By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

retag!

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
think-man said:

Pokemon is a beast. 

USUM really hasn't been though. The uncombined SKUs of Sun/Moon each had 100 points more than the combined total of USUM. The 3DS is really showing its age in Japan.

Boutros said:

EDIT: And yes, I realize that this isn't a complete apples to apples comparison because USUM is a sequel/improved version, but even considering that, it's a pretty paltry performance.

Why the negativity? Considering how old and dated the 3ds is it ain't a paltry performance imo. Under performing yes but this is an updated version on a platform on its way out. 3ds can't keep selling big software forever. 

Kerotan said:
Teeqoz said:

USUM really hasn't been though. The uncombined SKUs of Sun/Moon each had 100 points more than the combined total of USUM. The 3DS is really showing its age in Japan.

EDIT: And yes, I realize that this isn't a complete apples to apples comparison because USUM is a sequel/improved version, but even considering that, it's a pretty paltry performance.

Why the negativity? Considering how old and dated the 3ds is it ain't a paltry performance imo. Under performing yes but this is an updated version on a platform on its way out. 3ds can't keep selling big software forever. 

I'd consider it more as being realistic that negative, but to each their own..

Just noticed that Sonic Forces still hasn't charted, anything in particular up with that or is it just selling really really badly?

Green098 said:
Just noticed that Sonic Forces still hasn't charted, anything in particular up with that or is it just selling really really badly?

Sonic is non existent in japan

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Green098 said:

Oh wow, you're right. I should probably stop thinking that just because it's a japanese franchise it's more likely to be bigger there.

Green098 said:
tbone51 said:

Oh wow, you're right. I should probably stop thinking that just because it's a japanese franchise it's more likely to be bigger there.

Its like metroid but actually not dead

It's a bit weird that the only version of Dragon Quest X: 5000 Year Journey is the PS4 version, while on Amazon it's by far the worst-selling one.

Interestingly the Wii U version is consistently in front of the Switch version, and even entered the Amazon Top 20 now. On Amazon the Wii U version is on 20, the Switch version on 23 and the PS4 version only on the 52nd spot, with a second Wii U version following on 55

Teeqoz said:
think-man said:

Pokemon is a beast. 

No... i mean... Just no.

Like you said, USUM is expected to perform way lower than SM, and honestly i always expected not so great performance for this game. Like, i really don't know why people expected so explosive performance.

If 3DS is showing its age, how is it up YOY? During its 7 year. After Switch released. I mean, that's actually insane, even if this won't be the case for the rest of the year, it's still absolutely absurd how for the first 10/11 months he did it. considering the situation at least, that's huge.

If this Pokémon is underperforming, well... maybe people just want a Pokémon on Switch and they don't care about Pokémon on 3DS anymore, which is difference from don't care about 3DS in general.

Ryng_Tolu said:
Teeqoz said:

No... i mean... Just no.

Like you said, USUM is expected to perform way lower than SM, and honestly i always expected not so great performance for this game. Like, i really don't know why people expected so explosive performance.

If 3DS is showing its age, how is it up YOY? During its 7 year. After Switch released. I mean, that's actually insane, even if this won't be the case for the rest of the year, it's still absolutely absurd how for the first 10/11 months he did it. considering the situation at least, that's huge.

If this Pokémon is underperforming, well... maybe people just want a Pokémon on Switch and they don't care about Pokémon on 3DS anymore, which is difference from don't care about 3DS in general.

3DS software in Japan is down over 20% YoY for fiscal year 2017. Support is slowing down. Fewer and fewer 3DS titles make it into the Media Create top 20, and like you admit yourself, it won't be up YoY when the year is over. All of these are signs of an aging platform. Don't be ridiculous Ryng.