By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony fans: How would you react with such a Third-Party treatment?

NintendoPie said:
enditall727 said:

Last thing

@morenoingrato Did you make this thread out of some type of anger and are looking for a possible reason to be mad at Sony fans? Or are you contemplating selling your console for a different one?

Why does it have to be that he's mad at something or somebody? It's a hypothetical situation.

OT: I wonder how calm, cool, and collected members would be if this actually happened (to the PS4.) I doubt as much.

Because he is

He made this thread in hopes to trap Sony fans. He is basically looking for a reason to be mad at Sony fans. He knows what he's doing

Lol

This thread is a trap.

The Wii U and PS3 were in different situations on the game side anyways

Around the Network
enditall727 said:

Because he is

He made this thread in hopes to trap Sony fans. He is basically looking for a reason to be mad at Sony fans. He knows what he's doing

Lol

This thread is a trap.

You seem to like to assume things. Don't do that. He obviously made this thread as a hypothetical situation.

enditall727 said:

Because he is

Lol

This thread is a trap.

Paranoid, much?

I hoped to see honest answers on people's thoughts on the topic. Many people responded  in a civil manner. There are only few exceptions like you. I suppose creating threads is not allowed anymore. Didn't get the memo.

NintendoPie said:
enditall727 said:

Because he is

Lol

This thread is a trap.

You seem to like to assume things. Don't do that. He obviously made this thread as a hypothetical situation.

Hmm maybe

morenoingrato said:
enditall727 said:

Because he is

Lol

This thread is a trap.

Paranoid, much?

I hoped to see honest answers on people's thoughts on the topic. Many people responded  in a civil manner. There are only few exceptions like you. I suppose creating threads is not allowed anymore. Didn't get the memo.

LOL!

why didnt you reply to my other comment? It took this 2nd comment to Ninpie to get a response from you lol

But yea the Wii U and PS3 are in different situations on the game side. 

Around the Network
enditall727 said:

why didnt you reply to my other comment? It took this 2nd comment to Ninpie to get a response from you lol

I took it as pontless baiting and decided to ignore it. Yet you keep insisting on derailing this thread.

Pie, don't feed this guy.

morenoingrato said:
enditall727 said:

I took it as pontless baiting and decided to ignore it. Yet you keep insisting on derailing this thread.

Pie, don't feed this guy.

LOL!!!

XD

Now it seems like you are the one that is getting paranoid

Well i assumed that you made this thread knowing full well that something similar happened with ps3 and would later bring it up when people responded. Then you went ahead and confirmed my assumption by bringing up the fact that something similar happened on ps3 like i assumed ;).

Tell me that you didnt just do that.

NintendoPie said:
Shinobi-san said:

Yeah but under what circumstances would this happen to the PS4? I think we need to be more specific here about what actually did "happen" to Nintendo.

I mean if third parties just randonly decided to not support ps4 for no reason at all then hell yes everybody should get crazy mad. But thats not the case with the Wii U and it wasnt the case with the Wii.

Also, nintendo purposefully marketed itself specifically to certain demographics this gen with the Wii, which automatically isolated the majority of the games 3rd parties are creating. Nintendo kinda went and did its own thing and that worked out well for them with the Wii. But with the WiiU its like even Nintendo arent sure who their target market is...and thats adding to the problem.

Nintendo are trying to target almost every demographic with the Wii U. (Casual/"Hardcore") Which won't happen, but they do have a target.

We aren't talking about the Wii anymore. The Wii U is meant to be a crowd pleaser. I don't know why third parties aren't being absolute with everything they release, but they aren't. And that's not Nintendo's fault this time. (I'm talking about unfair releases, not supported titles, etc. Not the fact of "next-gen" support because I know what the reason is for a drop in that.)

Hmm you got a point, they are trying to target both casual and hardcore but they have failed so far on both counts. Specifically when it comes to the Gamepad...its obviously a big investment but it hasnt paid off thus far and its failed to attract casuals. Also I have no idea what the plan is with the "hardcore". And by hardcore im not talking about Nintendo hardcore gamers...im talking about the people who play COD on 360/PS3 ("hardcore" lol). They havent managed to do anything here. It was always going to be tough though.

So yeah they might have a target market but thats not coming across and their current strategy is not working for them. Third parties follow these kinda things. And its up to Nintendo to get the ball rolling (whether thats through first party games or second/third party support) i mean its their platform after all. Support is not mandatory.

And also the reason why i brought up the Wii is because it is partly to blame for the lack of Third party support on the Wii U. Its all in the "Wii" brand. Its a family orientated brand more so than Nintendo itself. Its really hard to distinguish the WiiU from the Wii and disassociate all that goes with the brand name especially when the names are so damn similar. They should have gone for a brand overhaul if they really wanted to appeal to "hardcore" gamers.

And im not exactly sure which cases you are refering to about unfair releases etc. But quite honestly thats just how it goes man :/ Its unfortunate and all but yeah. If the WiiU managers to build a base of gamers who buy these kinda games then third parties will respond (they must) with better support, better ports, maybe even exclusives etc.

Its an unfortunate situation but there are precise reasons why things happened this why. But ultimately these were decisions Nintendo made.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

It occurs to me that the respective player bases have actually responded differently to the situation. I remember at the time it was happening to the PS3. The player base was adamant that third party support would in the coarse of time materialize. While today the Wii U player base has basically written off the idea of getting that support. I mean you would think that a few Nintendo fans would float the suggestion that Electronic Arts would come back around. Maybe a few months from now, or maybe in a years time.

It feels almost like they expected that this was going to happen, and that they expect that the console wont be able to turn things around. Which begs the next most logical question. Do they already expect their console to fail out of the market. Like the Dreamcast which also didn't get support from Electronic Arts. It is kind of odd that Sony fans struggled to find something positive. While the Nintendo fans have gone straight up negative, and that is their entire argument.

I haven't seen a positive argument for how Nintendo is going to get out of the quagmire. How they are going to get the third party support they need to stay on retailer shelves, or even why it will return down the line. You know while they have been hating on Electronic Arts nonstop. The fact of the matter is they really supported the Wii. Putting out seventy games for that platform is hardly something to turn their nose up over.

Even at PS3s worst they were still getting games, yeah they ran worst, but i dont know about anytone else, but i rather play an inferior port than no port at all. Wii U is missing alot of games or just flat out not getting some. And its not like some Sony fans didnt jump ship in the beginning, they went where the games were like any gamer should do.