By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 sales 10.66m units as of 31st March 2013

pezus said:

Lol, they shipped 130k GT4's!

And people thinks GT5 will stop to sell after GT6 or even PS3 will stop to sell after PS4.

That is PlayStation and Gran Turismo... Sony support their gamers.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
kowenicki said:

I dont think 9.4m mocks 10m.  do you?

10.66m not 10m.

Sorry that number is no longer accurate I just bought a copy again!!!!!

I'm really impressed with GT5 performance, I though that with less Playstation market share than before and competition from the Forza series it will sell less than 10M but damn nothing can't stop GT.

pezus said:
GT5 is a freakin' beast in Europe! 6.74m shipped! Will easily be the best selling GT there with 7m+ sales and it's also the best selling GT in Asia by a country mile. North America is the only place where it lags, but that's really due to GT3's hard bundle there.

The sales in NA are inline with GT4 in the same timeframe... in Europe and Asia the best selling GT ever... Japan was a disappointment and way below GT4.

My prediction is ready yet... GT5 will be the 2ND BEST SELLING GT!!!

Only 1.07m to catch GT4.

I'm readying this while eating my dinner. Trying to decide which is tastier.

Around the Network
Rafux said:

I'm really impressed with GT5 performance, I though that with less Playstation market share than before and competition from the Forza series it will sell less than 10M but damn nothing can't stop GT.

GT usebase is loyal... even if they lauch a GT for Wii U it will sell over 10 million lifetime.

ethomaz said:
PD removed the English part of the site... so 10,660k copies shipped.

It will pass GT1 in no time, and maybe GT4 too.  Making it the second best selling GT game.  I cant beleive the PSP game sold 4.2M that is crazy.  Europe loves GT

Very impressive GT5 numbers indeed, definately will outsell both GTs from the PS1 with way lower install base, probably would outsell GT4, but I think that GT6 will effectively cut GT5s legs and it will minimally fall short.

Also shame that GT2 didn't manage to get to 10m and GT4 most probably won't get to 12m ;-/

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Congratz to Gran Turismo and PD.

Fantastic numbers for GT5. Almost at 11 million!

Really nice to see the PSP version doing so well. It'll pass 5 million.