By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is your most hated part of your favorite game?

Tagged games:

No game is perfect, we all have those moments that we hate or are annoyed by.

Tell us your favorite game, why you like it and what mechanic/level/character made your favorite game, just a little less enjoyable.

For me it has to be Twilight Town in Kingdom Hearts II. I loved that game, I loved the sound, the visuals and the gameplay. But that tutorial...it was FAAAAAAR too long and had an incredibly bad pacing (doing minigames for an entire hour? really?). The first time I played KH2 the tutorial took me about 5 hours, now that I know what to do it still takes about 2 hours, horrible...

What do you have to share?

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
When a favorite game comes to a end.

That was deep. And pretty much true.

Water Temple.

Triforce quest in Wind Waker.

The lava areas of Prime 1.

Xenoblade's ether mines.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

dsgrue3 said:
Water Temple.

I think I need to play the N64 version of this game some time. The Water Temple in OoT: 3D wasn't actually that bad. Just a bit annoying^^

Around the Network
KHlover said:
dsgrue3 said:
Water Temple.

I think I need to play the N64 version of this game some time. The Water Temple in OoT: 3D wasn't actually that bad. Just a bit annoying^^

It wasn't that bad, just generally confusing from what I remember. This was about 13 years ago, though. And I let my friend borrow the game and apparently there is way to actually get stuck in the water temple and he managed to do it. Nothing he could do but start completely over.

dsgrue3 said:
KHlover said:
dsgrue3 said:
Water Temple.

It wasn't that bad, just generally confusing from what I remember. This was about 13 years ago, though. And I let my friend borrow the game and apparently there is way to actually get stuck in the water temple and he managed to do it. Nothing he could do but start completely over.

Ooh, that must have sucked for him o.O

In Earthbound there is a part near the beginning where you have to grind a few levels to beat the first boss and the area you have to play around in is so small you just kill the same two mobs over and over again in order to get those levels and beat the boss. It's the only part of the game I ever have to specifically grind and it's annoying every time.

The Mechonis factory in Xenoblade, it didn't have the memorable music of the Mechonis Field

And I loved Twilight Town and the Water Temple

• Water Temple
  • Getting all my partners back in FF VI (some really good stories when 'recovering' them but overall I find it kinda tedious)
  • Getting the thermal visor in Prime 1 (hate that area so much)
  • Triforce quest in WW
  • The second part of Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (the only good thing about those chapters is Nephenee)
  • The temple of time in Twilight Princess (nothing special about it other than entering it for the first time, but the dungeon itself is very bland)

Nintendo and PC gamer