giving away the game with it. Since a controller is 50CAN. And that edition comes with 2. =P

Is there a link available? I only remember a limited edition and no bundling. It was this one: http://www.amazon.de/Xbox-Halo-Bundle-Limitierte-Edition/dp/B008M7VEIA/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1368790613&sr=8-6&keywords=halo+4

It is not available anymore officially because "limited edition".

Well, Walmart Canada still has it. My local store is proof of that. But here, the link you asked:

http://www.walmart.ca/canada-estore/catalog/productlistingpagecontainer.jsp?inputId=31464&categoryName=Consoles

That being said, I wasn't serious about it. Although you can still find that bundle/limited edition in my country, they're most likely left-overs. I was just pocking some fun. 

Cant we all be friends?!

Both games were great. Both games were bundled. Both franchises are the respective consoles biggest exclusives. Both franchises have the capability of selling 10 Million units.

I could understand the bundle chatter if the games were MASS bundled like Forza 3/ Gran Turismo 3, but its petty to bring up 10 limited bundles. It doesnt matter.

Hynad said:
walsufnir said:

There are no facts in here about the bundling. Nobody here have actual numbers of the amount of copies that were bundled for each games/series. 
All of your petty debating and e-peen contest is based on anecdotal evidences and cherry picking at best.

It's rather curious that any of you would feel the need/urge to argue any of this. I mean, why the heck should you care? 

Here's how I see it:

Halo is the most iconic FPS there is. 

Gran Turismo is the most iconic racer there is.

Both are freaking popular and sell like hot cakes because they represent the pinacle of their respective genre. 

So... where's the problem?

Why do you quote me especially? But either way, I already said we won't have any data. Thanks you share my opinion.

And there is no problem, it's just an entertaining discussion (at least for me).

Around the Network
Hynad said:
walsufnir said:
Hynad said:

The limited edition of the Halo 4 XBox 360 is still readily available at Walmart Canada. For 349CAN (Regular price is 199 for the 4GB and 299 for whatever other regular HDD version). So they're giving away the game with it. Since a controller is 50CAN. And that edition comes with 2. =P

Is there a link available? I only remember a limited edition and no bundling. It was this one: http://www.amazon.de/Xbox-Halo-Bundle-Limitierte-Edition/dp/B008M7VEIA/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1368790613&sr=8-6&keywords=halo+4

It is not available anymore officially because "limited edition".

Well, Walmart Canada still has it. My local store is proof of that. But here, the link you asked:

http://www.walmart.ca/canada-estore/catalog/productlistingpagecontainer.jsp?inputId=31464&categoryName=Consoles

So the limited edition there is not outsold already. No problem with that. But obviously it's the same edition.

Carl2291 said:
Cant we all be friends?!

Both games were great. Both games were bundled. Both franchises are the respective consoles biggest exclusives. Both franchises have the capability of selling 10 Million units.

I could understand the bundle chatter if the games were MASS bundled like Forza 3/ Gran Turismo 3, but its petty to bring up 10 limited bundles. It doesnt matter.

I already made a new friend because of this thread! :) I think the whole thread is pure fun and to me a nice discussion after a long time.

enditall727 said:
DirtyP2002 said:
walsufnir said:
enditall727 said:
walsufnir said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Wasn't Halo Reach and Fable 3 bundled for like two years?

Could be. But GT5 was bundled with fat, slim and superslim. Show me one Halo which was bundled with fat 360, redesign 360s and the new matte version.

GT5 wasnt bundled with the fat ps3 

Gt5 released in 2010 and that was after the slim ps3 was launched

Sony fans have to decide: Is GT5:P now a separate game or not? I was in a discussion with a person that wanted to put the sales of GT5P and GT5 together and GT5P was bundled.

This changes on a daily basis and depends on the discussion itself.

Of course it is a game. It was marketed as such and priced like it. The comparison with ODST is the best you can get. People will still tell you otherwise.

Its not really the best you can get because ODST is not a Halo 3, Reach or Halo 4 demo

I can play Halo 3 online with my ODST disc... -.-

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

walsufnir said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
walsufnir said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
walsufnir said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Both games were heavily bundled. All the Halos were heavily bundled until the successor came out and the same goes for Gears of War. GT5 just so happens to be the first full GT of the gen.

Ok come on, you know that is wrong. Halo-bundles died way before Halo 4 was released unless you can proove that they were bundled just before Halo 4. You try to say that there is a bundle-link for all Halos which is definitely not true and it is also not true for Gears of War. Why do you say so? Just to excuse the heavy bundeling of GT5? It's ok if it's bundled. But don't compare time-limited bundles to continually bundeling. This doesn't work.

Not true. Where I live halo Reach bundles were still selling with Fable 3. Gears 3 limited edition bundles were selling along side them (The red skull casing) early last year. I know this because every quarter I go to my neighborhood best buy and they were all still there. Kinect bundles were there as well.

Then this is at least not true for all regions. There are no Halo4-bundles here anymore and there were no GoW3-bundles until Judgment was released and no GoW2-bundles available until GoW3 was released and especially no (absolutely no) Halo-bundle (any Halo) available long before Halo4 was released. This shows that generally there was no bundle-linking.

Pray tell..where is it that you live?

A small country named Germany. And yes, we didn't have GoW2 but I get my forbidden games from austria and uk.

I live in America a rabid consumerist nation that's purchasing habits will never be sated. Ever heard of a day called Black Friday? Its the day doorbuster sales happen and retailers sell their wares at ridiculous markdowns to profit. When i went for Black friday 2011 all of those bundles were there and went. When I came back in March.....they returned. Back then I remember as well that if you bought a PC at best buy you got a Free Xbox 360 as well. :)

DirtyP2002 said:
enditall727 said:
DirtyP2002 said:
walsufnir said:
enditall727 said:
walsufnir said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Wasn't Halo Reach and Fable 3 bundled for like two years?

Could be. But GT5 was bundled with fat, slim and superslim. Show me one Halo which was bundled with fat 360, redesign 360s and the new matte version.

GT5 wasnt bundled with the fat ps3 

Gt5 released in 2010 and that was after the slim ps3 was launched

Sony fans have to decide: Is GT5:P now a separate game or not? I was in a discussion with a person that wanted to put the sales of GT5P and GT5 together and GT5P was bundled.

This changes on a daily basis and depends on the discussion itself.

Of course it is a game. It was marketed as such and priced like it. The comparison with ODST is the best you can get. People will still tell you otherwise.

Its not really the best you can get because ODST is not a Halo 3, Reach or Halo 4 demo

I can play Halo 3 online with my ODST disc... -.-

so what does that mean?

I guess that makes ODST a demo then?