By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 To Have TRILUMINOS

Lafiel said:
crissindahouse said:

i'm sure my display doesn't look as bad as the "conventional led" examples on the picture but a wider range for the colours would be still nice.

yea, well, most people will view that PR picture on a sRGB monitor, which can't display the real difference

i know that but the problem is not that i couldn't see the triluminos awesomness on a normal display, the problem is that they let the pictures of the "standard" tech look like shit and let them look like something not even the first flat tv looked like.

let's say the beach picture in the right corner, "conventional lcd" looks super bad and not sure if there is any tv on this planet which colors looks as bad as this.

but i found a picture which looks much more realistic

Around the Network
darkknightkryta said:
I'll never understand how people can market "More colours" when you get all colours from Red, Green and Amber.

Of course you can. A wider colour gamut means it can produce a wider range of colours than that of the standard sRGB (found in most consumer grade displays), thus being more accurate.

TheLastStarFighter said:
I always find comparison photos like the one in the OP for tech like this funny, because I can see the difference on my current monitor... so my current monitor can display "Triluminos"? Reminds me of the "Quatron" ads. lol.

My thoughts exactly I'm always amazed that my display has all the newest tech when its introduced :D

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

so it's like blast processing that's not even in the console itself according to the title, epic!

Chandler said:
I don't get it. Does the PS4 come with a display?

the PS4 comes with support to this technology, if you own the bravia TV that has this technology then the PS4 will be able to output more colors. this isnt really big news for the ps4 as it is for xperia cell phones

Around the Network

loooks purrty

All of this, of course, is just my opinion.

Skyrim 100%'d. Dark Souls 100%'d. 
Dark Souls > Skyrim.
Halo 4 is the best damn FPS since Halo 3.
Proud pre-orderer of 2 PS4's and an Xbox One. 

Currently Playing: Dark Souls II, South Park
Playstation 4: MGS V GZ, Killzone: Shadow Fall, NBA 2k14.

riderz13371 said:

MOAR COLOURS

That sums up what the technology is about !

NobleTeam360 said:
Carl2291 said:
Hundreds of developers are falling over eachother to get this tech. Imagine it. All those grey, boring FPS games with more grey!

I can't wait for more shades of grey. Going to be epic

I'm fine with 50.

hinch said:
darkknightkryta said:
I'll never understand how people can market "More colours" when you get all colours from Red, Green and Amber.

Of course you can. A wider colour gamut means it can produce a wider range of colours than that of the standard sRGB (found in most consumer grade displays), thus being more accurate.

But there is no colour those 3 can't produce.

pezus said:
Netyaroze said:
PS4 to have Triluminos ? Who said that ? I can't see the article mentioning it.

Triluminos support. Near the end

Ok I see, nice feature.

@darkknightkryta 

I looked it up real quick so no guarantees its correct. White LEDs are actually blue/yellow the backlight messes with the colors. Sony implemented some kind of quantum dotted sheet between Display/Backlight. With a Triluminos source it can compensate for the imperfect white Backlight and mix more colors appearently it beats every LCD TV regarding colors and closes the gap between LCD and OLED regarding colors alot.

Neat to have in a console, could have influenced my decision pro Sony TV if I would need a TV.