By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony fans: How would you react with such a Third-Party treatment?

happydolphin said:
BlowoverKing said:

Who said you need to buy all consoles at once? People had 8 years to buy a 360, PS3, and Wii so why not just buy EA games on 360 or PS3 since if you like their games you should own one by now.

Instead of blaming developers blame Nintendo for releasing a console that no one wants to develope for. 

@bold. Can you explain how exactly Nintendo did that?

Lets just hope for the Wii U's sake on ports that the 720 bridges the gap in power between the Wii U and the PS4. I doubt it will and I think the PS4 and 720 will be rather close. The Wii U will get similar ports to the 360 and PS3 if at all. EA made decent money off of the EA Sports Active on the Wii, but Madden? Man I remember when I was a child and Nintendo was the main platform to develop sports titles for. Sega had it pretty hard back then.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Lets just hope for the Wii U's sake on ports that the 720 bridges the gap in power between the Wii U and the PS4. I doubt it will and I think the PS4 and 720 will be rather close. The Wii U will get similar ports to the 360 and PS3 if at all. EA made decent money off of the EA Sports Active on the Wii, but Madden? Man I remember when I was a child and Nintendo was the main platform to develop sports titles for. Sega had it pretty hard back then.

And remember that time the DS got a boatload of games 3rd party games that the PSP didn't get, or when the Gameboy got games that the Lynx and the Gamegear didn't get?

That's because the businesses made games for the company that is the most successful. For some reason when Sony and MS come into the picture, that was no longer true (even with the PSP, which got many games the DS didn't get). I wonder why.

In your eyes, manufacturers should bow down to 3rd parties, but that's only because manufacturers Sony and MS made sure of that dynamic. Otherwise, 3rd parties make games on the platform that has the biggest base. That's how it's always been in the industry and that's kinda how it should be.

But it gets more complicated than that still. MS and Sony decided to cater to a certain audience, and a major portion of 3rd party games cater to that audience. Darker, faster paced, more effects, etc. So the market got segmented. Now, the most popular platform no longer gets 3rd party support, but the platform that caters to the more action-oriented market get top 3rd party support.

This industry is so confusing.

BlowoverKing said:

Who said you need to buy all consoles at once?

I certainly didn't. Consoles will still cost money a year or two or five after launch. Not everyone wants to -- or can afford to -- buy another brand new piece of hardware every other year. So you can buy a PS4 and a 720 and a Wii U and a Vita and a 3DS and rack up $1000+ in hardware costs over the next few years, I think I'll stick to buying one or two consoles and actually having cash to spend on games.

Of course, I'm not one of the people who complains about not getting the games I want on the console I bought. It's not the end of the world if I don't play a game that I thought looked interesting. But if I would have bought it, third parties are losing a sale.

happydolphin said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

And remember that time the DS got a boatload of games 3rd party games that the PSP didn't get, or when the Gameboy got games that the Lynx and the Gamegear didn't get?

That's because the businesses made games for the company that is the most successful. For some reason when Sony and MS come into the picture, that was no longer true (even with the PSP, which got many games the DS didn't get). I wonder why.

In your eyes, manufacturers should bow down to 3rd parties, but that's only because manufacturers Sony and MS made sure of that dynamic. Otherwise, 3rd parties make games on the platform that has the biggest base. That's how it's always been in the industry and that's kinda how it should be.

But it gets more complicated than that still. MS and Sony decided to cater to a certain audience, and a major portion of 3rd party games cater to that audience. Darker, faster paced, more effects, etc. So the market got segmented. Now, the most popular platform no longer gets 3rd party support, but the platform that caters to the more action-oriented market get top 3rd party support.

This industry is so confusing.

Hypthothetically speaking, If Sony and Microsoft didnt exist in the gaming race, the industry would've been half the size that it is, gaming would be cheaper and AAA titles wouldnt be pushed to the levels that they are today in what you're seeing on the PS4. Arcades would probably still exist and PC gaming would probably be more popular for core titles. Nintendo would have a dominant control over third parties like they did in those days with very little changes. Consoles like the Wii would've never existed without the PS3 and 360's interference in their dominance. Sega never got a fair shake at third party until the middle of the genesis period, so they had to develop first party sports titles and celebrity backed games. Third parties had no choice in the matter back then. Console companies should never bow down to third parties but they have artistic visions as well and one cannot be selfish with the development of their product when 90% of the games made for it will be third party produced.

Nintendo gave third parties good settings for the current gen with the Wii U, but they must realize the third parties need to push the power of their games for a while now and the need to have the hardware to bring that out. Nintendo forces third parties to bend down to their level, which is why exclusives like Zombie U have to be developed.

Euphoria14 said:
platformmaster918 said:
Euphoria14 said:
As I have always done, I will buy the console that has the games I want.

imposibru!!!!!!

What would you complain about!?

Complaining is no fun.

Then why did you take the time to complain about the quality of Wii Music? Riddle me that, mr. fansypants.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
morenoingrato said:

Alright. Let's go into more detail.

PS4 gets a bunch of late ports with no added content at launch. Then, it gets lacklustre ports and no more than complains. Would you buy those old games that are available on other platforms much cheaper?

Be honest with your answers.

You mean the PS3's first year?

I agree the PS3's first year pretty bad aswell. The more interesting the fact however that it was selling 2,5 times as much software(with an almost equal install base) and twice as much hardware each week, and at almost double the price point. The difference is that the PS3 atleast got some games and got new ones  every week or two after a few months.

I'd be playing Uncharted 4.

To everyone who got personal:

I own a PC where I played DMC, BioShock Infinite and Tomb Raider this year, as well as several other games last year.

Bong Lover said:
Euphoria14 said:
platformmaster918 said:
Euphoria14 said:

imposibru!!!!!!

Complaining is no fun.

Then why did you take the time to complain about the quality of Wii Music? Riddle me that, mr. fansypants.

Uh, I am sure there is quite a difference between the people bitching and moaning about EA in every other thread and me just mentioning Wii Music in a thread asking about Wii shovelware.

Remember, I did not complain about it. I mearly mentioned it, then you came along and started up our little squabble.

I'm paraphrasing here, but I think it was something along the lines of you saying the game is as good as your imagination and time and effort allows it to be and then I responded saying I could have just as much enjoyment banging on pots and pans or upside down garbage pails.

You seem like a smart guy though, so I am sure you already knew this.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
Bong Lover said:
Euphoria14 said:
platformmaster918 said:
Euphoria14 said:

imposibru!!!!!!

Complaining is no fun.

Uh, I am sure there is quite a difference between the people bitching and moaning about EA in every other thread and me just mentioning Wii Music in a thread asking about Wii shovelware.

Remember, I did not complain about it. I mearly mentioned it, then you came along and started up our little squabble.

Don't you dare to derail this thread, too :P

Flame at each other's wall if you must argue...