By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bioshock Infinite 3.7million shipped

crissindahouse said:
do they count games sold digitally also as shipped or only those which they really sent to retailers?

No offense, but that's a stupid question. Of course they don't. Where do they ship it to? The internet?

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
echoesfromthepast said:
I watched that game too - fairly decent as far as movies go

Do you often decide to watch the games on YouTube instead of playing them?

I didn't watch it on youtube, I played it. I was taking a jab at the game itself but apparently I attracted a lot of negative attention because of it

Games can and should tell stories and share ideas through their mechanics. This is the intrinsic element of the medium and this is how experiences should be crafted in video games. No company does this as well as Nintendo and their echoes from the past.
  Aurum Ring  Delano7  Ocarinahero032

VGKing said:
crissindahouse said:
do they count games sold digitally also as shipped or only those which they really sent to retailers?

No offense, but that's a stupid question. Of course they don't. Where do they ship it to? The internet?

per data transfer to your home? i didn't read their financial report but you can very well include digital sales in your shipment data. no offense but if you have no clue about this possibility...

so no, it wasn't a stupid question, it's a very legit question.

edit: as example for music, the riaa shipment statistic http://76.74.24.142/FA8A2072-6BF8-D44D-B9C8-CE5F55BBC050.pdf

veritaz said:
echoesfromthepast said:

Watching one of the best video games ever instead of playing it is really a bad move.

Honestly, the combat is the worst part of the entire game. The enemies are bullet sponges, the weapons are lame (what happened to the awesome weapons from Rapture? Couldn't they have imperted them too?), the upgrades only change stats and don't even remotely make sense (why does every weapon you pick off the ground come with the exact same upgrades you purchased? ), the vigors are heavily unbalanced amongst each other (Return to Sender and Charge are nothing short of game breakers) and the AI is just plain bad.

If there is one game I'd recommend to "watch" on Youtube, it is Bioshick Infinite.

KHlover said:
veritaz said:
echoesfromthepast said:

Watching one of the best video games ever instead of playing it is really a bad move.

Honestly, the combat is the worst part of the entire game. The enemies are bullet sponges, the weapons are lame (what happened to the awesome weapons from Rapture? Couldn't they have imperted them too?), the upgrades only change stats and don't even remotely make sense (why does every weapon you pick off the ground come with the exact same upgrades you purchased? ), the vigors are heavily unbalanced amongst each other (Return to Sender and Charge are nothing short of game breakers) and the AI is just plain bad.

If there is one game I'd recommend to "watch" on Youtube, it is Bioshick Infinite.

Hense my comment - for me a game needs gameplay - but that's just me. I can appreciate differing opinions.

Games can and should tell stories and share ideas through their mechanics. This is the intrinsic element of the medium and this is how experiences should be crafted in video games. No company does this as well as Nintendo and their echoes from the past.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
krafty89 said:
bananaking21 said:
so looks like it massively undertracked here

Took 35mins for someone to say it!

Yeh quite clearly, even adding difital sales and "games on shelves" it seems massively undertracked

i'd say over 1 million undertracked, minimum. but if i were to estimate (or guess lol) i would say about 1.3~1.5 million undertracked

And the fact that they said that it had a higher sell through rate than the first two.

echoesfromthepast said:
Slimebeast said:
echoesfromthepast said:

I didn't watch it on youtube, I played it. I was taking a jab at the game itself but apparently I attracted a lot of negative attention because of it

Ahhh... could you elaborate on that jab?

I hate cinematic games too, at least those who hold your hand. I really hope Bioshock Infinity isn't such a game.

Slimebeast said:
echoesfromthepast said:
Slimebeast said:
echoesfromthepast said:

I hate cinematic games too, at least those who hold your hand. I really hope Bioshock Infinity isn't such a game.

Sure - I played the game on PC and here is my real-quick assessment.
It's extremely linear and extremely cinematic. Lots of people like that and I get that. But linear cinematic games make me feel like I'm just watching and not doing. I play video games to experience. Not to watch. Now, it was a beautiful game. But I value gameplay in my games and this one was just a room-to-room shoot-em-up with a four hour story painted on it.

It was a beautiful game though and had a high production value - the heroine was likeable - I think that might be what hooked a lot of people.

echoesfromthepast said:
Slimebeast said:
echoesfromthepast said:
Slimebeast said:
echoesfromthepast said:

It's extremely linear and extremely cinematic. Lots of people like that and I get that. But linear cinematic games make me feel like I'm just watching and not doing. I play video games to experience. Not to watch. Now, it was a beautiful game. But I value gameplay in my games and this one was just a room-to-room shoot-em-up with a four hour story painted on it.

It was a beautiful game though and had a high production value - the heroine was likeable - I think that might be what hooked a lot of people.

Sad to hear this beacuse I had anticipated a fantastic experience with Bioshok Infinite, but I value gameplay in my games too.

echoesfromthepast said:
Slimebeast said:
echoesfromthepast said:
Slimebeast said:
echoesfromthepast said:

It's not that linear though. There is exploration, I guess you just chose not to explore. If you finished it in 4 hours then you must be some speed runner or something.

The combat was easy (I found it easy on hard). Other than that I loved the game.