By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Namco on Dark Souls 2 marketing: "treating it as a massive AAA title, would be nice to attract Skyrim players"

Porcupine_I said:
I would only get this game if it had some kind of easy mode. i tried to play Demon's Sould and failed hard.

on the other hand i do understand people who don't want to have a easy mode added, even if it is just an option it's not the same as having a game that you have to play this way no matter what.

so, i vote for two completely seperate editions. A hardcore one that goes the way of the original, and a casual one that allows saving and pausing or whatever.

lol

Dark Souls and Light Souls

Around the Network

Getting Demon Souls on (EU) Plus in June will see if I want to get it after playing that.

PSP Lifetime more than PSV+3DS Lifetime.

PLEASE!!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAKE AN INVITE FRIENDS OPTION!!!

I know they want to make the game challenging; but I love to do some adventuring with people I know!!!

EDIT: and a pause feature if playing offline!!!

arcane_chaos said:

PLEASE!!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAKE AN INVITE FRIENDS OPTION!!!

I know they want to make the game challenging; but I love to do some adventuring with people I know!!!

EDIT: and a pause feature if playing offline!!!

Yes!

SnakeDrake said:
yo_john117 said:
SnakeDrake said:
yo_john117 said:

If they add different difficulty levels, have a more standardized save system, and allow for pausing the game whilst in single player, then I will give this series another chance.

Demons Souls and Dark Souls had so much potential but the lack of the above made the games quite simply unplayable for me.

If they added the things you mentioned then i will abandon the series. 

Honestly, that's one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard of. Since when did options become such a sin in gaming?

For masochistic people like you (which I am assuming that you are since you are a fan of the absurd difficulty from the game :P ), the game would be just as hard as before.

Whining about these options is just as pointless as whining about all of the optional assists in the recent Forza games. Having them there does not affect you in any way whatsoever. It's actually quite a selfish notion to have the mindset that only you (and others like you, obviously) are allowed to have fun with the game.

All the things you had listed, you list them as an negative of the series. When in retro spec they help made what made this game great to me and fans of this series. This game appeal is not the difficulty, but the feeling of accomplishment when beating through a stage. And so what if its selfish of me and the fans. We brought the games and we actually played though them.

I get that but why do you think the addition of such things would take away the feeling of accomplishment you get when you beat a stage?

You would still be on the hardest difficulty (which I'm sure they would make just as hard if not harder than Demons Souls) so beating bosses and tough parts would still feel great. There would still be no autosave except whenever you beat a section (or sit at a bonfire ala Dark Souls) and for people that want to; they could save whenever they want manually. And being able to pause during the single player game would not effect you in the least since you wouldn't have to do that either.

I find myself saying this very often on this site. I simply can't understand how people think options are a sin in gaming. Options are never a bad thing. Even if an option sucks or is pointless it's still an option so it won't effect you because you don't have to use it.

I bought Dark Souls and found it to be near unplayable so why am I the one who has to be punished for not being one of the few people that has the patience or time to play through the entire game.

So again, explain to me how those three things could possibly negatively effect you if you never have to use them.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
I was just going to say what Yo_john said. The difficulty has to be customizable. Beat it on hard and get something really cool, but have the option for easy as well. Might help.

But that won't work!  The game is built around an invading/summoning system that requires a set difficulty level.  I am tired of difficulty settings in all open world and RPG games.  Certain games are meant to be played a certain way, and making it so you can sponge bullets or die in one hit is pointless.

This is how the game is meant to be played!

P.S. You can save, just quit!  It is saving constantly!

Chandler said:
I have no problem with them impelementing easy mode but it should be completely seperated from the normal game. Like easy mode = offline only.

Ok I could be ok with this I suppose, but then the game is kinda pointless isn't it?

yo_john117 said:
SnakeDrake said:
yo_john117 said:
SnakeDrake said:
yo_john117 said:

If they add different difficulty levels, have a more standardized save system, and allow for pausing the game whilst in single player, then I will give this series another chance.

Demons Souls and Dark Souls had so much potential but the lack of the above made the games quite simply unplayable for me.

Honestly, that's one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard of. Since when did options become such a sin in gaming?

For masochistic people like you (which I am assuming that you are since you are a fan of the absurd difficulty from the game :P ), the game would be just as hard as before.

Whining about these options is just as pointless as whining about all of the optional assists in the recent Forza games. Having them there does not affect you in any way whatsoever. It's actually quite a selfish notion to have the mindset that only you (and others like you, obviously) are allowed to have fun with the game.

All the things you had listed, you list them as an negative of the series. When in retro spec they help made what made this game great to me and fans of this series. This game appeal is not the difficulty, but the feeling of accomplishment when beating through a stage. And so what if its selfish of me and the fans. We brought the games and we actually played though them.

I get that but why do you think the addition of such things would take away the feeling of accomplishment you get when you beat a stage?

You would still be on the hardest difficulty (which I'm sure they would make just as hard if not harder than Demons Souls) so beating bosses and tough parts would still feel great. There would still be no autosave except whenever you beat a section (or sit at a bonfire ala Dark Souls) and for people that want to; they could save whenever they want manually. And being able to pause during the single player game would not effect you in the least since you wouldn't have to do that either.

I find myself saying this very often on this site. I simply can't understand how people think options are a sin in gaming. Options are never a bad thing. Even if an option sucks or is pointless it's still an option so it won't effect you because you don't have to use it.

I bought Dark Souls and found it to be near unplayable so why am I the one who has to be punished for not being one of the few people that has the patience or time to play through the entire game.

So again, explain to me how those three things could possibly negatively effect you if you never have to use them.

Oh I had used them in a lot of games this gen. 

Dieing is an essential part of the game cause it has consequence losing souls, humanity progress. It keeps you focus at everything you do or see in the game, it keeps the tension up like a really good horror game should make you feel. Over coming the consequence by beating a stage it gives the player a sense accomplishment that would far weight out the frastration the player had during that stage. Add in manually saving and you take that all away from the player. And what would be the point of an easy setting if you add in manual saving.

Now about pausing the game I dont actually mind it Dark Souls has auto save you just go to a quite spot and quit the game and comeback at the same spot. As someone mention a pause wouldn't work online with players invading or joining your world/server. So it should only be done office.

Option that sucks or pointless are not a sin, they're just plain stupid.  I guess investing time and patience from a player is too much to ask for nowadays, especially for an rpg. 

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Captain_Tom said:
Chandler said:
I have no problem with them impelementing easy mode but it should be completely seperated from the normal game. Like easy mode = offline only.

Ok I could be ok with this I suppose, but then the game is kinda pointless isn't it?

There are a lot of people who unplug their consoles so they wont have to deal with invaders, and those people are also mostly the target for the easy mode.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

yo_john117 said:
SnakeDrake said:
yo_john117 said:
SnakeDrake said:
yo_john117 said:

I already explained it.  If you haven't beat the game..let alone beat the first boss then you'll prob never understand it...

Dark souls is meant to be a gruelling and punishing game plain and simple...Thats the main reason to play it..Most games these days are pretty much meant to be beaten and have an easy mode because they have a large narritive or something else to showcase...DS doesn't...DS is a throwback to old school RPGs and the days when you didn't know if you could beat a game when you picked it up at the store or not.