By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 surpassing Xbox 360 countdown: Let the end finally begin.

pezus said:
BHR-3 said:

thats sucks

the ps3 vs 360 sales war is what really brought me to this site

back then it was about playing defense stickin up for my console of choice it was what made me log in and post create threads and debate now with it about to end its more of a sad time like watching you favorite tv series end

that era in gaming will probably never be reproduced again nintendo being on top and sony and msf fans being very hostile towards each other

it also wont be the same on here that era (07-09) brought out alot of unique posters (some that will never be heard from again) and sales debate threads

even though ps3 wins in most sales as many knew back in 07, 360 really won the war it took over NA and parts of EU as well as grown globally

The war is ongoing and will continue this November . I don't see how 360 taking over NA and parts of EU makes it win the war though. Xbox was already disproportionally strong in NA 

I think he is saying that MSFT gained market while sony lost market.  Or maybe he is talking about profits.  Idk

Either way both has sold a lot and I wonder if both can reach 90m.  That would be interesting to see.

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:

I think he is saying that MSFT gained market while sony lost market.  Or maybe he is talking about profits.  Idk

Either way both has sold a lot and I wonder if both can reach 90m.  That would be interesting to see.

Hmm, Sony predicted similar lifetime sales for the ps4 and neXbox.... They just know M$ isn't going to go away.

WHAT THE HECK!?!?!

The gap was at 1.1 million only a few days ago. Huge Adjustements there, what a surprise, I thought 360 sales were tracked well with NDP giving actual sales figures in North America every month.

How the heck did 360 get adjusted down so much? If 100k gap is true, then PS3 should overtake the 360 by E3.

If it's indeed an error (I can't imagine it not being one), PS3 will have to wait until Gran Turismo 6.

----

HEY!!! PS2's sold number is the number I calculated on MY thread!!!

VGC should really hire me.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:

WHAT THE HECK!?!?!

The gap was at 1.1 million only a few days ago. Huge Adjustements there, what a surprise, I thought 360 sales were tracked well with NDP giving actual sales figures in North America every month.

How the heck did 360 get adjusted down so much? If 100k gap is true, then PS3 should overtake the 360 by E3.

If it's indeed an error (I can't imagine it not being one), PS3 will have to wait until Gran Turismo 6.

Both got adjusted up a lot. PS3 just got more massive adjustments.

pezus said:
BHR-3 said:

thats sucks

the ps3 vs 360 sales war is what really brought me to this site

back then it was about playing defense stickin up for my console of choice it was what made me log in and post create threads and debate now with it about to end its more of a sad time like watching you favorite tv series end

that era in gaming will probably never be reproduced again nintendo being on top and sony and msf fans being very hostile towards each other

it also wont be the same on here that era (07-09) brought out alot of unique posters (some that will never be heard from again) and sales debate threads

even though ps3 wins in most sales as many knew back in 07, 360 really won the war it took over NA and parts of EU as well as grown globally

The war is ongoing and will continue this November . I don't see how 360 taking over NA and parts of EU makes it win the war though. Xbox was already disproportionally strong in NA 

yeah but wheres Seece?

lets be honest here msf got alot of past ps2 owners to upgrade to 360, took online gaming to the next level and to this date is ahead of sony at that juncture managed to gain quite a few if not the majority of sonys past 3rd party exclusives besides a handful of exclusives there libraries are identical during gens 5 and 6 it was sonys console you would go to get the gamez remember driver? gta? final fantasy? mgs? resident evil?

Play Me

Around the Network
Gilgamesh said:

Now this thread only applies if recent adjustments are not a mistake, currently sales are now within 100K away. Recent shipped numbers between both companies has brought in some big adjustments.

So down to the nitty gritty, how many more weeks do you think it'll take for the PS3 to pass the X360?

What are your thought's on the X360 VS PS3 war this gen?

Has both consoles really won in the end?

Currently sales are:

There is no detailed sales yet, I'll update if these numbers are correct and I'll keep this thread going until PS3 takes 2nd place, which shouldn't be much longer. It took about 7 years but it'll finally pass the X360!

This thread deserves this awesome music:

Couple of weeks till the champagne pops!

pezus said:
Michael-5 said:

WHAT THE HECK!?!?!

Both got adjusted up, but PS3 by more.

It's not an error. Oh and GT5 is in the process of being updated. Remember your 8.5m prediction?

Oh wait, I can't read. I thought it said 72.2 and 72.1

360: 75.48 -> 77.2
PS3: 74.58 -> 77.1

---

This means PS3 and 360 both just beat PSP, which has 76.27 million sales.

And yes, I remember my 8.5 million prediction. I honestly did not see GT5 continuously selling in the top 30 4 years after it released. Remember it only opened to something like 3 million, this is all legs...or wheels.....whatever.

I'm not good at predictions, but I did predict that it wouldn't break 10 million before 2013 correctly

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:
pezus said:
Michael-5 said:

WHAT THE HECK!?!?!

Both got adjusted up, but PS3 by more.

It's not an error. Oh and GT5 is in the process of being updated. Remember your 8.5m prediction?

Oh wait, I can't read. I thought it said 72.2 and 72.1

360: 75.48 -> 77.2
PS3: 74.58 -> 77.1

---

And yes, I remember my 8.5 million prediction. I honestly did not see GT5 continuously selling in the top 30 4 years after it released. Remember it only opened to something like 3 million, this is all legs...or wheels.....whatever.

I'm not good at predictions, but I did predict that it wouldn't break 10 million before 2013 correctly

Bold: You might be wrong on that as it shows to have done just that lol. Might be adjusted back down though.

Michael-5 said:

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41399/Global/

PSP actually got adjusted up to 79 Million