By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Should petty feuds be met with moderations?

Jay520 said:
enditall727 said:
Jay520 said:
NintendoPie said:

It seems like this has happened to you before, Jay.

You have no idea. The mods always come to save some guy's dignity in the most critical moments.

You've done the exact same to me before..

source?

I gave you the source once before and it was hard to find because it was from 2011 i believe

I would usually lay it all on the table and say who was involved but the mods will get me if i do

Around the Network
trasharmdsister12 said:
enditall727 said:

I gave you the source once before and it was hard to find because it was from 2011 i believe

I would usially lay it all on the table and say who was involved but the mods will get me if i do

PM him then. We can't see a PM

How about we message any thoughts we have on improving moderators straight to the moderation team instead of creating these threads that either devolve into mod bashing/sucking up and/or proxy arguments between users who are behind the reason for these threads?

@Jay you see what i mean!? Lol

@squirtle nah im not going to look for it anyways because im on mobile

OT: I dont think the ignore button will be as good as some people think

spurgeonryan said:
There are antagonizers on this site. I will not name names, but they are here to get people banned. Annoy them in a way that they do something stupid. They should be dealt with as well, but it is done stealthily. Like a stealth troll, he is saying he or she hates a certain company or something else, but just does it in a way that is not moderatable.

Maybe those that I mentioned in the above paragraph should just report problems instead of trying to get other users banned.

I've talked to mods about stealth trolling.  I think users should be logged for each time they stealth troll and after X amount of  times the user who is stealth trolling can be warned.  

You cant moderate for stealth trolling, because 90% of the time the moderation would be an assumption wouldnt it?

I dont think its right to moderate on assumptions.

If you can define a "Stealth Troll" to me, you might change my mind.

enditall727 said:
Jay520 said:
enditall727 said:
Jay520 said:
NintendoPie said:

It seems like this has happened to you before, Jay.

You have no idea. The mods always come to save some guy's dignity in the most critical moments.

You've done the exact same to me before..

source?

I would usually lay it all on the table and say who was involved but the mods will get me if i do

I vaguely remember the moment but I believe you were being unfair. I'm not too sure though that's why I asked for the link.

Around the Network

Get me a petty feud forum on here... and one for retro gaming!

Carl2291 said:

Because this thread is about me, Im going to tell the people of VGChartz a short story.

Are you ready people? Here goes!

The Tale of Heroes, Wizards, Webs and Timetravel

Once upon a time, there was a thread on VGChartz about the negativity directed towards Microsoft regarding some rumors about the next generation of Xbox.

While a lot of people thought the negativity was odd, some thought it was completely deserved. One of these people was VGKing. He had good reasons to think this. Why shouldnt he? Hes allowed an opinion, right? If he thinks bad rumors are horrible and anti-consumer, then thats what he thinks!

Alas there was a problem. A brave, vigilant man, the Hero of our story, remembered the times when VGKing thought rumors were stupid and shouldnt be listened to. He thought negative stuff could be turned positive! The said hero confronted VGKing about his past actions. The past actions which were coincidentally about Sony's PlayStation 4.

Thats right! In less than 6 Months VGKings opinion on rumors had changed quite considerably! ... Or did they? No. They didnt.

"It was different!" he said, as he protested against Hero.

Hero was not having any of it. He couldnt be fooled so easily. His assault was relentless. Like a man obsessed with justice, his hammer of truth kept crashing down until eventually, VGKing submitted and went back in time to alter events. He backtracked, hoping he could find a way out of the web created by his own being. The web, my friends, is not forgiving.

WIth a mighty crash, Hero, along with the wizard walsufnir, finally put an end to VGKings shenanigans with time travel of their own! It was mighty, it was swift, it was the truth.

VGKing wept. He had enough. As he retreated, you could hear the tiny whimpers of "Petty feud" and "One sided"...

The Heroes of Justice and Truth were victorious. 

This was a true story.

a winner is you. I don't mean that sarcastically, that was entertaining to read.

Seems silly to me to make a thread about this kind of stuff when you're in the middle of most of it and your ridiculous actions detailed in that epic story I quoted are the root cause of a lot of it.

I mean really dude, you went back to a months old post and edited it to hide your flip flopping to suit your brand agenda. How is this supposed to contribute to healthy discussion?

We should set up a VGC Arena, where users currently having petty arguments can go all out and bitch and complain about each other while the rest of VGC gets to cook some popcorn and watch the embarrassment unfold.

We could set up a bracket system and in the end we come up with (1) Grand Champion.

VGC could use another voting based thread.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Its ironic that you made this thread cause you're one of the main people who start pointless arguments and get into big feuds with other people, but you're not the only one, and they're are fans from every side guilty of this.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
if you guys get annoying by him ignore him, its that easy !!!

I wish you would do this with my posts instead of being a squeeler and reporting Em!