By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Acevil said:
Kerotan said:

Let's P5 sells 750k over the next 6 months.  It's not unreasonable to think 200k of them haven't bought it yet.  Making these numbers up,  but you get the point. 

That isn't what he is talking about, he is talking about preorders numbers which really are only reflected in day 1 sales and the lack of PS4 hardware in the past week effect on it. Which would be little effect.  He is not talking about 20 days from launch, or 20 months from launch. 

A lot of people would have bought a ps4 for P5 the month prior to its release but are now instead waiting to get the slim with a price cut. This will have a negative effect on the pre orders but a positive effect on the ratio. 

Around the Network

Weekly ranking (2016.09.05):

1 PS4 end of prophecy and Dragon Quest king of Heroes II twins 59 pt
2 PS4 Witcher 3 Wild Hunt Game of the Year Edition 30 pt
3 3DS specter watch 3 Sushi 24 pt
4 PS4 Tales of Beruseria 19 pt
5 3DS specter watch 3 tempura 17 pt
PS4 6 THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV 13 pt
7 PS3 Tales of Beruseria 13 pt
PS4 8 No Man'S Sky Norman's Sky 12 pt
9 3DS star Kirby Lobo ball Planet 12 pt
10 3DS Pokemon alpha sapphire 12 pt
11 3DS Pokemon omega ruby 11 pt
12 PS4 Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- X HD 10 pt
13 PS4 Rainbow Six Siege 10 pt
WiiU 14 MINECRAFT: Wii U EDITION 9 pt
15 PS3 Sengoku BASARA Yukimura Sanada Den 9 pt
16 3DS Dragon Ball Fusion's 9 pt
17 3DS Pazudorakurosu dragon of chapter 9 pt
18 PS4 Sengoku BASARA Yukimura Sanada Den 8 pt
19 3DS Metroid Prime federation Force 8 pt
20 3DS chapter of Pazudorakurosu God 8 pt

Final Fantasy XV finally getting a decent amount of points.
Persona 5 getting close to 300 points yaaassss. It wouldn't surprise if P5 ends up behind P4 in the comparison, but it will sell a lot more, that's for sure.

Edit: Also, surprised that the PS3 version of P5 got more points than the PS4 version.

BraLoD said:
Kerotan said:

I doubt that.  Out of the hundreds of thousands who will get P5 this year I'd imagine a decent % will buy the ps4 after the slim comes out. 

Why would they have been waiting all this time?
Sure some are waiting for it now, but Persona 5 was already quite close to launch when the leak happened, so the vast majority of them should already have had a PS4 or bought one recently.

Should or shouldn't,  a chunk of people will leave things to the last minute.  

Why do we see ps4 sales see big spikes when big games release?  Because people leave it late to get the ps4. In this case it affects the pre orders because you are seeing 3/4 weeks pre release where people aren't buying the ps4 like they normally would have if the slim wasn't coming.

Around the Network

P5 is like a plane in a movie heading for a cliff and at the last second it pulls up.

Again it's going to be tough to stay ahead but it's in beast mode that's for sure.

FFXV was also decent today but Yakuza 6 did really well.

10 days to go, then Pokémon XY pre orders start.

just gonna retag

Awesome Sunday!
Hopefully it isn't just Sunday that will have this much points.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

darthdevidem01 said:
Acevil said:

How can you say Final Fantasy XV has had piss poor marketing when they literally released a movie to hype up the game. That is more than a lot of franchises, and is typically considered a good marketing move when it does happen.

Yes actually what I said was quite insulting to S-E's Marketing department and incorrect. I actually forgot about kingsglaive despite having seen it a few days ago LOL

Let me rephrase what I meant. FFXV has had a whole load of expensive marketing but it has been misguided, shoddy and piss poor in quality (barring the anime...which has a very limited audience though)...so much so that I erronously forgot it has had marketing haha  

Uncovered was grand and as far as we know S-E was super pleased with XV preorders in western territories over late spring/summer.

But ever since E3 the marketing, although present has been a trainwreck. The buggy E3 on stage demo, the awful afrojack e3 trailer, kingsglaives absolute destruction from critics and very limited release with nonexistent marketing. You can't just dump a movie in hardly any theatres and call it a day.

Focussing on Japan, apparently kingslaive's Japanese voices dont even have audio sync and the Japanese VA is sub par compared to western VA for it. So yeah XV has had great marketing, purely in theory. Very little compelling stuff from the game itself has reached mainstream audiences. The last thing they really got was the afrojack trailer....lolmao 

It is sad as the game looks to be equal parts ambitious, innovative and provides quite an honest homage to the series from all we have seen. They just havent got this across in trailers. I pray TGS changes that. Like the guy above said the delay has hopefully been the best move and we will see it spike...but the sins of the past ten years and the lack of a unanimously positively received FF since 15 years will be hurdles even the Regalia won't be able to swoop over.

Yeah, they promoted the brand FFXV with the film and the anime but those aren't the game. People won't buy the game based on media that doesn't involve anything game related. And so far the footages they've been showing are more of dev updates, tech demos and not so much on Story. They need to release a trailer comparable to the e3 2013 FFXV reveal trailer. That would most definitely excite more people.