By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Kresnik said:
tbone51 said:

SM3DW dangerously doing well on Amazon! LoZ also doing very well despite not charting here yet

First of all, pleeeeaaaasssseeee stop using Amazon.  It's so ridiculously different to COMG that it's just pointless.  Unless we're guessing which games are going to show up next (when it can be quite handy) but even then - as you've seen today, it's not always a good measure.

Secondly (I realise this is a bit hypocritical after my first point, but since you keep bringing it up!), SM3DW isn't doing dangerously well on Amazon.  It almost cracked the top 20 a few days ago but didn't, and now it has tumbled back down to #35.  While I'm sure it will show up here eventually, I don't understand your metric of "doing well".  It's been doing pretty damn poor on amazon, all things considered.

Thirdly, Zelda will show up.  But plenty of games shot to the top of amazon rankings but didn't show up for at least a week; if not longer.  It's the norm.  You need it to be sticking around in the top 10 of amazon for a good week or two, and then next time there's a chart reset it's a decent guess that it'll show up.

It did make top 20 actually it went up to 15 and stayed top 20 for 2 or 3 days. If you watch amazon and see where some games end up and for how long it can give you a hint if it will do well or not. COMG  doesn't have many WiiU owners apparently since games tend to do more than wat points show up. There have been numerous times in which 3ds games become 3rd-5th place here in points weekly but overall are number 1 (Tysuya Rank  proves my point with Sony being favored there). 

Around the Network

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Does anyone have any data for how previous Hatsune Miku games did on COMG?

Boutros said:

Very interesting week !

God eater 2 Vita in fire !

a wild PS4 game appears !

and... a Wii not U Game ? O_o

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

tbone51 said:

It did make top 20 actually it went up to 15 and stayed top 20 for 2 or 3 days. If you watch amazon and see where some games end up and for how long it can give you a hint if it will do well or not.

Trust me, Tbone, I love checking amazon.jp rankings.  But you just seem to bring it up every other day in this thread; so I was suggesting you cool down with it for a bit.  Between Meret posting the top 5 rankings every time a new 3DS game enters and you saying "but amazon!" every time Mario keeps not showing up, I just find it a little... frustrating!  (And I feel like I'm more likely to get through to you about it than Meret :P)

Maybe we should open up a separate amazon.jp ranking thread so everyone can discuss it to their heart's content over there.

But perhaps I'm also just tired of reading about inheritance tax and it's made me a bit grumpy; so let me be clear that I don't mean to offend you with this post.  If you want to keep posting about amazon in here, go ahead; it was just a suggestion for my own sanity :P

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
trestres said:
A PS4 and a Wii game, but WiiU still nowhere to be seen. SM3DW dangerously absent close to release

SM3DW dangerously doing well on Amazon! LoZ also doing very well despite not charting here yet

You really hate baby seals, don't you?

Goooooooooo God Eater 2 damn it Tbone you got me doing this!!!!

A PS4 game!!! And its Yakuza interesting to see how it will perform compared to the ps3 version.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

SnakeDrake said:
Goooooooooo God Eater 2 damn it Tbone you got me doing this!!!!

A PS4 game!!! And its Yakuza interesting to see how it will perform compared to the ps3 version.

lol, it deserves Gooooooooooooo!

Doing well, a 400k opening i see with vita version alone

forest-spirit said:
tbone51 said:
trestres said:
A PS4 and a Wii game, but WiiU still nowhere to be seen. SM3DW dangerously absent close to release

You really hate baby seals, don't you?

I think he doens't get that joke. Good thing kresnik went directly to the point.

But, now he is in denial O.o

OT: DQX Wii, that was unexpected, and appeared surprinsingly with some days in advance. Oh well...

I wonder if Knack could be big like how Parappa The Rapper and Crash Bandicoot were?

So Yakuza is the 1st PS4 title to break the top 20. I hope Knack will be like the 2nd or 3rd lol