By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT5 passes Halo Reach in global lifetime sales!

enditall727 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
enditall727 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
enditall727 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Nobody is denying the Halo series has had some bundling.

However, not a single Halo game has seen as much bundling as GT5.

Thats because there are so many Halo's this gen compared to 1 GT

actually, how many times has GT5 been bundled know that you say that? I know here in America we just recently got a nenew GT5 bundle 

Bingo!

People boast about the massive numbers of GT5. But its also a game Sony has been bundling for years and is still currently doing so.

How many times have they bundled it?

More than any single Halo game.

How exactly do you know this?

educated guess: time-limited bundles versus continuos bundling.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
enditall727 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
enditall727 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

actually, how many times has GT5 been bundled know that you say that? I know here in America we just recently got a nenew GT5 bundle 

Bingo!

People boast about the massive numbers of GT5. But its also a game Sony has been bundling for years and is still currently doing so.

Ask Sony - they know how many times they put GT5 in a box.

No, i'm asking the Pug since he stated it as if he knows factually

enditall727 said:
walsufnir said:
enditall727 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
enditall727 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Bingo!

Nobody will ever know factually and I think you knew this from the start so the question was the first initial failure in this explicit point of discussion.

walsufnir said:
enditall727 said:
walsufnir said:
enditall727 said:
walsufnir said:
enditall727 said:
walsufnir said:
enditall727 said:

I would rather wait for GT6 to arrive and then we could compare GT5 to Halo 3 and GT6 to Halo 4

GT6 is going to have a tougher time though because it is being released at the time of PS4's launch

Halo 4 was released a week before blops2... definitely the harder competition.

I dont know. I think Halo 4 would've did worse if it launched on 360 right when the 720 was coming out.

and Halo 4 has been on the market longer so that is why it will be hard to compare it with GT6. We will have to wait

No, we can make week-alligned comparisons, no problem. And Halo4 had harder competition for sure and was easily outsold by blops2 on 360 and ps3.

EVERY game was outsold by Black Ops 2 at the time..

Yes but Halo 4 was also a direct competitor as it was also a fps. So you still doubt it had harder competition than GT6 will have?

Oh you are talking about it being an FPS..

I guess it did have tough competition in that case. Why would they even release it so close to COD? ah who knows

Why would Sony let GT5 compete with PS4? ah who knows

Dumb decisions

They both had/will have competition

So we will see

walsufnir said:
enditall727 said:
walsufnir said:
enditall727 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
enditall727 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Bingo!

Nobody will ever know factually and I think you knew this from the start so the question was the first initial failure in this explicit point of discussion.

What exactly did i know from the start, walsufnir?

Around the Network
enditall727 said:
walsufnir said:
enditall727 said:
walsufnir said:
enditall727 said:
walsufnir said:
enditall727 said:
walsufnir said:
enditall727 said:

I would rather wait for GT6 to arrive and then we could compare GT5 to Halo 3 and GT6 to Halo 4

GT6 is going to have a tougher time though because it is being released at the time of PS4's launch

I dont know. I think Halo 4 would've did worse if it launched on 360 right when the 720 was coming out.

and Halo 4 has been on the market longer so that is why it will be hard to compare it with GT6. We will have to wait

No, we can make week-alligned comparisons, no problem. And Halo4 had harder competition for sure and was easily outsold by blops2 on 360 and ps3.

Yes but Halo 4 was also a direct competitor as it was also a fps. So you still doubt it had harder competition than GT6 will have?

I guess it did have tough competition in that case. Why would they even release it so close to COD? ah who knows

Dumb decisions

So we will see

The question was which competition is harder and it would be nice to know what you think about *before* it gets released. Afterwards it's always easy to judge ;)

enditall727 said:
walsufnir said:
enditall727 said:
walsufnir said:
enditall727 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
enditall727 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Bingo!

That there will be no numbers to your question "How many times have they bundled it?". We can only guess just like the whole site consists of guesses.

walsufnir said:
enditall727 said:
walsufnir said:
enditall727 said:
walsufnir said:
enditall727 said:
walsufnir said:
enditall727 said:
walsufnir said:
enditall727 said:

Dumb decisions

So we will see

The question was which competition is harder and it would be nice to know what you think about *before* it gets released. Afterwards it's always easy to judge ;)

are you asking which game i think will sell better before GT6 releases? If so, then i think Halo 4 will have sold more than GT6 when its all said and done. numbers are going to be hampered by the PS4 coming out. It would have been better if it released last year but its asking for too much

walsufnir said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Both games were heavily bundled. All the Halos were heavily bundled until the successor came out and the same goes for Gears of War. GT5 just so happens to be the first full GT of the gen.

Ok come on, you know that is wrong. Halo-bundles died way before Halo 4 was released unless you can proove that they were bundled just before Halo 4. You try to say that there is a bundle-link for all Halos which is definitely not true and it is also not true for Gears of War. Why do you say so? Just to excuse the heavy bundeling of GT5? It's ok if it's bundled. But don't compare time-limited bundles to continually bundeling. This doesn't work.

Not true. Where I live halo Reach bundles were still selling with Fable 3. Gears 3 limited edition bundles were selling along side them (The red skull casing) early last year. I know this because every quarter I go to my neighborhood best buy and they were all still there. Kinect bundles were there as well.

walsufnir said:
enditall727 said:
walsufnir said:
enditall727 said:
walsufnir said:
enditall727 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
enditall727 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Bingo!

That there will be no numbers to your question "How many times have they bundled it?". We can only guess just like the whole site consists of guesses.

The guesses are based off of something so if you state it like its a fact then you(in general) should be able to present the reasoning behind it when asked.