By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Should petty feuds be met with moderations?

Xxain said:
You already have the ability to ignore users. You also have the ability to not follow threads. You were born with those choices.

Ha! This made me laugh.

@VGKing, I think you should instead be making an apology thread for your blatant lies.

OT: I do take a small issue when moderators dish out bans or lock a thread with certain heated debates. A lot of times there would be a debate between two guys and there's one guy who's obviously wrong, yet he's being extremely annoying or obnoxious about it. No matter what is presented, he keeps coming back stronger and stronger not knowing he's wrong. Then someone presents irrefutable facts or data that proves the obnoxious guy was definitively wrong about whatever he was talking about.

BUT at this very moment, the moderator comes in and says "alright guys" let's end the discussion now. And now the guy that was wrong is free to ignore the proof that he was wrong because the moderator told him to end the discussion. He was so close to accepting that he was proven wrong (or leaving the thread in shame), but the moderator ruined everything.

For this reason, I believe whenever someone presents debate-ending facts mods should just let the discussion go on, no matter how heated. It would be interesting to see the guy's reaction.

Around the Network
Jay520 said:

BUT at this very moment, the moderator comes in and says "alright guys" let's end the discussion now. And now the guy that was wrong is free to ignore the proof that he was wrong because the moderator told him to end the discussion. He was so close to accepting that he was proven wrong (or leaving the thread in shame), but the moderator ruined everything.

For this reason, I believe whenever someone presents debate-ending facts mods should just let the discussion go on, no matter how heated. It would be interesting to see the guy's reaction.

It seems like this has happened to you before, Jay.

Well, this thread...feels heavy. There's a hell of a pressure here, right now. Like a tickin' bomb, waiting to explode.

NintendoPie said:
Jay520 said:

You have no idea. The mods always come to save some guy's dignity in the most critical moments.

Xxain said:
You already have the ability to ignore users. You also have the ability to not follow threads. You were born with those choices.

Well said.

It's just that simple.

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
NintendoPie said:
Jay520 said:

You have no idea. The mods always come to save some guy's dignity in the most critical moments.

Smeags is the king of this

Somehow this became a VGKing bashing thread.

Well he kinda deserves it. (Jaywood's wall is funny yo). Petty feuds are what they are, petty. Mods should be concerned with bigger problems.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Otakumegane said:

Somehow this became a VGKing bashing thread.

Well he kinda deserves it. (Jaywood's wall is funny yo). Petty feuds are what they are, petty. Mods should be concerned with bigger problems.

lol  My wall is perfect with no arguments XD  But no really VGking tries to act like people are dumb and he can fool anyone but we have a lot of very intelligent people on this site. He isn't as sly as he thinks he is.

Jay520 said:
NintendoPie said:
Jay520 said:

You've done the exact same to me before..

enditall727 said:
Jay520 said:
NintendoPie said:

You've done the exact same to me before..

source?