By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Sun Names Nintendo 3DS As The Best Console Ever

It honestly comes down to what types of games you like.

If it is japanese ones, 3DS is becoming very mouth watering. Western games then yer not that great.

Around the Network

To early in it's own lifetime to tell if it's in the "best consoles of all time" league.

Having said that, it already has an amazing software line-up, has amazing games coming up in the near future and it can only do better from there, so it very well be a contender for that title once it's all said and done with the console.

Personally, I love my 3DS. It's currently my most played device, surpassing even PC (which is something that very few consoles have done in recent years) and I don't see it slowing down.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

That's a little bit ridiculous. It's only been out for two years, so it would be unreasonable to expect it to rival the PS2, N64 or Super Nintendo, which is good because it doesn't rival them at all.

Perhaps the best ever two years after launch, but that's not what he said.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

It's good but no where near the best, that title belongs to the SNES and PS2

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

It's eventually become a good system, but let's no go overboard.

Around the Network

Handheld? Shaping up to be the best ever, I can agree upon.

Console? Sorry PS2 and SNES take that crown.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)