By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

To say FF15 had little marketing is really rich. Huge billboards early this year, in-store marketing, big event presentation and a movie release, tell a completely different story. Due to the delay some stores decided to focus on closer releases, nothing more, the final push will always be close to launch and it won´t be different with FF15. The delay is one of the more beneficial move they did, they won´t compete with Persona 5, there will be a wave of hardware sales due to a new PS4 SKU to take advantage of and FF15 launch is well positioned to take advantage of the upcoming holiday season. 1st week now even contains some December days.

Around the Network
Viktor said:
To say FF15 had little marketing is really rich. Huge billboards early this year, in-store marketing, big event presentation and a movie release, tell a completely different story. Due to the delay some stores decided to focus on closer releases, nothing more, the final push will always be close to launch and it won´t be different with FF15. The delay is one of the more beneficial move they did, they won´t compete with Persona 5, there will be a wave of hardware sales due to a new PS4 SKU to take advantage of and FF15 launch is well positioned to take advantage of the upcoming holiday season. 1st week now even contains some December days.

Real talk.

Put the blame on past marketing fuck ups caused by 10 years of development hell, blame the Raitoningu-saga. SE is working with the little positives there are left and is doing a good job, that does not mean a miracle will happen.

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

BraLoD said:
AZWification said:
Game over for Persona 5? Also, go Pokemon!

If it don't deliver today and can't boost after the weekend, pretty much.
P5 has not much room to give now, either it start raising considerably soon or P4 will cross it.

Could the shortages of ps4 hardware affect the pre-orders for persona?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=215883861&postcount=486

YSO predictions

01. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 3: Sushi / Tempura < 25k (average 20k)
02. [PS4] Tokyo Xanadu Ex+ < 20k (average 15k)
03. < 10k

Kresnik said:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=215883861&postcount=486

YSO predictions

01. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 3: Sushi / Tempura < 25k (average 20k)
02. [PS4] Tokyo Xanadu Ex+ < 20k (average 15k)
03. < 10k

Is that bad, it sounds bad. 

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
ZODIARKrebirth said:

Could the shortages of ps4 hardware affect the pre-orders for persona?

I doubt it.
People who want Persona 5 already got the system at this point, most likely.

I doubt that.  Out of the hundreds of thousands who will get P5 this year I'd imagine a decent % will buy the ps4 after the slim comes out. 

Acevil said:
darthdevidem01 said:

XV maintains its consistency!!
I think post TGS we will see a massive blowout. XV never has had an epic story trailer after the initial reveal one. XIII's true hype began post its fantastic TGS trailer.
The marketing for XV has been piss poor...I expect a huge ramp up post TGS. We probably got nothing huge as the devs knew it would be delayed all of July/August possibly.
No the game won't match XIII week 1. But I sure as hell expect XIII-2 to be eclipsed by a huge amount. Could be wrong but even XIII-2 at this point in its marketing cycle had had more substantial stuff.

How can you say Final Fantasy XV has had piss poor marketing when they literally released a movie to hype up the game. That is more than a lot of franchises, and is typically considered a good marketing move when it does happen.

Yes actually what I said was quite insulting to S-E's Marketing department and incorrect. I actually forgot about kingsglaive despite having seen it a few days ago LOL

Let me rephrase what I meant. FFXV has had a whole load of expensive marketing but it has been misguided, shoddy and piss poor in quality (barring the anime...which has a very limited audience though)...so much so that I erronously forgot it has had marketing haha  

Uncovered was grand and as far as we know S-E was super pleased with XV preorders in western territories over late spring/summer.

But ever since E3 the marketing, although present has been a trainwreck. The buggy E3 on stage demo, the awful afrojack e3 trailer, kingsglaives absolute destruction from critics and very limited release with nonexistent marketing. You can't just dump a movie in hardly any theatres and call it a day.

Focussing on Japan, apparently kingslaive's Japanese voices dont even have audio sync and the Japanese VA is sub par compared to western VA for it. So yeah XV has had great marketing, purely in theory. Very little compelling stuff from the game itself has reached mainstream audiences. The last thing they really got was the afrojack trailer....lolmao 

It is sad as the game looks to be equal parts ambitious, innovative and provides quite an honest homage to the series from all we have seen. They just havent got this across in trailers. I pray TGS changes that. Like the guy above said the delay has hopefully been the best move and we will see it spike...but the sins of the past ten years and the lack of a unanimously positively received FF since 15 years will be hurdles even the Regalia won't be able to swoop over.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

BraLoD said:
Kerotan said:

I doubt that.  Out of the hundreds of thousands who will get P5 this year I'd imagine a decent % will buy the ps4 after the slim comes out. 

Why would they have been waiting all this time?
Sure some are waiting for it now, but Persona 5 was already quite close to launch when the leak happened, so the vast majority of them should already have had a PS4 or bought one recently.

Let's P5 sells 750k over the next 6 months.  It's not unreasonable to think 200k of them haven't bought it yet.  Making these numbers up,  but you get the point. 

Kerotan said:
BraLoD said:

Why would they have been waiting all this time?
Sure some are waiting for it now, but Persona 5 was already quite close to launch when the leak happened, so the vast majority of them should already have had a PS4 or bought one recently.

Let's P5 sells 750k over the next 6 months.  It's not unreasonable to think 200k of them haven't bought it yet.  Making these numbers up,  but you get the point. 

That isn't what he is talking about, he is talking about preorders numbers which really are only reflected in day 1 sales and the lack of PS4 hardware in the past week effect on it. Which would be little effect.  He is not talking about 20 days from launch, or 20 months from launch.

WC4Life said:

Real talk.

Put the blame on past marketing fuck ups caused by 10 years of development hell, blame the Raitoningu-saga. SE is working with the little positives there are left and is doing a good job, that does not mean a miracle will happen.

Well, I'm not olny blaming marketing. I mean, I'm the first one that thinks that Lightning did the most for the declining. I'm just informing how bad is the situation out there. Square Enix is not doing a great job right now, and in my opinion, Tokyo Game Show won't be the inflection point. From October 1st a new quarter starts, and marketing push on Final Fantasy XV must be one of the first things the company should invest on.