By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 sales 10.66m units as of 31st March 2013

GT is a beast! No sim racer tops it in quality or popularity.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network

Finally at 10 million seller for the PS3 other than a COD game!

I think for its lifetime, its sales will hit 11 million but not over that, cause GT6 will affect future sales.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:

Not true.  These are shipped numbers, not sold retailers.  This means  GTA4 has as well.

With the new PS3 "legacy" bundle GT5 is bound to sell over 12 million easily.

Not surprised. GT has legs. Around here its just the standard game people pick up whenever they buy a Playstation. Its almost as iconic for Playstation as Mario is for Nintendo. It will keep selling until GT 6 comes. The latest GT keeps selling indefinetly aslong as the System keeps selling.

GT PSP = Vita
GT4= Used and new PS2s.
GT5= PS3

If Vita doesn't get its own GT. GT PSP will sell aslong as PS Vita keeps selling.

Around the Network

What a BOOOIST!!

1.5m in 6 months, or 60,000 a week average! 2 years after releasing! Gran Turismo is just a monster franchise (with an unusual sales pattern).

I mean, GT4 is still selling 5,000 copies per week...

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:
I think this game is close to 10 million in real/customer sales.

~9.8m sold is my bet.

I'd agree with 9.5m ish

Undertracked by a similar number to Halo4 and Halo reach I reckon.

We won't ever know the real numbers for them as they are on digital as well, unless VGC figures a way to track digital.

I wonder how many Legacy bundles they have shipped though?  Sounds like a pretty decent sized number to end GT5 with a bang.

mutantclown said:
With the new PS3 "legacy" bundle GT5 is bound to sell over 12 million easily.

i think they should (and probably will) stop that bundle since GT6 is coming out. if people buy a PS3 with GT5, why would they go ahead and buy GT6?

JayWood2010 said:
MoHasanie said:

Not true.  These are shipped numbers, not sold retailers.  This means  GTA4 has as well.

How many do you think Halo 4 has shipped? 9 milion, maybe 9.5? 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54