By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Who here went to University?

Did you go to University?

Yes 139 79.43%

No 17 9.71%

I want to in the future 19 10.86%

Total:175
Soleron said:
the2real4mafol said:
Soleron said:
the2real4mafol said:

What university is this? you never said where you go. and what's to say History degrees are like that everywhere?

Cambridge. And because it's Cambridge it HAS to be easier elsewhere, that's the entire point. She was admitted with A*A*AA if I recall.

Good for her, but it still don't mean all history degrees are the same or taught the same (there is no way lectures aren't compulsory, that makes no sense) . Cambridge just seems to be a university brand name (like the other top universities) more than anything, don't mean they are necessarily good for the working world. Just look at the failure of this government, most of the cabinet seemed to come from Cambridge (or Oxford for that matter) and they are ignorant baffoons. Cambridge and Oxford just seem to be there as elitist clubs for the future super rich rather than as world leading universities. This is just how i see it  

Believe me I am super disillusioned with Cambridge and how badly it's organised and how little it's done for me, but I'd never say that.

I seriously think you'll regret it and have a hard time finding a job. I hope I'm wrong and you end up in a job you love. I regret the choice of degree and university I made weren't practical enough.

You aren't happy with Cambridge? I never though i would hear anyone say that in my life

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network

Yeah, I graduated last May.

just about to wrap up my 2nd year doing Book Arts and Design at University of the Arts London. Hopefully one more year and that's for my dissertation. It's been a little hellish here lately with all the government cutbacks but things seem to be normalizing.

spurgeonryan said:
I went to community college because my parents were poor and I slacked off in school. then went to online college later on.

Nothing wrong with Community College, people that give it a bad name are a**holes...  im about to finish my first year in community college, trying to major in criminal justice and be a police officier which is basically all you need (AS degree). plus im currently applying for an intership at my local police department(which gives college credits  as well for the intership) and other various mini programs involving police work, that should boost my "Profile" for when i apply to show them im serious etc... In short Community college is nothing wrong, people who think a 4 year university is a must in life or else your going to be a failure are clowns.. I know people who went to expensive 4 year colleges (UCLA, UCSF, UCSB, UCB) and they cant get a job with the degrees they major in. Then they got to go to community or sometype of specialize school to be able to get a job in some other field.

Buying a PS4 nuff said.

wfz said:
I went to university and graduated a little over 2 years ago. Good luck!

the same here :D

Around the Network
the2real4mafol said:
Soleron said:

Believe me I am super disillusioned with Cambridge and how badly it's organised and how little it's done for me, but I'd never say that.

I seriously think you'll regret it and have a hard time finding a job. I hope I'm wrong and you end up in a job you love. I regret the choice of degree and university I made weren't practical enough.

You aren't happy with Cambridge? I never though i would hear anyone say that in my life

Short version, they do not make reasonable accommodations for disability. Worst three years of my life so far.

Soleron said:
the2real4mafol said:
Soleron said:

Short version, they do not make reasonable accommodations for disability. Worst three years of my life so far.

I feel sorry for you, maybe people expect too much from some universities. But that's why i visited each of the 4 universities that accepted me and then accepted the offers from my favourite 2 (Plymouth and Essex, both of which i loved by the way). 

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Spam replaced by something yet more annoying

-Mr Khan

the2real4mafol said:
walsufnir said:
the2real4mafol said:
S.Peelman said:
Yes.

Just mere weeks away from graduating my Master track in Architecture (for the Master of Science degree). Finally, after 8 long years, too bad I'll be graduating in a time no-one wants to build buildings .

I attend the Delft University of Technology here in the Netherlands, which is pretty much the equivalent of the MIT in Europe.

Good luck in your studies!

I suggest moving to somewhere in Asia, your skills will be needed.

But how come your degree took so long? Maybe it's different in the Netherlands, but a degree and a masters should only take 4 years.

Oh, there are soo many things that can prolong your studying... I could name a few ;) Where I studied at standard period of study was 9 semesters. The average amount of semesters until students graduated was at about 15 semesters :D

5 years? I don't really understand semesters, (is it 2 or 3 a year?)

TO add to the above coversation, some reason why it takes longer is"

1. People fail units as the degree is  hard.

2. People do it part time whilst working, so it automatically can double in time.

Im about to graduate