By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

...a Wii game?

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network

I am happy to see that games are picking up after MH4 and Pokémon because I was afraid that in the state Japanese gaming market is, two huge games a month apart would kill everything else. Now it looks like we will see many games doing great numbers till the end of the year.

I hope it helps certain two platforms to pick up some steam and do, at least, not very good numbers instead of abysmal numbers.

WTF Wii? You just refuse to disappear, don't you!?

Kresnik said:

Michael-5 said:

I just wish you sorted it either by COMG, week 1 sales, or alphabetically.....by release date is confusing.

The second table is by ratio and the third table is going to be by COMG ranking.

... It's just a lot of effort.  I made the first table using VGC's tools, not excel, so I have to re-type everything out if I want to make a new table, or start from scratch in excel.  So now, I'd rather just keep it as it is since it's useable, even if you all keep moaning about it :P

edit: Besides, I don't think by release date is useless.  It shows you how ratios changed at the Vita's install base grows.

Well.....I never scrolled down....

looking forward to the third table, I think order by COMG is the most important.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

A PS4 and a Wii game, but WiiU still nowhere to be seen. SM3DW dangerously absent close to release

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
italo244 said:
After GE2, i hope dont take too long to Phantasy Star Nova and Soul Sacrifice Delta enter the chartz!

aren't those games not coming out for a long time? (march right?)

Other games will chart way before those do. PS4 games+SM3DW+LoZ+FF Vita+etc

trestres said:
A PS4 and a Wii game, but WiiU still nowhere to be seen. SM3DW dangerously absent close to release

SM3DW dangerously doing well on Amazon! LoZ also doing very well despite not charting here yet

lol guys stop being surprised by Wii, its Dragon Quest. That game would still chart if it was on NES.

tbone51 said:

SM3DW dangerously doing well on Amazon! LoZ also doing very well despite not charting here yet

First of all, pleeeeaaaasssseeee stop using Amazon.  It's so ridiculously different to COMG that it's just pointless.  Unless we're guessing which games are going to show up next (when it can be quite handy) but even then - as you've seen today, it's not always a good measure.

Secondly (I realise this is a bit hypocritical after my first point, but since you keep bringing it up!), SM3DW isn't doing dangerously well on Amazon.  It almost cracked the top 20 a few days ago but didn't, and now it has tumbled back down to #35.  While I'm sure it will show up here eventually, I don't understand your metric of "doing well".  It's been doing pretty damn poor on amazon, all things considered.

Thirdly, Zelda will show up.  But plenty of games shot to the top of amazon rankings but didn't show up for at least a week; if not longer.  It's the norm.  You need it to be sticking around in the top 10 of amazon for a good week or two, and then next time there's a chart reset it's a decent guess that it'll show up.

tbone51 said:
italo244 said:
After GE2, i hope dont take too long to Phantasy Star Nova and Soul Sacrifice Delta enter the chartz!

aren't those games not coming out for a long time? (march right?)

Other games will chart way before those do. PS4 games+SM3DW+LoZ+FF Vita+etc

Im talking about Vita games especifficaly(dont know how to type this)