By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Should petty feuds be met with moderations?

Carl2291 said:
You cant moderate for stealth trolling, because 90% of the time the moderation would be an assumption wouldnt it?

I dont think its right to moderate on assumptions.

If you can define a "Stealth Troll" to me, you might change my mind.

I always understood "stealth trolling" as someone not liking someone elses opinion.

"Nintendo announced Super Mario Wii U2"

VGC Member  #1 - "I know Mario sells well, but come on Nintendo, start making something different."

VGC Member  #2 - "Nice stealth troll there pal."

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Ever wonder why its only you getting into these "feuds" and getting "attacked". Isn't it about time the thread was closed as the rules clearly state moderation issues should be taken up with the mod team?

Carl2291 said:
You cant moderate for stealth trolling, because 90% of the time the moderation would be an assumption wouldnt it?

I dont think its right to moderate on assumptions.

If you can define a "Stealth Troll" to me, you might change my mind.

Thread OP:

With the reveal of Microsoft's Next Generation console less than a month away, I thought it's time the Xbox community started to celebrate, and I thought what better way to start than to take a look at the console that started it all.

Comment by VGC member

Little late, PS4 has all the buzz. Microsoft will basically have 1-2 weeks before E3 starts and allows Sony to derail that hype. Till now, Playstation brand has all the hype. They totally f***** the pooch on this one (IMO). When they announce, they can't be heavy Kinect focused, or always online focused or I really do believe, they will be done before they even come out. Even with their loyalties in the US, they should know when a new generation starts, this means almost nothing to people. People want to have what their friends have. And guess what, all my friends are talking about the PS4. And guess what, they want to buy it. And guess what, they are 360 gamers right now. Nearly all of them.

Cool for their presser, but I really do think they messed up on their PR side. I think because they underestimated Sony. So 1-2 weeks of 720 hype, mixed in with PS4/720 comparisons. Then on to E3, which is a heavy mix of both with ramblings at the end on who "won" the event. Nintendo won't be winning anything, as I think they took a smart exit from hosting a event. More so because they can't compete. They picked to go another route. But listen, it's smart for them not to. Right now they are focusing on Nintendo branded IP's, and that is how they will sell consoles, more so while 3rd party developers are iffy on the console (poor sales = high risk). With developers telling off the WiiU, I don't think they want to battle Microsoft and Sony, talking about 3rd party titles and such support. I feel that would make them look inferior at the moment. Know knows if the dev support for the WiiU will pick up. But I do think it's smart at this time not to go against the two big dogs who are to release. But then again, it's not so smart, it's E3, which is the grand daddy of press conferences to the media, outlets and fans. It's a big deal to me that they are pulling out. With the WiiU, they don't want people to talk about when comparing conferences that Sony has this and this 3rd party game, and so does Microsoft, but it isn't on the WiiU. I think that is suicide, so ultimately they picked a wise choice.

I better not be banned for calling the WiiU inferior, talking to mindset and perception of people, as the event it's all about comparing. Instead they host their own Nintendo broadcast (prerecorded) and focus on their 1st party titles on their floor. Then people talk about the 1st party games from Nintendo that they got to play. And no where do they compare X&Y to Nintendo. The bitter truth as of late for Nintendo is that, Nintendo consoles are to play Nintendo games on.

Back to Microsoft. Does anyone else feel like I do? Just don't like peoples strategy. Seems Sony is up on the PR train this starting generation. I think that this 720 press conference will have to be masterful, and ride through E3 and not release that high. Otherwise it can't undo the damage of a seemingly delayed release announcement. In fact, I am shocked they afforded themselves so much time after the Sony presser a while back (when they announced the PS4).

Anyways, I can't wait for this event too. But even more so to E3. Exciting time for gaming. Everyone has their own strategy. Not sure which will work, and which one(s) will bust. I have my theories, but can't wait to find out for sure!

This is stealth trolling.  Obvious negative comments to derail the thread that are often times off topic even if just remotely.  These comments are not needed and clearly posted to derail and bait people in.

Thats not a definition JayWood.

I want a definition.

I read the first paragraph you posted and that isnt a stealth troll. Its a troll.

Carl2291 said:

I want a definition.

I read the first paragraph you posted and that isnt a stealth troll. Its a troll.

I posted what it is below the comment.  It is underlined.

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
enditall727 said:
Jay520 said:
enditall727 said:
Jay520 said:
NintendoPie said:

It seems like this has happened to you before, Jay.

You have no idea. The mods always come to save some guy's dignity in the most critical moments.

You've done the exact same to me before..

source?

I gave you the source once before and it was hard to find because it was from 2011 i believe

I would usually lay it all on the table and say who was involved but the mods will get me if i do

I vaguely remember the moment but I believe you were being unfair. I'm not too sure though that's why I asked for the link.

No i wasn't

You pretty much explained why you super hero'd the other guy and it was not because you thought i was being unfair

a mod stepped in later and basically said something to me along the lines of what you said but it wasn't about me being unfair

I was just setting the record straight and then you suplexed me

pezus said:
JayWood2010 said:
spurgeonryan said:
There are antagonizers on this site. I will not name names, but they are here to get people banned. Annoy them in a way that they do something stupid. They should be dealt with as well, but it is done stealthily. Like a stealth troll, he is saying he or she hates a certain company or something else, but just does it in a way that is not moderatable.

Maybe those that I mentioned in the above paragraph should just report problems instead of trying to get other users banned.

I've talked to mods about stealth trolling.  I think users should be logged for each time they stealth troll and after X amount of  times the user who is stealth trolling can be warned.  

You know, it's called stealth trolling for a reason. Logging the times someone stealth trolls is an incredibly hard task...where should the line be drawn?

We as members knows the users who does this.  We could keep a log and then submit it to the mods and then they can judge whether it is stealth trolling or not.  This would not require the mods to keep a log on everybody but users could keep a log on the users they think does this.

JayWood2010 said:
Carl2291 said:

I want a definition.

I posted what it is below the comment.  It is underlined.

That to me just says a negative comment is stealth trolling.

Its an assumption.

You cant judge intentions of a negative comment just because its negative. Constructive criticism, or criticism in general should always be welcome to a discussion.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
JayWood2010 said:
Otakumegane said:

Somehow this became a VGKing bashing thread.

Well he kinda deserves it. (Jaywood's wall is funny yo). Petty feuds are what they are, petty. Mods should be concerned with bigger problems.

lol  My wall is perfect with no arguments XD  But no really VGking tries to act like people are dumb and he can fool anyone but we have a lot of very intelligent people on this site. He isn't as sly as he thinks he is.

i find this funny , i could say the same about you ^^

obviously

pezus said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
if you guys get annoying by him ignore him, its that easy !!!

I wish you would do this with my posts instead of being a squeeler and reporting Em!

When will you admit that you getting banned is your own fault and not the one's who reports you?

Because he's being a hypocrite, he could easily have just ignored them, that's what I do... If I would report people because I don't like their opinions than you'd probably been bann'd lots of times...just saying