By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Favourite Love Story in Games?

Samus and the baby Metroid. It was such a powerful and stirring moment, I completely understand why Sakamoto felt the need to build a lengthy game filled with unskippable cutscenes around it.

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
Samus and the baby Metroid. It was such a powerful and stirring moment, I completely understand why Sakamoto felt the need to build a lengthy game filled with unskippable cutscenes around it.

The baby....

My favorite love story, hmmm. Kingdom Hearts maybe.

Carl2291 said:

f

Fantastic choice.

I'd say that Kaim and Sarah's is pretty good in LO (as well as the Ming and Jansen one). Nier and Yonah is pretty damn powerful, but it's a romantic love instead, it's a fatherly love.

Of course, FFIX and FFX immediately come to mind.

Persona 3 and 4 has some great romances, but they're more player driven rather than story driven.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

My favorite... is one in which it doesn't work out.

You play a main character who's main motivation is your basic "Save the princess/childhood love" motiation.

Only to find that when you get her back.  She's fallen in love with one of her captors. 

Who joins your party.  And he's so awesome you have to use em.

Pissed me off, got me upset, made my character question and kind of bitter at what he was saving the kingdom for... but not really, he had other attachments and knew he was on the right side....

but it hurt.

That was great... a game that actually evoked an emotional response with a real twist like that.

I like whenever a game goes against the grain a bit.

007BondAgent said:
BloodyRain said:
007BondAgent said:

finalfantasy ix

finalfantasy ix

finalfantasy ix

finalfantasy ix

finalfantasy ix

finalfantasy ix

finalfantasy ix

finalfantasy ix

finalfantasy ix

finalfantasy ix

finalfantasy ix

finalfantasy ix

finalfantasy ix

finalfantasy ix

finalfantasy ix

hehehehe :3

Hmmm I gonna take a wild guess and say that you really like ff IX

i'm obsessed with it, seriously i might need help over it.. i just cant help it though... it's just soooo flippin perfect!! ^.^ and the whole romance from that game is just soo kawaiiii

and to make things worse, when ever i wasn't playing it, i was thinking about it.. aha.. i even couldn't eat straight for weeks.. i wanted to know if they lived happily ever after LOL

Ill admit it, I did too (first play through I skipped the ending too!)

Hmm I would have to go with:  The Ultimate Sacrifice

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:

My favorite... is one in which it doesn't work out.

You play a main character who's main motivation is your basic "Save the princess/childhood love" motiation.

Only to find that when you get her back.  She's fallen in love with one of her captors. 

Who joins your party.  And he's so awesome you have to use em.

Pissed me off, got me upset, made my character question and kind of bitter at what he was saving the kingdom for... but not really, he had other attachments and knew he was on the right side....

but it hurt.

That was great... a game that actually evoked an emotional response with a real twist like that.

I like whenever a game goes against the grain a bit.

Bahamut Lagoon?

Yeah, Palpaleos is awesome, specially when he is in the same unit as the hero.

and

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Adell and rosalyn. A lot cliché, but moving anyway. I mean, in the disgaea universe and the humour coming with it, anything slightly romantic becomes moving; because it seems out of the place

And well, Angel beats main route that I don't want to spoil

Player2 said:

Bahamut Lagoon?

Yeah, Palpaleos is awesome, specially when he is in the same unit as the hero.

Can you read Japanese, or is there an English Translation I am unaware of. This is my genre of game, and I would love to play it.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

yes, to the moon like you already have in op.

already 4 people in this thread who thought that, pretty awesome!