By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA and Disney Announce Star Wars Partnership!

Carl2291 said:
Mr Khan said:

I do care for Star Wars games, just not to the degree of "begging."

And i think i'm being far more adult about it than EA is. EA is giving us the finger and talking like everything's still hunky-dory. At least i'm being straight about how i feel and what i want to see happen.

And did EA give any indication that that "effort" game existed? Does EA have one singular game in the pipe for Wii U? Have they not made the completely unprecedented step of no longer releasing Madden on a major home console?

While Criterion put effort into NFS: Most Wanted U, EA made sure it went out to die, just like they did with Mass Effect 3.

Yes. Theyre giving the Wii U the finger. Get over it already.

Madden 13 sold ~30,000 units. Its likely that 30,000 units hasnt even covered port costs. You have your reason for no Madden 14 right there. For comparisons sake using another console thats really struggling right now... Madden 13 on PS Vita sold over 250,000 units.

Right. Imagine this.

NIntendo and Square Enix announce a deal where the next 3 Final Fantasy games will be exclusive to Nintendo home consoles, with Nintendo publishing in the West.

People start laughing, saying "Oh great, now Square Enix really will go bankrupt! Fuck Square Enix!"

Would you mod them?

Depends on the context. Sometimes people have a right to melt down. All the people complaining about Monster Hunter and Capcom don't get any grief from me (and there were a fair few of them in Capcom's last financial report)

This disregarding the fact that EA is being much worse about this than any company has been since EA themselves on the Dreamcast.

There's a matter of principle at stake here, about how companies treat consumers, about how companies interact. I reiterate that EA has an agenda and is worthy of only ridicule, and shall withdraw from the conversation.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

If I saw people doing nothing but bitching about my company while simultaneously not purchases our games, I wouldn't make games for them either.

There is also no "principle" here. They don't owe you anything. Especially if you don't buy their games in the first place.

They don't have an obligation to lose money for the sake of the WiiU.

Want the games? Buy a different console. It really is that easy.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Excellent news.

Knights of the Old Rebublic III by Bioware and Battlefront III by DICE would be a dream come true.

Mr Khan said:

Depends on the context. Sometimes people have a right to melt down. All the people complaining about Monster Hunter and Capcom don't get any grief from me (and there were a fair few of them in Capcom's last financial report)

This disregarding the fact that EA is being much worse about this than any company has been since EA themselves on the Dreamcast.

There's a matter of principle at stake here, about how companies treat consumers, about how companies interact. I reiterate that EA has an agenda and is worthy of only ridicule, and shall withdraw from the conversation.

I dont think context comes into it. Trolling is trolling. The statement wouldnt be acceptable in any forum, about any company.

Its essentially being pissy because you arent getting your own way. Its throwing your toys out of the pram, because you see the kid in the other pram has a better toy.

Mr Khan said:
AndrewWK said:
Mr Khan said:
All the more reason to get EA bankrupt now

Are you fucking serious? I mean I would report for this but then again who am i suppossed to turn to. If somebody would write something like this about Nintendo or Sony he would get banned instantly. 

This is T******g 101

But Sony and Nintendo (or pretty much any other publisher) aren't being as disrespectful as EA is being.

Considering the fact they bumped all their games back, I would say Nintendo has been just as disrespectful to the people who purchased their console.

Should they go bankrupt?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Okay people seemed to be glossing over a few facts when it comes to EA and Nintendo. Madden 13 on Wii was just Madden 12 with a roster update and 6 months of dev time. They were literally selling last years a game for $60. Mass Effect 3 for Wii U lacked DLC support was launched after Mass Effect Trilogy released at the same price on PC, 360, and PS3. Need For Speed: Most Wanted launched late on with Wii U sans DLC support. There has yet to be a game released by EA on Wii U that was on equal footing as it competitors. The games shouldn't have sold well. Mass Effect 3 in particular shouldn't have sold one damned copy.

Darc Requiem said:
Okay people seemed to be glossing over a few facts when it comes to EA and Nintendo. Madden 13 on Wii was just Madden 12 with a roster update and 6 months of dev time. They were literally selling last years a game for $60. Mass Effect 3 for Wii U lacked DLC support was launched after Mass Effect Trilogy released at the same price on PC, 360, and PS3. Need For Speed: Most Wanted launched late on with Wii U sans DLC support. There has yet to be a game released by EA on Wii U that was on equal footing as it competitors. The games shouldn't have sold well. Mass Effect 3 in particular shouldn't have sold one damned copy.

I know that Mass Effect 3 for Wii U has at least some DLC already implemented. Was a lot of DLC excluded?

