Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bioshock Infinite 3.7million shipped

Talal said:
echoesfromthepast said:
Slimebeast said:
echoesfromthepast said:
Slimebeast said:
echoesfromthepast said:
I watched that game too - fairly decent as far as movies go

Do you often decide to watch the games on YouTube instead of playing them?

I didn't watch it on youtube, I played it. I was taking a jab at the game itself but apparently I attracted a lot of negative attention because of it

Ahhh... could you elaborate on that jab?

I hate cinematic games too, at least those who hold your hand. I really hope Bioshock Infinity isn't such a game.

Sure - I played the game on PC and here is my real-quick assessment.
It's extremely linear and extremely cinematic. Lots of people like that and I get that. But linear cinematic games make me feel like I'm just watching and not doing. I play video games to experience. Not to watch. Now, it was a beautiful game. But I value gameplay in my games and this one was just a room-to-room shoot-em-up with a four hour story painted on it.

It was a beautiful game though and had a high production value - the heroine was likeable - I think that might be what hooked a lot of people.

It's not that linear though. There is exploration, I guess you just chose not to explore. If you finished it in 4 hours then you must be some speed runner or something.

The combat was easy (I found it easy on hard). Other than that I loved the game.

I didn't finish it in 4 hours, I just guessimated that about 4 hours of it was me just watching the the 5ish hours was me shooting

Games can and should tell stories and share ideas through their mechanics. This is the intrinsic element of the medium and this is how experiences should be crafted in video games. No company does this as well as Nintendo and their echoes from the past.
  Aurum Ring  Delano7  Ocarinahero032

Around the Network

Squeenix would be disappointed

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Slimebeast said:
echoesfromthepast said:
Slimebeast said:
echoesfromthepast said:
Slimebeast said:
echoesfromthepast said:

I didn't watch it on youtube, I played it. I was taking a jab at the game itself but apparently I attracted a lot of negative attention because of it

I hate cinematic games too, at least those who hold your hand. I really hope Bioshock Infinity isn't such a game.

It's extremely linear and extremely cinematic. Lots of people like that and I get that. But linear cinematic games make me feel like I'm just watching and not doing. I play video games to experience. Not to watch. Now, it was a beautiful game. But I value gameplay in my games and this one was just a room-to-room shoot-em-up with a four hour story painted on it.

It was a beautiful game though and had a high production value - the heroine was likeable - I think that might be what hooked a lot of people.

Sad to hear this beacuse I had anticipated a fantastic experience with Bioshok Infinite, but I value gameplay in my games too.

I don't agree with him at all.  I beat it in around 12 hours and I didn't find it that cinematic at all.  I don't recall having control taken away from me that much.  I like cinematic games like Uncharted and stuff, but I just don't see how this game is cinematic.  As always to each his own.

Slimebeast said:

Sad to hear this beacuse I had anticipated a fantastic experience with Bioshok Infinite, but I value gameplay in my games too.

You'll be fine with the gameplay Slimebeast if you were okay with Oblivion or well previous Bioshock games. 

Slimebeast said:
bananaking21 said:
so looks like it massively undertracked here

...or there are lots of unsold copies lying on store shelves.

That seems doubtfull as discounts have been scarced and the game is still selling for 50$ on Amazon

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network
Ail said:
Slimebeast said:
bananaking21 said:
so looks like it massively undertracked here

...or there are lots of unsold copies lying on store shelves.

That seems doubtfull as discounts have been scarced and the game is still selling for 50$ on Amazon

just stopped in to say time to update your gaps in your sig

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Slimebeast said:
Quite bad for such a highly praised iconic game.

Almost 4 million in less than 2 months is bad?

echoesfromthepast said:
Slimebeast said:
echoesfromthepast said:
Slimebeast said:
echoesfromthepast said:

And that is what Max Payne 3 was too! Every 5 mins you get a 15 min cinematic. Graphics were awesome. Voice acting was awesome. Gameplay was great BUT SELDOM AM I PLAYING! It was linear and pseudo-on-rails experience.

green_sky said:
Slimebeast said:

You'll be fine with the gameplay Slimebeast if you were okay with Oblivion or well previous Bioshock games. 

Great. Don't compare it to Oblivion though lol

I liked the first Bioshock very much. Or maybe very much is a stretch but it was a special game. I am hoping Infinite will be real special too, as people say it's one of those games that made them think afterwards and stuff.

I heard they received a mail from Square Enix telling them how sorry they are for them.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’