By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are your thoughts on Nintendo?

Carl2291 said:
While this thread is still on going.

If Nintendo dont release Pokemon Snap U, then someone at Nintendo is a fucking idiot. Its a perfect title for Wii U. A Pokemon Snap sequel is long overdue. Theres a new Pokemon generation releasing. People like taking pictures. People like Pokemon.

Make the damn game, Nintendo.

Totally agreed, good sir. Totally agreed ...

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Around the Network
Gnac said:
Perhaps those of you who crave new IPs from Nintendo should make the effort to play the new IPs they have made, rather than just claiming that they haven't made any at all.

Some of us aren't awesome enough to blow the legs off of Frost Giants and watch the terrible physics do their job.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

BasilZero said:
Carl2291 said:
While this thread is still on going.

If Nintendo dont release Pokemon Snap U, then someone at Nintendo is a fucking idiot. Its a perfect title for Wii U. A Pokemon Snap sequel is long overdue. Theres a new Pokemon generation releasing. People like taking pictures. People like Pokemon.

Make the damn game, Nintendo.

Yes! +1 to this alongside a Pokemon MMO xD

As much as Id love a Pokemon MMO, I just dont think its possible right now.

The only way I could see them doing it, would be a generation per generation method. Start off with say, Kanto and Johto. Make this the core game. The "World of Warcraft" so to say. Every Pokemon from Red/Blue/Gold/Silver. Every location. Every town.

You have the Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova and Kalos regions/Pokemon as the expansions every Year or so. Your Burning Crusade, Lich King, Cata, etc.

Legendaries can be the bosses at the end of dungeons (Birds and Beasts). Uber Legendaries can be the bosses at the end of raids (Mew/MTwo, Lugia/Ho-oh).

You can craft Pokeballs, Medicines, Food, Fishing Rods, Flutes, Stuff for your Home. All of this can be auctioned. You can "fly" your Pokemon to your own home. Its a seperate instance, where all your owned Pokemon can be viewed or you can have private battles with friends.

Im hyping myself up now ;-;

Nintendo is nothing but the shadow of it's glorious past

JGarret said:
The first game I ever played was made by them, so there's the whole "special place" thing.

I like most of their products, they really make some unique, special games...some of the best, timeless games I've ever played were made by them.

With that said, they've been greatly disappointing me over the past two years, the way they handled the Wii's last two years and the transition to the Wii U have left a sour taste.

Everyone a bit different I guess.  I did n't get inot the Wii too much, but have had a lot of fun with the Wii U.

Stop hating and start playing.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
Gnac said:
KylieDog said:
Gnac said:
KylieDog said:
Gnac said:
Perhaps those of you who crave new IPs from Nintendo should make the effort to play the new IPs they have made, rather than just claiming that they haven't made any at all.

Yeah because buying Wii Sports Resort is totally how you send a message you want another Eternal Darkness style new IP.

How you deciphered my comment into that is a mystery for the ages.

You're suggesting support new IPs to get more ne IPs, ignoring the content like it is all the same.

No, I'm calling out the idiocy of claiming NO NEW IPS when new IPs have been created.

I'm not getting into an argument with you about what IPs there should be, because I know you can never be pleased.

You mean you know your arguments logic doesn't hold up when not generalising so are creating an excuse to not defend it.

What you're doing right now is the text equivalent of a drunkard arguing with his reflection. Stop it.

EDIT: OK then, check your wall.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Secondary brand if you're into consoles and a primary brand if you're into handhelds.

Kresnik said:
NintendoPie said:

I can't believe you didn't mention your love for Animal Crossing!

That is a very good point, NintendoPie!  Though, I don't love it like I used to.  And not as much as 3D/Kart/Pikmin/F-Zero.

Understandable. Pikmin and MK are some of the best series out there.

My Thoughts:

The Lead designers for Nintendo really thought up some great IP's and have a great studio which can make them work really well. However these same lead designers are getting old, and are really out of ideas. I mean the guy who invented Metroid is dead, and Miyamoto is in his 60's with no plans to retire.

Nintendo really needs to abandon the old Japanese tradition of "Elders know best" because there is lots of fresh blood in Japan which is capable of making excellent new IP's, and Nintendo really needs them. I mean I'm happy Retro Studio's is now managing Metroid, but I want to see them make their own IP.

That said, Nintendo is a great company. I almost abandoned Nintendo consoles when Wii came out, all the games I liked were sequels to Gamecube games, and nothing new was really pushing me to get a Wii, but I eventually caved in for Pikmin 3 (which is now a Wii U title). Still the consoles are nice to own, and the handhelds are amazing. I just wish Nintendo would publish as many excellent JRPG's for 3DS as they did for GBA. I miss the proper Golden Suns, and with the 3DS we finally recieved a proper Fire Emblem after nearly a decade.

Nintendo makes great games on both consoles and handhelds. I just wish they made more new IP's. On handhelds they introduce something new all the time, but for consoles.....they need fresh blood.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

I love Nintendo, but I do wonder if they've missed their opportunity in keeping the momentum rolling after the Wii. They should have invested in a number of studios and really flooded their new systems with first party software (which hopefully would have maintained the usual impeccable Nintendo quality). Instead they went conservative and hoped third parties would come back to them; they haven't and now things are looking very ugly.