All of you defending EA in regards to WiiU and then quoting sales of gimped, late, zero marketed games needs to get a reality check.

EA came out ON NINTENDO'S STAGE and said they would provide " unparallelled support" with Battlefield and sports etc. Then as launch closes in WiiU gets...

Mass Effect 3 low-budget port with zero marketing and killed off by an equally priced, heavily marketed Mass Effect trilogy on PS360.

Madden 13 low-budget port of the MADDEN 12 game. A fucking year old game with a new year on it. NONE of the upgrades the other versions were getting and that specific differences were the only advertising the Wii U version received. On top of that, it was even a late release to the other Madden 13 games.

NFS game that Criterion... NOT EA... actually spent time on to make it a better game than the other versions, yet it was still a late release. (in itself means it will sell dramatically less, why did Ubi delay Rayman again?) While Criterion had good intentions, EA did not match that support and it also received zero marketing.

How the hell can you use those games as justification for no future support? They sold exactly to the level of effort EA put into them. EA basically released them only because they were so far along it made zero sense to stop and they also wanted this crap sells argument to support their already in place plan to black-list Nintendo.

Fact is, EA is being a pathetic and childish. I was already willing to miss out on BF4 (even though I would have bought it on PC due to how my PS3 experience played out) in my ban on EA. Now I'm going to be fucked on my most favorite IP in all media formats. I knew Disney wouldn't let the SW gaming brand die and good games would come out eventually, but fucking EA... ugh.

EA has a horrible track record with games and generally they just slowly die. BF is really the only IP that has remained decent and that is likely solely due to DICE. Sure DICE would likely make a great Battlefront game too.

Madden and Tiger Woods has the same restrictions as these SW games will supposedly have. However, EA obviously has loopholes otherwise the next games for 2014 wouldn't be skipping Wii U. And no, spending another $450-$500 on another console is not an option. That's stupidity.

My only ray of hope is that EAs next CEO doesn't come in with this idiotic anti-Nintendo stance and returns EA to a far more solvent picture with supporting all viable platforms, including actually marketing them.

Carl2291 said:

Hey, if I said this about Sony, NIntendo or Microsoft Id be banned!

Are you trying to say that the Mods now have a bias to all three "biggies" and don't care how much you bully around EA?!

... Hm, good point.

superchunk said:
All of you defending EA in regards to WiiU and then quoting sales of gimped, late, zero marketed games needs to get a reality check.

EA came out ON NINTENDO'S STAGE and said they would provide " unparallelled support" with Battlefield and sports etc. Then as launch closes in WiiU gets...

Mass Effect 3 low-budget port with zero marketing and killed off by an equally priced, heavily marketed Mass Effect trilogy on PS360.

Madden 13 low-budget port of the MADDEN 12 game. A fucking year old game with a new year on it. NONE of the upgrades the other versions were getting and that specific differences were the only advertising the Wii U version received. On top of that, it was even a late release to the other Madden 13 games.

NFS game that Criterion... NOT EA... actually spent time on to make it a better game than the other versions, yet it was still a late release. (in itself means it will sell dramatically less, why did Ubi delay Rayman again?) While Criterion had good intentions, EA did not match that support and it also received zero marketing.

How the hell can you use those games as justification for no future support? They sold exactly to the level of effort EA put into them. EA basically released them only because they were so far along it made zero sense to stop and they also wanted this crap sells argument to support their already in place plan to black-list Nintendo.

Fact is, EA is being a pathetic and childish. I was already willing to miss out on BF4 (even though I would have bought it on PC due to how my PS3 experience played out) in my ban on EA. Now I'm going to be fucked on my most favorite IP in all media formats. I knew Disney wouldn't let the SW gaming brand die and good games would come out eventually, but fucking EA... ugh.

EA has a horrible track record with games and generally they just slowly die. BF is really the only IP that has remained decent and that is likely solely due to DICE. Sure DICE would likely make a great Battlefront game too.

Madden and Tiger Woods has the same restrictions as these SW games will supposedly have. However, EA obviously has loopholes otherwise the next games for 2014 wouldn't be skipping Wii U. And no, spending another $450-$500 on another console is not an option. That's stupidity.

My only ray of hope is that EAs next CEO doesn't come in with this idiotic anti-Nintendo stance and returns EA to a far more solvent picture with supporting all viable platforms, including actually marketing them.

So to summarize your post EA should just bend over for Nintendo because.......... they're Nintendo

Seems Legit

Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.

"I don't debate, I just give you that work"- Ji99saw