By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Sun Names Nintendo 3DS As The Best Console Ever

A couple of years ago they were saying this:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/3511602/Sun-tests-sickly-Nintendo-3DS.html

The Sun is a joke.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network

Sounds like The Sun is a bunch of dumb.

It's a nice console, but it's not quite there yet.

What? no votes for the dreamcast? :(

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
guess i'll find out later. trading in my DSi XL for a 3DS later today.

get 3ds xl.....

ohh please, this console has just been on the market for two years. does the 3DS has a lot of good games? yes. but can it match the library and diversity of consoles like the PS1 or PS2 ? certainly not. also, the DS library is much more bigger than the 3DS's. so how can the 3DS be the best console ever? what about the SNES? the 3DS library at the moment cant even outperform the library of the PS3 or 360

Around the Network

It's a nice compliment but it's premature.

Like Basil, I would go with either SNES or PS2 right now.

So far it is definitely the best console for 2013 by a mile and doesn't look to be slowing down, especially for gamers that grew up in the SNES/Genesis and Saturn/PS1/N64 eras due to the massive amount of platformers and RPGs that are arriving on the system besides.

Now if things keep going this pace, throwing in the DS library, the virtual console (even though it is currently limited to just the original Game Boy/Color games , Game Gear and the NES right now) and it very well may take the spot of best console ever. Not yey but it has the potential.

The key words here are "The Sun". I wouldn't take anything they have to say seriously.

Anyway, it's far too early to say that. It has done a great job at getting developers on-board in the past year or so, but I'd still say there are other consoles that have had a better first two years in terms of games. I'd say the hardware and the OS are holding it back too.

The best handheld of course. The best home console is and forever will be the N64

Not the best thing ever.. but it is a solid system and might become one of the best consoles ever.
As of writing, no.

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)